MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

Rinstar

Does anyone have a clue as to how you would go about doing your nails like the promo pic? Obviously, freehand would be one answer, but I've been trying to think of a trick for it and can't.

PRESIDENTslim

th_happy1.gif
Photo Op
th_happy1.gif

The first photo- Blush at the top is Easy Manner, Blush at the bottom is Pink Tea
The second photo- First swatch Easy Manner, Second swatch Pink Tea

Pink tea was the only think in my "stash" (nd i use that word loosely!) that was similar, just a little pink-er!

PRESIDENTslim

th_happy1.gif
Photo Op
th_happy1.gif

These photos do these fluidlines NO JUSTICE! I love them. I just see them as "Multi-Purpose"
Left- Little Black Bow
Right- Feminine Edge

sherm

Checked this out today! I ended up with the Luxurious Pink lip bag as expected, and surprisingly Glamour Daze l/s! I swatched most of the other things I was iffy on and confirmed my decisions to skip. I have enough similar toned lipppies that I didn't need Outrageously Fun, felt the EDSF were too shimmery/glittery for me, didn't love the colors of the kohl powers, decided to experiment with layering current blushes instead of buying new ones. Glamour Daze I decided I needed because it's a lovely natural shade that's slightly deeper and warmer than my lip tone. Good fall color! I am dying over the cremesheen glass in the lip bag. I want a BU of it, but don't need a whole second bag!

ForeverJenn

So I went to my local MAC store after work to check out the rest of the collection! I swatched items and compared them to other perm. items

From the color collection, I ended up liking innocence, glamour daze and easy manner.

Here's the thing, it's not that I like being followed around & being asked "if i need help" every 3 mins, but some type of acknowledgment would have been nice.

I was in there for like half n hour and received no type of acknowledgment. The MUA's were too busy walking past me so they could go fix their hair & own makeup at the mirror.

Hello I'm standing right by the display, obviously needing assistance!

I walked out and didn't buy
censored.gif

MAC m.u.a's are so stuck up and have the worse customer service!!

I'll just stick to my online shopping, thank you very F***ing much!!!
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

PRESIDENTslim

th_happy1.gif
Photo Op
th_happy1.gif

Left Photo- Nars Angelika, I'm the One (center), Peony Petal, Whole Lotta Love (bottom)
Right Photo- (L2R) I'm the One, Peony Petal, Angelika, Whole Lotta Love

**My
2cents.gif
2cents.gif
... I'm the One and Peony Petal are pretty much brothers from anotha' mother. I honestly feel like if I would have seen them swatched side by side, I would not have purchased I'm the one. HOWEVER as a blush hoarder I will equally love them both.
heart.gif
I do not discriminate on blushes
heart.gif

KelseeBrianaJai

I called my MAC store and Nordstrom counter. I'm picking up my Outrageously Fun BU from MAC. I'll get Round Midnight and my Whisper of Guilt BU from Nordstrom. I don't know why Outrageously Fun was canceled from my original Nordstrom order because they had some still in stock. The SA said she just sold the last one right before I called. I wished I asked about it when I picked up my stuff last night, but I was in hurry. Now I have to go back again. I'm surprised that MAC still has a decent quantity left and the MUA said they still have a few Glamourdaze lipsticks, too. I would probably get even more BUs of it if I didn't already have Offshoot.
You my girl are the BU QUEEN! Lol :encore:

pocketmouse

Medgal07

...and all of our grocery carts that we'll be pushing around town with all of our belongings in them will be FULL of makeup! We could pass months just oohing, ahhing, swatching, and swapping makeup together! So CartoonChic was planning ahead with those hanging makeup bags! Her cart will be the most beautiful and organized!
iagree.gif

KelseeBrianaJai

So I hauled a lil bit of thus collection but I def did not let in consume my time like I did with the Marilyn collection. I really don't even know the names of a couple of products and that's so unlike me. But here's wht I picked up: 1. The hot pink blush 2. Outrageously Fun lipstick 3. Whisper of Gilt 4. Flight of Cancy lipglass

Medgal07

So I went to my local MAC store after work to check out the rest of the collection! I swatched items and compared them to other perm. items

From the color collection, I ended up liking innocence, glamour daze and easy manner.

Here's the thing, it's not that I like being followed around & being asked "if i need help" every 3 mins, but some type of acknowledgment would have been nice.

