MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

MACina

th_worship.gif
......I can not wait to get my goodies either!!!
Thanks I can't wait to take them home. It's prettier in person

Jenrbelt

Off topic! Yesterday I went into Mac to see the book. While I was there, I inquired about some foundation and concealer. This was not the usual counter that I visit so I wasn't sure what to make of my experience, so I am asking my beloved Specktrettes for some feedback! I haven't used Mac foundation in years and have been using either MUFE HD or Revlon Colorstay. Based off the consistency of these foundations, I thought I might like the Studio Fix Fluid (not sure of Mac's exact names). The SA told me that she thought I would like the MAC Beauty Balm better than the Studio Fix. I told her that I have some Beauty Balms and wasn't interested in another. i even have one that I ordered from Korea...SuperBB. She still put the balm on one side of my face and put a really thick Studiofix Creme on the otherside...this Creme came in a compact. I decided that I liked neither so I didn't buy either of them. When it came to concealer, I told her that I use Laura Mercier undercover concealer (which I love) and that I like a concealer to be really creamy (going to be 39 this year so I need lightening qualities and filler qualities for my wrinkles). After playing around on my own with some of the concealers, I thought the concealer in the pump was a good texture. I think it was a Studiofix concealer...one of them in the jars was too putty like for me. She again said that she uses the Moisturecover concealer and recommended that. She put it on me with yet another concealer that was in a tube with a brush on the end. I bought the Moisturecover but now I think it is too light in consistency for my needs. I wanted creamy. I feel like this SA didn't really listen to my concerns and just wanted to sell me what she liked. So I am left a bit confused as to whether the SA actually thought she was selling me a product based upon my needs, or just selling me what she loved...also I was told that I am NC20 and I was told by another SA that I was NW25. Now I know my skin is lighter now than in the summer, but how does one's skintone change? Or does that just mean I am neutral since I can wear both? I am confused! Sorry I posted here, but couldn't find a thread and was worried with all the new collections no one would see this!

bulbasaur359

I am confused! Sorry I posted here, but couldn't find a thread and was worried with all the new collections no one would see this!
That just bites. I'm thinking of getting matched for foundation on payday and hope I don't run into problems. When you were told you were a NW25 was that for foundation? I have heard people here mention that with concealer it can be the opposite when it comes to cool vs warm. If I'm wrong I'm sorry lol.

OctoberViolet

Thank you Mel890! I'm really loving all the lippies. I am still getting Beauty, not sure about the others due to the other collections coming out. My brain hurts trying to figure everything out.
th_wallbash.gif

Thanks I can't wait to take them home. It's prettier in person

Pinkdollface

I am confused! Sorry I posted here, but couldn't find a thread and was worried with all the new collections no one would see this!
Honestly I think a lot of MUA's are very bad at colour matching. They almost always match me to NW20 and that is clearly way to dark and pink for me. Just ask for samples and try them at home so you can see which colour works the best. I've always looked for reviews if I'm looking for a new foundation and based on those I make my choice, so I don't really have experience with a MUA pushing me to buy a specific foundation. I only have one experience and that was my first time buying a Mac foundation. I was thinking I would like Studio Sculpt, but I wasn't sure that it would work very well with oily skin. The MUA recommended Studio Fix Fluid, because it also had good coverage, but was better for oily skin. I think he was right about that, because I got a Studio Sculpt sample later and didn't like it as much as the Studio Fix Fluid. Only he matched me to the wrong colour of course...
Ow and when I went in and knew for sure which foundation or concealer I wanted they never told me that I shouldn't get it.

Jenrbelt

That just bites. I'm thinking of getting matched for foundation on payday and hope I don't run into problems. When you were told you were a NW25 was that for foundation? I have heard people here mention that with concealer it can be the opposite when it comes to cool vs warm. If I'm wrong I'm sorry lol. 
Yes it was for foundation both times. Around Styleseeker release I was told NW25. Yesterday I was told NC20. The concealer I ended up with is NW20.

CharlieKelly

Sorry, I am new too and don't know how to post all the pics at the same time!

Is the pink swatch next to the plum/purple swatch a lipstick???
sigh.gif

HoneyMilk

I was color matched to nw15-20... Tried that out for a few weeks but def not nw! I'm nc15 but really just more neutral. No one could agree on my coloring.

CharlieKelly

That's happened to me a few times. The first couple of times I left the counter (both MAC and Sephora) with items that did not make me happy and ended up returning. Now, I try them but at least can say "No thank you. I prefer this ___." So sorry this happen to you.

bulbasaur359

Sounds like buying foundation is a pita. No wonder I don't have any real foundation lol. How do you get the sa's to give you samples without seeming like a freeloader?

Pinkdollface

Sounds like buying foundation is a pita. No wonder I don't have any real foundation lol. How do you get the sa's to give you samples without seeming like a freeloader?
If they know you and you spend money there before they will do it. And if you are going to buy something else and after that ask for it I think they will as well. Or maybe explain to them what you are afraid of, that you won't like the formula when you wear it for a longer peroid of time or that you think the colour might be off in different lightning.

ladyarwen

Oooo, love the swatches of those lippies! Dramatic Encounter looks like it could be very similiar to Prince Noir in color. We'll see how the difference in finish affects the way they look.