MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

lsdptl

i still dont know what i want
th_dunno.gif
I know! It is so hard decide. The only thing I know for sure is I want Whisper of Guilt or Superb since I missed out the first time around. I am trying to figure out if I need both, lol

kimibos

I know! It is so hard decide. The only thing I know for sure is I want Whisper of Guilt or Superb since I missed out the first time around. I am trying to figure out if I need both, lol
at first i wanted everything but with all the upcoming collections i just dont feel this collection anymore....

Naughtyp

all the talk about All that Glitters made me want to get, but I got Black Knight by Butter London instead since it comes with .4 oz for $14 versus .37 oz for $ 17.50 from MAC. I did add Innocence to my preorder and preordered the travel bag from the MAC store... after this I think I'm going to chill out a lil bit and not buy so much.... until TT comes out then it starts all over lol I need to go back to buying just one or two items, I'm going to be hating life soon when I get the bills lol

badassSENORiTA

I also saw somewhere that it's $40. "Elusive" is an understatement. My local MAC store only got 6 so, if you want it, you should pre-order it.
ahh I want is so much but don't know if I'm willing to pay $40 although I love lace & leopard -_- maybe I'll cave in and buy online if it's available

valkolak

I just pulled out Superb EDSF and the word "mineralize" doesn't appear anywhere on the packaging. A quick glance at the list of ingredients shows it contains mica, which I think is a mineral. Looking at my MSF's, they all list either talc or talc and mica as the first ingredients. So it would seem EDSF contains a mineral but isn't a mineralize product according to MAC? Hmmm....maybe one of the resident experts here on Specktra can weigh in on this. Hope that helps a little.
The msfs also have isopropyl palmitate in them, which is supposedly extremely comedogenic. Of course it seems like there's no consensus among studies done on comedogenicity but still...some estheticians rec avoiding it. Idk if that could be part of the problem.

valkolak

Hmmm...I think I want beauty lipstick but I finally bought Hue the other day so I want to see how they compare. I'll probably end up passing though.

kimibos

hey i love the new thing in the top right with the pictures in the thread, really cool to find pics of swatches instead of going back! thanks specktra.

Jenrbelt

Never having bought from a Mac holiday collection before, I was wondering if the sets or the color collection sells out first...or if one is more likely to be restocked. Unless it was just my timing last year, I felt like the glitter and ice sets either were restocked or hung around for a while. Trying to plan out my purchase strategy since I won't be able to purchase everything I want in one fell swoop!

BriarRose

Never having bought from a Mac holiday collection before, I was wondering if the sets or the color collection sells out first...or if one is more likely to be restocked. Unless it was just my timing last year, I felt like the glitter and ice sets either were restocked or hung around for a while. Trying to plan out my purchase strategy since I won't be able to purchase everything I want in one fell swoop!
I can only speak to my experience last year. I don't have a store, but a counter at Macy's. A couple things sold out here and there from the color collection first. Most of it hung around quite awhile, except for the beauty powders (they sold out the first day). They still had all the lipgloss sets, lip bags, eye bags, crushed pigments, etc. as of Christmas Eve, and then they were removed from that store a few days after Christmas.

I did call a Nordstrom's about their exclusive face kit the day after Christmas, and it was gone by then. I would assume any store exclusives would be the first to go in terms of the sets.

kimibos

i wonder if innocence is similar to cut a caper or razzledazzler??? or in the same family. so far im down to 2-3 lippies. but now i want 2 lipglasses.

Naughtyp

I hope it (Innocence) is close to Razzle-dazzler becuz I hella wanted Razzle-dazzler but wasn't able to get it

ChosenOne

Not sure if it's the same everywhere, but speaking from personal experience, I'd say that the color collection tends to sell out first (with a few leftovers, of course...not everything is a big seller!). Many of the sets end up in a CCO the following year. That being said though, certain sets will sell out quicker than others. The neutral sets of lip glosses and eyeshadows sold out first at my counter last year, so if you've got your eye on any neutral sets, those might be worth grabbing.

ladyarwen

I doubt I'm getting anything, but I'll make a wish list just because.
Innocence l/s
Glamour Daze l/s
Outrageously Fun l/s
Dramatic Encounter l/s
Talk Softly to Me l/g
Flight of Fancy l/g
I'm The One blush
Easy Manner blush
Small Vanity blush

I refuse to pay $19.50 for a regular sized eyeshadow, so those are staying off my list even if I did have the money for makeup right now.

singer82

Slowly trying to cut my list since so many awesome collections are coming out in Dec\Jan plus sephora f&f! I've been working like crazy lately so hopefully I finally get my bills caught up by Dec. -Decided to eliminate Raven. My eyes already get pretty red so I prob need to stay away from any type of red around my eyes. -Trying to only decide on two of the shadows. Only one I know for sure is Ready to Party.

Audrey C

These are all different from the original release. However, some are related to original colors. So i would say it depends on how much you want colors in the same range.

-- Divine Blue (midtone aqua) is unlike any original color.
-- Stylish Merry (midtone dusty violet - but really duotone fuchsia) is unlike any original color.

-- Tall Dark & Handsome (black with pearl) is related to Dark Dare (charcoal black - with silver), but i prefer TDH as the shimmer is more multi-dimensional
-- Evening Grey (steel silver) is related to Warm Thunder (mid-tone silver grey), but a little darker, and possibly not as blue
-- Ready to Party (pale lilac) is cousin to Young Venus (pale white pink), but obviously a little more lilac than pink
-- Round Midnight (dark burgundy) is related to Rich Core (mid tone aubergine) but has a blacker base
-- A Natural Flirt (soft peachy nude) is kin to Sweet Heat (bright peach champagne) but a bit lighter or muter
-- Stolen Moment (dark taupe) is a distant cousin to Modern pewter (mid-tone olive gold), but browner / tauper

Of the originals, those quite unlike any of the new release are:
-- Blue Orbit (light iridescent purple - more periwinkle with purple duotone)
-- Grand Galaxy (mid-tone violet)
-- Lunar (royal blue)
-- Havana (mid tone copper brown)
This collection is officially a skip for me - I have the EDES shades I was interested in and can still get the other 'originals' from MAC if I wanted them. Thanks, Liba!

PeachTwist

This collection is officially a skip for me - I have the EDES shades I was interested in and can still get the other 'originals' from MAC if I wanted them. Thanks, Liba!
Very lucky!

I only want 1 possibly 3 items max and I'll be done with it. I love small hauls like this, because although it's great to get a ton of things - I can't afford it. Lol.

Latest posts