MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

mallory1712

the msf natural breaks me out but not the regular ones. i use my msf's and edsf's as eyeshadows and highlighters.

REALLY? The msf natural is the only one I tried and immediately I had tiny bumps all over my face! Well you just gave me some hope!

Jenrbelt

Not sure if it's the same everywhere, but speaking from personal experience, I'd say that the color collection tends to sell out first (with a few leftovers, of course...not everything is a big seller!).  Many of the sets end up in a CCO the following year.  That being said though, certain sets will sell out quicker than others.  The neutral sets of lip glosses and eyeshadows sold out first at my counter last year, so if you've got your eye on any neutral sets, those might be worth grabbing. 
I can only speak to my experience last year. I don't have a store, but a counter at Macy's. A couple things sold out here and there from the color collection first. Most of it hung around quite awhile, except for the beauty powders (they sold out the first day). They still had all the lipgloss sets, lip bags, eye bags, crushed pigments, etc. as of Christmas Eve, and then they were removed from that store a few days after Christmas. I did call a Nordstrom's about their exclusive face kit the day after Christmas, and it was gone by then. I would assume any store exclusives would be the first to go in terms of the sets.
Thank you for your thoughtful responses! I am thinking round one should be beauty powders, unique eyeshadows and the compacts. Not sure why I haven't heard much love for the shadow compacts...is it because the shadows are repeats, they are too expensive, or they are too bulky??? Curious as to why not many have been interested in these. I don't have a lot of MAC permanent shadows so at $40 for five, I feel like these are a good buy plus uber cute packaging! I think I am settled on round one being Superb, Dramatic Encounter, Flight of Fancy, Round Midnight and a shadow compact (not sure which one yet), and maybe the pink Fluidline. I think A Natural Flirt, Tall Dark &Handsome, and Stolen Moment will hang around for at least another week...I know many ladies are loving TD&H but I am basing this on Dark Dare still being available on Mac's website. I am hoping the brush bags will hang around a bit, too. And if they are still available, I might grab another eyeshadow compact. Well that's my plan for now...usually all hell breaks loose once I am in store with the products in front of me! :shock:

kimbunney

My list is so small now. I just want Outrageously Fun lipstick, all three blushes, and Talk Softly to me lipglass. My wallet is loving this. I did want Beauty but someone said it was similar to Fun Finds so I can pass on that.

ChosenOne

Well that's my plan for now...usually all hell breaks loose once I am in store with the products in front of me!
icon_eek.gif
Totally forgot about the brush sets. They're usually one of the first things to sell out at my counter. The mineral brush set tends to hang around for the longest, but the classic and advanced set have sold out in the first week or two in the past. Might not be like that everywhere, but the brush sets are always popular, so be prepared for that!

Icecaramellatte

Here's my list for collection. I still don't have a list for the sets yet.
HOLIDAY FABULOUSNESS

My local MAC shop had already sold out of one thing from the Holiday Fabulousness collection - the hanging travel bag!

GLAMOUR DAZE
Lipglasses
-- Deliciously Demure (soft cool brown with pearl) was quite nice, i like cool browns. But it reminded me of Soft Sable lipstick from Glitter and Ice last year, which i got, so another skip. Possibly skipping but I'm leaving it on my list for now.

Lipstick
-- Glamourdaze (midtone creamy plum) was a little sheer and a little brownish. I liked the color, but just didn't HAVE to have it.

Kohl Power eye pencils
-- Mystery (intense black with green pearl) it looks very green in the pencil - i swiped it on my hand and it looked mostly black - but when i got under some bright light, it gleamed very cool green - it was beautiful... but i skipped it - i may regret this later...
-- Orpheus (intense black with gold pearl) this looked very gold and not very black - i got it.
-- Raven (intense black with red pearl) this looked a very dark warm red and not very black - i got it.
I own all 3 of these and getting all as backups. I love all 3 of these colors. So it will be nice to have backups.

Fluidlines
-- Feminine Edge (pink mauve with dazzle pearl) was really amazing. Somehow it was both cool pink and warm pink at the same time, with iridescence and silver glitter. It went on a bit unevenly, but i could not resist its color-changing nature, so i got one.
-- Catch My Eye (cool taupe grey with dazzle pearl) interesting chameleon - both cool grey and warm taupe at the same time, with silver glitter. I loved it but decided to pass.
-- Little Black Bow (charcoal with dazzle pearl) reminded me of some UD eyeshadows - shimmery charcoal with silver glitter. Not for me.

Nail Lacquers
-- Everything That Glitters - From the photos i thought this was plum with glitter - looked interesting, on my wishlist. Well, i was WRONG. It is black with multi-glitter. OMG! As with so many MAC nail polishes, the black is a little sheer, but that works really well this time, because it shows off the shimmer beautifully. The micro-glitter is silver, turquoise, and fuchsia. I HAD TO HAVE IT!
I may skip this as I have Butter London Black Knight if they really are the same.
Extra Dimension Eyeshadows
-- Divine Blue (midtone aqua) leans a little green, but definitely straddles the line between blue and green. I don't wear true blues or true greens, but i love these in-between colors - i got one
-- Evening Grey (steel silver) pass for me
-- Round Midnight (dark burgundy) was on my Team Purple wishlist, but it was too dark for me, so i passed
-- Stylish Merry (midtone dusty violet) This description is SO NOT what it really is. This is a muted yet still bright fuchsia with a blue duotone - just GORGEOUS! I don't wear this color on my lips or cheeks, but my eyes can. I got one
-- Ready to Party (pale lilac) my shop didn't get any(!!!), so i don't really know what it looks like - i ordered one, anyway.
-- A Natural Flirt (soft peachy nude) somehow warm and cool, although leans warm - with AMAZING iridescence - i got one
-- Stolen Moment (dark taupe) For you taupe-ophiles, this is a keeper. It is both cool and warm, with a beautiful shimmer - i passed because i got the slightly greener-golder Modern Pewter the first time EDs came out, but i'll probably regret it.
-- Tall Dark and Handsome (black with pearl) is so much nicer than it sounds, because the shimmer has some dimensional color to it, it isn't just silver. If it was just silver, i would have passed, but the hint of multi-color shimmer got me, so i got one.
Still unsure which ones I want but these are in the lead
Thanks for reviewing these. I've had such a hard time making a list and this post helps. Do we know yet if the hanging bag will be available online? Is it a Mac store exclusive?

I wanted to get the EDSFs as backups but I think I need to limit my purchases as so many collections are coming up. I decided to stick with the pencils as backups since I know pencils are easy to use up.

duckrodeo

I placed a pre-order at my MAC store yesterday afternoon! Innocence lipstick Outrageously Fun lipstick Glamourdaze lipstick I'm the One blush Feminine Edge fluidline I'll probably get BUs of OF and Innocence online with the vanity bag. My store said they got small quantities of some items, namely fluidlines and lipsticks. Not as small as MM stock, but I just pre-ordered one of each item because of the small quantities! Their preview party is November 7, with a focus on the lipglass and pigment sets, so I wonder how much Glamourdaze stock they'll have left! I've got an appointment Oct 26 to play around with the kohl pencils and eyeshadow sets. Also gives me time to decide on the lipglasses, too. I really wanted Easy Manner but I have soooo many peach blushes, I forced myself to skip it. I may give in and order it online, though :)

mel890

I also use one of the pics as my avatar because I didn't know how to post the pictures, sorry in advance for the picture quality, warning it's not best.

Latest posts