I was in there for like half n hour and received no type of acknowledgment. The MUA's were too busy walking past me so they could go fix their hair & own makeup at the mirror.

Hello I'm standing right by the display, obviously needing assistance!

I walked out and didn't buy
censored.gif

MAC m.u.a's are so stuck up and have the worse customer service!!

I'll just stick to my online shopping, thank you very F***ing much!!!
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif
That's just appalling...inexcusable. The first time that I had visited a MAC store after not going for a few years, the SAs were tripping of each other to assist me. Whenever a customer enters this particular store, every SA acknowledges their presence. Now when I go it's a party. We laugh, chat and we've even danced around the store. I think the manager sets the tone and she is phenomenal. So sorry you had that bad experience!

CartoonChic

My saga did have a very happy ending. My Angel of MAC SA had actually hidden my stuff 'too well,' and actually came into work on her day off (her schedule was changed, last minute) just to address my order. Sadly, she informed me that she may be moving to Towson, MD and working at Nordies there. After I had a full-blown tantrum, she assured me that she would continue to take my pre-orders, even though she's in a different state. I told her I knew of a MAC enthusiast, (cough, ADDICT) in the region that she would love. I had you in mind Cartoon Chic.
mac_addict.gif
heart.gif
Thanks for the referral! If you recommend her, she must be fantastic!
friends.gif

CartoonChic

choochoo.gif

CartoonChic I'm on your train with this one. I tried to cancel Feminine Edge but my Nordies 'Angel of MAC' convinced me otherwise. She suggested first applying a thin layer, allowing it to dry and then apply a second coat. The color is just so pretty that I can live with doing that, if it works. We'll see.
I'm going to try that method for Feminine Edge. I just kept layering it on trying to build up the color since it didn't apply smoothly. I didn't wait for it to dry between layers. In hindsight, that probably made things worse and contributed to the clumpiness. Someone else also mentioned using a thicker brush to line with it.

Naughtyp

Im so bad I just ordered WOG and Everything that glitters np even tho i have Black Kinght by butter london!! i havent got a confirmation yet tho... I dont even know how to use a skin finish!! wth is wrong with me lol All i had to hear was that it was sold out at my local nordies and I had to have it! Now I feel hella guilty lol and I am scared of the upcoming collections =/ i feel like im going to talk myself out of a lot but then have regrets! ughh this site is bad for my wallet lol. It actually wouldnt be so bad if I wasnt plannning a trip to Disneyland for Christmas and my 5 year anniversary with my boyfriend. He doesnt have a stable job, so Im paying for everything, hope ill be able to get there and back lol but at least im just using my nordstroms card to order everything so far. I think they will be getting all the collections except Strenghth, but i only want 3 lipsticks and a lip liner from that one. ONLY?!?

I have never ordered so much from one collection in my life! Here is what I got (** order pending**).

Lipsticks:
Outrageously Fun
Glamourdaze
Innocence

Lipglass:
Deliciously Demure

Edes:
Ready to Party
Stylishly Merry
Divine Blue

Nailpolish:
In the Limelight
(Everything that Glitters)**

Blush:
Im the One

MSF:
(Whisper of Guilt)**

Pink lip bag

Pink brush set

Travel bag

Purple lipglass set (nov)

CartoonChic

You my girl are the BU QUEEN! Lol
encore.gif
Lol, I don't mean to be! I just BU the things I'm really excited about.

I picked up my Outrageously Fun and Whisper of Gilt BUs tonight. I'm glad I called to put them on hold because they were sold out by the time I got to the mall. I also got an extra Glamourdaze BU, but it wasn't on purpose. When I called asking about the Glamour Daze collection, I think the SA thought I was also asking about the Glamourdaze lipstick. He put one on hold for me, too. I couldn't refuse it. It was the last one and it's like it chose me for its new home.

I picked up Round Midnight as well and feel lucky to have it. I didn't put it on hold with the other stuff because I wasn't expecting it to sell out. It was sold out at the MAC store and Nordstrom counter at my mall. I tried the Macy's at the same mall and they only had two left, so I grabbed one. I'm officially done with this collection!
bigstar.gif

CartoonChic

Here's my final haul.

