MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

xasperadastra

Am I the only one who is confused? T says the smoky palette is the worst, but in other reviews I read it was the best out of the 3 :s

Now I don't know if I should get the neutral or the smoky palette :s

Edit: oké just realised she thinks the neutral one is even worse :p

Are they really that bad? I loved the smoky palette in other swatches
yep, I have the same problem, I can't understand which one is the best, the worst, if are all terrible... I like the packaging and I'm trying to figure out which one I'd use the most! I guess the purple one is the best overall but I have a lot of purple stuff...

Supercoolstephy

yep, I have the same problem, I can't understand which one is the best, the worst, if are all terrible... I like the packaging and I'm trying to figure out which one I'd use the most! I guess the purple one is the best overall but I have a lot of purple stuff...
I got the purple and I like it a lot. My girl put it on me lay night and I'd a nice day to night smokey eye look on it. I'm gonna try it on Sunday night.

kimibos

Belk may be a little slow to ship, but they are reliable from my experience with them and they pack stuff so it doesn't break. TBH, best careful packaging of fragile makeup I have seen from ANY retailer. I am going to stick to them for all of my orders not directly from MAC from now and on. No kidding. I was impressed and they used the regular post office, so no hassles like I get with UPS.
I don't find it that bad. T needs to clean a brush once in a while and maybe her e/s wouldn't be "so hard to work with". They don't apply themselves. Its a matte, not a VP.
I can tell I am going to cave and get the pink brushes. Its fated.
the worst thing is that she has to use an eyeshadow primer. why would you ever wear eyeshadow with out a primer?. i understand not wearing one when you swatch them on your arm. i use one with all my eyeshadows nars, mac, thebalm. saying that they are bad cause i have to use a primer is idiotic.

Medgal07

Lol, no problem! Question: Are they pulling your missing items from another Nordstrom store or are they just shipping from Nordstrom online? If it's from another store, you may want to call that store directly o make sure they've actually set those items aside for you to ship.

I'm also glad you were able to get your preorder sorted Medgal. I was telling hwdsprincess that I don't understand how they're taking these preorders and then misplacing them.
My saga did have a very happy ending. My Angel of MAC SA had actually hidden my stuff 'too well,' and actually came into work on her day off (her schedule was changed, last minute) just to address my order. Sadly, she informed me that she may be moving to Towson, MD and working at Nordies there. After I had a full-blown tantrum, she assured me that she would continue to take my pre-orders, even though she's in a different state. I told her I knew of a MAC enthusiast, (cough, ADDICT) in the region that she would love. I had you in mind Cartoon Chic.
mac_addict.gif
heart.gif

PrettyKitty

Holy mama, I thought Deeply Adored was dark on me, it's nothing compared to Dramatic Encounter. It's very beautiful, but there's no way I could wear it at the office like I do with DA. We are not too far away from black lipstick. lol

Medgal07

How do you like the Hanging Travel Bag? I got mine today and it's my favorite item in the entire collection. It is perfect for the function for which I intend to use it, and the plastic housing was an extremely pragmatic choice. One can readily wipe product off of it...and we all know the inevitability of getting makeup on something like this. It's a TRAVEL BAG right? If that's what you want and expect you'll love it. If you want a Prada or Louis Vuitton tote you'll be sorely disappointed. I HAPPEN TO LOVE IT!
Here is my Glamour Daze haul! I picked up the Hanging Traveling Bag, Glamourdaze, Outrageously Fun, Whisper of Guilt, Small Vanity and Easy Manner.

I originally only wanted the two blushes...then I got the skin finish, and after seeing Temptalia's swatch of Glamourdaze I added that to my list. THEN, at MAC I bought the 130 brush and Outrageously Fun on impulse. Ughh, a $40 dollar collection quickly turned into a $200 dollar one.

mousygiggles

The funny thing is that now that I've seen pictures and swatches of the fabulousness sets from Temptalia I want one of those cute palettes*___* but I can't understand if they are good or bad... every blogger says something different and I can't swatch them in store (too far from here)... I want one, but I'm undecided ^^
THEY DO NOT SUCK!!! Last years sucked, this years are pretty darn nice to me as far as texture. They do have one less shadow but big whoop. I would rather have quality over quantity.

Medgal07

Went by the store really quick after work. I ended up with Everything that Glitters n/p and Glamourdaze lipstick. I immediately swatched Glamourdaze next to One of a Kind because I had a feeling they were identical sisters but they turned out to be just sisters because Glamourdaze is pinker. With a dusty pink liner it will bring out the pink so I'm happy with it. Everything that Glitters is just so pretty I couldn't pass it up but it hurt paying full price for a nailpolish. Only for MAC. I would also like the In the Limelight but I can wait on that.

Tomorrow my blushes come in the mail! I can't wait to try them on. My OF lippie doesn't come until next week :(
I ended up with Everything That Glitters too. I think it will be great for the holidays, etc. It also sort of helps that we can B2M it!

xasperadastra

Did anyone bought the warm eyeshadow palette? any thoughts on it? I'm trying to decide if I should take the warm one or the smoky one..

mousygiggles

The only think I agree with her on is that this Satin Taupe is way way different than the perm one which is fine by me. I will get more of these for gifts too.

Medgal07

I always think you should test something out for yourself first before giving up on it completely. I've complained about the way Feminine Edge applies. I find it clumpy and uneven. BUT, I'm still keeping it because I really like the color. I'm going to figure out how to make it work for me. I don't wear Fluidlines as a base over my lid and I'm not sure I'll attempt to wear it on my lower lash line either. This is a color I never intended to wear often like most of my other Fluidlines, so I'm fine with only pulling it out once in a while.
choochoo.gif

CartoonChic I'm on your train with this one. I tried to cancel Feminine Edge but my Nordies 'Angel of MAC' convinced me otherwise. She suggested first applying a thin layer, allowing it to dry and then apply a second coat. The color is just so pretty that I can live with doing that, if it works. We'll see.

Medgal07

You just look pretty in everything!!!
2cents.gif

NC20 here.. DE is really pretty.. Its more of a wine color. Here it is on my lip paired with Vino lip liner and clear gloss in the center. Applied with a brush to sheer it out in the center of the lip. Note that it does look darker in person. i cant get it to photograph darker! I also had a little bleeding issues but I had lotion applied all over my face (already took off my makeup) so thats probably why.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
THEY DO NOT SUCK!!! Last years sucked, this years are pretty darn nice to me as far as texture. They do have one less shadow but big whoop. I would rather have quality over quantity.
The warm one from last year is the only holiday palette I ever bought and I like it a lot. (except that very shimmery white shade, I don't have much use for that) But I regret not getting the Reelers&Rockers and also Dashing Lassies (or whatever the name of the neutral one was) from Tartan Tale. I really wanted those, but decided to skip eventually. In hindsight those seem better than this and last year's palettes.

Medgal07

Did anyone bought the warm eyeshadow palette? any thoughts on it? I'm trying to decide if I should take the warm one or the smoky one..
I wanted the Neutral palette but was inadvertently given the Warm palette and it has grown on me. I actually like it & plan to keep it. I guess it depends on which you think you'll use the most?

Latest posts