MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

PrettyKitty

I ordered early Tuesday and still have not received a package. I did get a shipping notice this morning saying that my order shipped today and that I should get by tomorrow via FedEx. This is not usually the case when I order on Tuesdays - I always get my orders by Thursday. Sometimes even Wednesday if I've ordered early enough.
At least you got a shipping notice!!

pocketmouse

I thought I'd be able to resist Outrageously Fun because I have Quick Sizzle and Pink Pigeon and they're pretty much perfect pinks, but the blue tinge and cremesheen formula sold me and I ended up picking it up today at my local counter, it's was just way too cute to pass up. I was kinda surprised they were already sold out of Feminine Edge, I'm going to go pick it up from a different counter in a little while here, in spite of the not so great reviews it's gotten. I'm really hoping it looks okay on me, and not like glittery pink eye, as it was the item I was most excited for in this collection, but now I'm not so sure. Catch My Eye has caught my eye as well (har har) I was staring at the swatches on my hand when it donned on me that it's kinda like a lighter/glitter-y fluidline version of Hocus Pocus which is pretty much my favorite eyeshadow to line my eyes with, so maybe I'll pick that up too. I'm trying to pass on the EDES, even though I kinda love Ready to Party, they're just so small for almost $20, I feel like I'd use it up rather quickly. I do love how it leans between lavender/light pink depending on the light, and the EDES formula is very soft and lovely, I totally regret passing on them last time but I was broke from all the other collections that were coming out then (first world problems).

kimibos

I hope you like them, on me the blue one was pretty un-blue, but I have black lashes and that might be the reason. I'd love a bright blue mascara.
i have black lashes too. but maybe we can use a primer like the ones that come with the drugstore's mascaras.

kimibos

I thought I'd be able to resist Outrageously Fun because I have Quick Sizzle and Pink Pigeon and they're pretty much perfect pinks, but the blue tinge and cremesheen formula sold me and I ended up picking it up today at my local counter, it's was just way too cute to pass up. I was kinda surprised they were already sold out of Feminine Edge, I'm going to go pick it up from a different counter in a little while here, in spite of the not so great reviews it's gotten. I'm really hoping it looks okay on me, and not like glittery pink eye, as it was the item I was most excited for in this collection, but now I'm not so sure. Catch My Eye has caught my eye as well (har har) I was staring at the swatches on my hand when it donned on me that it's kinda like a lighter/glitter-y fluidline version of Hocus Pocus which is pretty much my favorite eyeshadow to line my eyes with, so maybe I'll pick that up too. I'm trying to pass on the EDES, even though I kinda love Ready to Party, they're just so small for almost $20, I feel like I'd use it up rather quickly. I do love how it leans between lavender/light pink depending on the light, and the EDES formula is very soft and lovely, I totally regret passing on them last time but I was broke from all the other collections that were coming out then (first world problems).
im glad that it wasnt sold out and you got it. its really different from all the other pinks i have.

Medgal07

I'm going to try and resist it! I know that I don't need it. We'll see how that goes.
Wow, how stressful! I'm happy that it all worked out in the end. It's odd that the order wasn't there, though!
Check out my EDIT to the original. Even better result!
clap.gif

pocketmouse

im glad that it wasnt sold out and you got it. its really different from all the other pinks i have.
Thanks, I'm glad too. I just tried it on and I really like it, I was really surprised/happy when it was Feminine Edge they were out of instead of OF because I knew I'd still be able to find that somewhere or order it online, I'm sure OF will be one of the first lipsticks to sell out in stores/counters.

hwdsprincess

[COLOR=9900CC]You hae both? I haven't seen them swatched together, but it seems like Stay Pretty might be a softer shade? I could be wrong, haha. Go with whichever suits you better! Or keep both. Haha. I'm no help at all! [/COLOR] [COLOR=9900CC]Have you tried warming it up with a liner or gloss? If it still doesn't work out, I'm sure you won't have a difficult time swapping it. [/COLOR]
Lol you aren't help!! I went ahead and returned it : ) I'm so proud of me I liked stay pretty better so I'm like rollover to the next collection And the lipstick was a big no go for me so I switched it for the last glamourdaze, she was even like are you sure you want to return because both beauty and I'm the one are sold out, lol im like I'm sure holding the items to my heart... But I felt better after I asked for glamourdaze.

AniBEE

Got a shipping notice from FedEx (they upgraded shipping booyah!). My MAC order will arrive tomorrow!!!

The site hasn't updated my order though. I'll probably get a notification that it has ship tomorrow from MAC.
rofl.gif

UrbanSweetheart

I picked up everything today. For anyone still wondering about Small vanity... Get it! It doesnt swatch as strong as it looks in pictures. It's actually pretty soft and buildable. The only thing im really REALLY disappointed on is innocence. The finish of this is terrible. It's a frost but not ANGEL type of frost. The frost is not flattering and there's glitter. The glitter makes the application uneven and if you dry lips... It's horrid. I always have dry lips! -__- I BU'ed natural Flirt. That one is a gem! It's really lovely. A lot better in person. Same goes for Stolen Moment and Round Midnight. :)
EDIT: OHHH yeah! FE fluidline was also GORGOUS. I expected a sheer mess. It was sooo pretty. It will look amazing with Natural Flirt! I freakin love it! One of my favorites from this collection :)) along with the 3 EDES I mentioned.
oh no! don't say that! I ordered Innocence the day this collection released on Nordies.... :(((((

Lipstickdiva420

So I'm looking for Impossibly sweet and I called the macys near me because I know nobody doesn't go to that one lol and the girl said there is only 2 left so hopefully I can get it tomorrow
001_unsure.gif

bis

Keeping my fibers crossed for you :) I used the Dior primer underneath and it was better, but still not the bright blue I was hoping for.

kimibos

oh no! don't say that! I ordered Innocence the day this collection released on Nordies.... :(((((
i like innocence. but i have to admit i have become a lipbalm whore. baby lips, eos, jack black, carmex, tendertones, so my lips are really moist and a perfect canvas. i was fed up with dry lips and decided to hunt down my holy grail lip balm: jack black.

paisley have you tried jack black???

UrbanSweetheart

So I'm looking for Impossibly sweet and I called the macys near me because I know nobody doesn't go to that one lol and the girl said there is only 2 left so hopefully I can get it tomorrow
001_unsure.gif
good luck!! it's way prettier than I initially thought, so I'm no longer surprised it's selling out everywhere

nikou

I'm waiting for FL swatches on the eyes.
greengrin.gif

The FL look gorgeous in the pots but I cannot imagine sheer pink eyeliner or sparkly black.

UrbanSweetheart

i like innocence. but i have to admit i have become a lipbalm whore. baby lips, eos, jack black, carmex, tendertones, so my lips are really moist and a perfect canvas. i was fed up with dry lips and decided to hunt down my holy grail lip balm: jack black.

I'm a bit of a lipbalm whore myself
sneaky.gif
so maybe Innocence & I will be fine
greengrin.gif

Paisly

thanks i dont know how i missed when you posted this. omg i have enough with mac.

Girl, you just gave me hope! lol. Now i'm gonna keep it and see if i can fix the problem of my dry lips. My lips are always so dry. I have tried everything, except Jack Black! It's amazing? I'll pick it up from Ulta tomorrow! I drink enough water and I use the Bliss exfoliator. I use to use any ol' lipbalm. Recently, i've started to use argan oil because nothing was working. Even flatout oil doesnt work.
th_crazy2.gif
Doesn't help that iIhave a hard time breathing through my nose since I have a deviated spectrum. -__- So it's dry lips x2
Can't wait to try it! Thank you!