Lipstick

• Glamourdaze - midtone creamy plum (CS) x3
  • Outrageously Fun - midtone magenta violet (CS) x2
  • Dramatic Encounter - deep purple (A)
  • Innocence - soft coral (F) (Returned)

Lipglass

• Flight of Fancy - rich purple

Extra Dimension Skinfinish

• Superb BU
  • Whisper of Gilt x2

Extra Dimension Eyeshadow

• Divine Blue - midtone aqua
  • Stylish Merry - midtone dusty violet
  • Ready to Party - pale lilac

• Stolen Moment - dark taupe
  • Tall Dark and Handsome - black with pearl
  • Evening Grey - steel silver
  • A Natural Flirt - soft peachy nude
  • Round Midnight - dark burgundy

Fluidline

• Feminine Edge - pink mauve with dazzle pearl
  • Catch My Eye - cool taupe grey with dazzle pearl
  • Little Black Bow - charcoal with dazzle pearl

Bag

• Hanging Travel Bag

erinmichelle87

Ok. Here is my final haul and initial thoughts

Glamour Daze
All Lipsticks + backups of all but DE ( Innocence is my fav and it reminds me of Lollipop Loving)
All Blushes+back up of Small Vanity (I LOVE Small Vanity and think it is the most unique from the collection)
Mystery x3 (Mine looks nothing like T's and it is great qaulity)
Orpheus x3
Raven x2
All 3 Fluidlines + bu of FE (FE will be used as a base. I am not giving up on it)
All EDES except THD and Evening Grey. I got bu of Ready to Party and A Natural Flirt. Both are AMAZZZING
Flight of Fancy and 3 Impossiby Sweet. (Impossibly Sweet is sooooo unique to me and wonderful in texture)
All polish except girl trouble. (I think the pearl label on In the Limelight was meant for Endless Night and that creme on EN was meant for ItL. MAC polish has improved greatly)

All 3 Fabulousness eye kits. LOVE them all. (Best quality in MAC holiday sets in ages IMO)

Both Divine Desires Kits. LOVE both and I still think $70 was an ok price for what was inside.

Primped Out
All three brush Kits with extras for gifts for my hair stylist, my daughter and her BFF. I think these brushes feel better and like they are higher quality than any previous brush sets from MAC.
Sensual Peach eye kit. LOVE it for my purse. Opulash is a better MAC mascara IMo and I am glad I tried it.
Luxurious pink lip bag (I didn't have Lickable so I went for it. Super cute!!)

2 hanging travel bags for gifts and several pack of Kids helping Kids cards.

I had great expreiences with my orders, though most stuff is old out around town today. I love everything I got. I can see how Beauty would be hard for darker tones to wear but I like it on me and I like the bit of grey it gives my lips.
HOLY CRAP!!! you win!

CartoonChic

...and all of our grocery carts that we'll be pushing around town with all of our belongings in them will be FULL of makeup! We could pass months just oohing, ahhing, swatching, and swapping makeup together! So CartoonChic was planning ahead with those hanging makeup bags! Her cart will be the most beautiful and organized!
LOL! We can also use all of our empty makeup boxes and MAC bags to build our shelters. Plain cardboard boxes simply won't due.
blah.gif

Michelemu21

Im so bad I just ordered WOG and Everything that glitters np even tho i have Black Kinght by butter london!! i havent got a confirmation yet tho... I dont even know how to use a skin finish!! wth is wrong with me lol All i had to hear was that it was sold out at my local nordies and I had to have it! Now I feel hella guilty lol and I am scared of the upcoming collections =/ i feel like im going to talk myself out of a lot but then have regrets! ughh this site is bad for my wallet lol. It actually wouldnt be so bad if I wasnt plannning a trip to Disneyland for Christmas and my 5 year anniversary with my boyfriend. He doesnt have a stable job, so Im paying for everything, hope ill be able to get there and back lol but at least im just using my nordstroms card to order everything so far. I think they will be getting all the collections except Strenghth, but i only want 3 lipsticks and a lip liner from that one. ONLY?!? I have never ordered so much from one collection in my life! Here is what I got (** order pending**). Lipsticks: Outrageously Fun Glamourdaze Innocence Lipglass: Deliciously Demure Edes: Ready to Party Stylishly Merry Divine Blue Nailpolish: In the Limelight (Everything that Glitters)** Blush: Im the One MSF: (Whisper of Guilt)** Pink lip bag Pink brush set Travel bag Purple lipglass set (nov)
I have Superb and use it as a highlighter on my cheekbones. I am sure wog will look wonderful on you!

Latest posts