MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

Medgal07

Me checking the sitemap...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFl72-5IVHA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Hilarious! I wasn't quite ready for that. A real hoot!!!
girlhaha.gif

Michelemu21

It does work pretty good...but with really in demand items I would still try for the website first. At Nordstroms they both presold my Stereo Rose and Modern Mandarin even though I preordered them. I think with Stereo Rose, online got first and they didn't get enough in. With Modern Mandarin I think they sold them at their preshow. A bummer, though I ended up getting them both later but it was a hassle similar to MM. If it is a highly coveted item like Party Parrot, Pink Pigeon, etc. I would try for the web site first and then the store. Just my experience.

cucumbers

Okay, I'll give my impressions!

Lipsticks: Beauty was pretty, but the Glaze formula looks terrible on my lips so I passed. It seemed paler than VG Gaga I, but much more wearable imo (Keep in mind, I'm NW10-15ish, and quite cool). Innocence was also nice, but I don't care for frost, so I passed again. The frost was subtle, but it was still too much for me. Glamourdaze is very pretty, but dupable. Outrageously Fun surprised me - I wasn't even considering it from the swatches I had seen, but I put it on today and it was BEAUTIFUL. It was like a pinker, more wearable Up the Amp. I don't own Playtime, but from what I remember from swatching it years ago, Outrageously Fun is similar, but much more smooth and opaque than I remember Playtime being. Dramatic Encounter is what I wanted YR to be, but the texture was much, much nicer. I ordered Outrageously Fun and Dramatic Encounter, neither of which I had on my original list - they're really gorgeous colors.

Lipgloss: I don't really wear gloss, but I did swatch Flight of Fancy on my lips anyway. It's an amazingly gorgeous color, and much more opaque than the one swatch I found earlier led me to believe. It's a nice, dark gloss, and looks very pretty on pale skintones.

Fluidlines: The 'dazzle pearl' is quite prominent, and the fluidlines were all too glittery for me. Pass.

EDSF: Repromotes, but I skipped them on the first release. I thought I would get Whisper of Gilt, but Superb looked MUCH nicer on my cool-toned skin.

EDES: I really only wear neutrals, so I looked at A Natural Flirt, Round Midnight, and Stolen Moment. I'm sure they are all dupable, but I loved the texture. My SA put A Natural Flirt on my lid and Stolen Midnight in the crease and it was beautiful! Later, I put Round Midnight in my outer crease to darken and it was very pretty as well. Stolen Moment and Round Midnight pair very well together, so I picked those two up. A Natural Flirt just seemed a little too dupable to me to be worth it.

Kohl Power pencils: I preordered Orpheus, and Mystery and Raven are very nice as well, but not colors that flatter me.

Blush: Easy Manner and Small Vanity have a nice texture and are pretty, albeit dupable, colors. I'm The One swatches nicely, but when you try to apply it on anything other than a finger, it applies a bit patchy and is a bit hard to work with. There are lots of similar colors out there, and if you're interested in this color, I would pick up one of those instead.

Polish: I don't usually buy Mac polish, but if I did, I would buy Everything that Glitters! It applies nicely, it's not too sheer (I applied one, but I think two would be opaque), and the gold, purple, and blue microglitter is quite pretty. It looks like OPI Sparkle-icious, but with smaller glitter and in a black base. I have Sparkle-icious, so I passed, but it's a unique color with a good formula.

cucumbers

Here are the blushes... she said she'd be posting the shadows soon too!

I'm really trying to cut my list down since there's so many collections coming out. I'm the one looks close to a Nars blush I can't think of the name right now.
Gaiety, I think! The texture on Gaiety is much nicer than I'm The One, though.

kimibos

cucumbers is a natural flirt really peachy??is innocence lippie a frost that looks like lustre or glaze?? idk if u get the last question but thanks for the review.

cucumbers

cucumbers is a natural flirt really peachy??is innocence lippie a frost that looks like lustre or glaze?? idk if u get the last question but thanks for the review.
A Natural Flirt was a little peachy, but Sweet Heat was more if that makes sense. Innocence is a frost, but it seemed more like a lustre or maybe a cremesheen.

kimibos

A Natural Flirt was a little peachy, but Sweet Heat was more if that makes sense. Innocence is a frost, but it seemed more like a lustre or maybe a cremesheen.
thanks. i asked cause there's a pic some pages back where it looks just whitish. i want innocence more now!!

cucumbers

thanks. i asked cause there's a pic some pages back where it looks just whitish. i want innocence more now!!
It's so pretty!!! I think everyone should get it, even if they don't usually like frosts. Like I said, the frost is subtle, so I wouldn't let it bother you unless you're someone like me who just hates shimmer in lip products.

MacAddictNurse

My list has changed a lot since seeing the swatches I haven't added the eyeshadows because I think I want to see them in person I don't do too much glitter and they look a bit glittery to me so I figure I'll keep them off my list for now.

Lipstick - USD $16.50
Glamourdaze - midtone creamy plum (cremesheen finish)
Dramatic Encounter - deep purple (amplified finish)
Outragously Fun - midtone magenta violet (cremesheen finish)

Fluidline - USD $16.50
Feminine Edge - pink mauve with dazzle pearl

Extra Dimension Skinfinish - USD $29.00
Superb - soft peachy nude (repromote)

rockin

I have Let's Skate. Feminine Edge is VERY different. LS is quite pale and an even color, whereas FE is more colorful (still light) and color shifts between warm and cool pink - what can i say, it's more "dimensional". LS goes on very smoothly, but i found FE was a little patchy. I got it anyway, because its chameleon color is unusual. I swatched it with my finger, and i suspect that it won't be as problematic when applied with a brush.

I'm not sure which Maybelline Color Tattoo you have, maybe Pomegranate Punk. I have both Pomegranate Punk (perm) and Fuchsia Fever (LE). PP is a warmer color, kinda cranberry, with warm (gold?) shimmer, while FF isn't really bright fuchsia, more purple, with cool pink shimmer. And neither one is like LS and FE. So they aren't dupes, or even very close.

The Pink Gold Maybelline Color Tattoo is a new one out here in the UK. I have Pomegranate Punk, and it' s nothing like that. Pink Gold is a light pink colour, a little lighter than Apricot Pink pigment and a little darker than Urban Decay's Wicked cream highlight (but more opaque). It's actually quite similar to the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Forever Pink.

Thank you for the description. I think Feminine Edge will stay on my list.

badassSENORiTA

thank you cucumbers! you just convinced me not to get Beauty lipstick, wonder if I can find a dupe of it
so I can copy the look the model has on the promo but obviously a color that will look good on my skin tone
I liked Beauty but it was too pale on me :/ ay looks like I'll be getting an extra Outrageously Fun lipstick!
OMG I was gonna say she looks so pretty than saw he was a macboy wweeelll he looks beautiful I love the eye look he did I want to try it
I think so too! I want the pigments, lipglass sets and palettes though -_- it's killing me! maybe I'll settle for the pigments since I don't see to use glosses too much

Medgal07

These are all different from the original release. However, some are related to original colors. So i would say it depends on how much you want colors in the same range.

-- Divine Blue (midtone aqua) is unlike any original color.
-- Stylish Merry (midtone dusty violet - but really duotone fuchsia) is unlike any original color.

-- Tall Dark & Handsome (black with pearl) is related to Dark Dare (charcoal black - with silver), but i prefer TDH as the shimmer is more multi-dimensional
-- Evening Grey (steel silver) is related to Warm Thunder (mid-tone silver grey), but a little darker, and possibly not as blue
-- Ready to Party (pale lilac) is cousin to Young Venus (pale white pink), but obviously a little more lilac than pink
-- Round Midnight (dark burgundy) is related to Rich Core (mid tone aubergine) but has a blacker base
-- A Natural Flirt (soft peachy nude) is kin to Sweet Heat (bright peach champagne) but a bit lighter or muter
-- Stolen Moment (dark taupe) is a distant cousin to Modern pewter (mid-tone olive gold), but browner / tauper

Of the originals, those quite unlike any of the new release are:
-- Blue Orbit (light iridescent purple - more periwinkle with purple duotone)
-- Grand Galaxy (mid-tone violet)
-- Lunar (royal blue)
-- Havana (mid tone copper brown)
Excellent comparative analysis. Really helped me sort out what I have relative to the new shade offerings. Thank you so much for taking the time to lay it all out and for sharing.
bouquet.gif

StarrySim

All of these swatches lately have turned most of my "maybe" items into "must-haves"
sweatdrop.gif
Hmmm, I'm the opposite. I've scratched off my list all the lipsticks, glosses, and blushes. I will give the Fluidlines and EDES a chance, and maybe get just one or two. And possibly one of the EDSF. I think that's it, just one or two items most likely. Not too bad.

Jenrbelt

I haven't had enough time to digest all the info about all the upcoming collections, but my thoughts were that I wanted the purpley eds and purpley lippies, but with so many purples being released in upcoming collections I don't know anymore. The one thing I am certain of is that I want at least one quad because the compacts are so darn cute! I have my eye on the greenish quad and the orangish quad. So I am certain about getting at least one quad and some of the more unique fluidlines, but the rest is all up in the air for me!

ChosenOne

Hmmm, I'm the opposite. I've scratched off my list all the lipsticks, glosses, and blushes. I will give the Fluidlines and EDES a chance, and maybe get just one or two. And possibly one of the EDSF. I think that's it, just one or two items most likely. Not too bad.
Really? How come? Are they just not your kinds of colors, or do you think they're very dupe-able?

princess sarah

I follow her too on Instagram and her photos have been great to get my list sorted.

I was originally considering 1 of these 3 and they look super pigmented but they arent jumping out at me really, easy manner is probably the one I would consider the most, but I have enough blushes for the time being i think..
Here are the blushes... she said she'd be posting the shadows soon too!

I'm really trying to cut my list down since there's so many collections coming out. I'm the one looks close to a Nars blush I can't think of the name right now.

Michelemu21

Here are the blushes... she said she'd be posting the shadows soon too! I'm really trying to cut my list down since there's so many collections coming out. I'm the one looks close to a Nars blush I can't think of the name right now.
Here are the blushes... she said she'd be posting the shadows soon too! I'm really trying to cut my list down since there's so many collections coming out. I'm the one looks close to a Nars blush I can't think of the name right now.
Is it Desire?