MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

Naughtyp

Jut got to work and got an email for free gift wrapping from MACs site so I ordered my ETG np! I will be returning my BL black knight once I get ETG. I also kinda did it jut for the wrapping!! lmao how silly is that?! I didn't get a cute bag with any of my orders like some people did! Hopedully I won't get a cancelation notice ;/

hazyday

I just keep going back for more with this collection! I ordered Talk Softly to Me last night and the neutral eye palette should arrive on Monday.

My big haul arrived yesterday. Initial thoughts:

Brush sets (advanced and mineralize)- I really love these. I only have one MAC brush (217), so these will be nice to have on hand. The pouches they come in are SO cute! I was so excited that I immediately blogged about the advanced set. The brushes are really soft.

Beauty l/s- This is definitely different than anything else I have. I can't wait to pair this with Too Faced diamond gloss.
Catch My Eye fluidline- I swatched this on my hand and totally love the color. I'm a bit taupe obsessed. The swatch went on smoothly too.
Whisper of Gilt- I put this on immediately.
flower.gif

Very happy with everything!

Genn

The two things I almost talked myself out of I think I will be using the most. I'm glad I decided to go and look at stolen moments and glamourdaze in person before completely skipping.

Corally

Glamourdaze looks so different than Offshoot in T's pics? Is it the lighting? Because she does say Offshoot 'is just a smidgen pinker'..

PrettyKitty

I agree and I ended up ordering DE as well. It was sold out at Nordstrom and Mac. I had to buy w/o swatching. Someone said it was almost black...oh well I guess I can blot it into a stain
sweatdrop.gif
Yes it was me, very dark purple! You know like some nail polish are purple but in some lighting they look 'almost' black? I still haven't played with it enough but the swatches I've seen so far are lighter than irl. It photograph lighter for some reason. Maybe you can wear it over a pink lipstick to lighten it up?

CartoonChic

Wow, you got all 8 EDES! Do you also have the ones from the previous release? Is it worth getting them all, aren't they too similar to the older ones?
I didn't get any EDES from the original release. That's one of the reasons why I ended up with all of them. I know the pots are a lot smaller in size for the cost. But everyone raves about the formula and I like all of the colors. I'm happy with all of them. I feel like I could randomly pick any two colors to pair together and the combination would look good.

Michelemu21

I went in to Mac last night to fix my pre-order.  Of course I got a few more things.  I picked up a few more, well a lot more of the EDES.  I tried Feminine Edge on this morning.  I pat a bit on my lid and got nervous it would be too sparkly so I put a bit of Nubile over it to even it out a bit and then put some other shadow on top.  I really liked the effect sparkly but not overly so.  Plus more of the sparkle peeked out above my crease where I didn't put anything on top and I really liked it.  I started thinking I may like the EDES layered with the fluidlines so more of them appealed to me.  But I just couldn't stop thinking about Small Vanity. Of course it was sold out, even on launch day.  Do I have a similar color?  I think I'm going to go look for it today. I also picked up the new silicone eye shadow applicators.  I can't wait to try them with my glittery shadows.
Yes I am thinking about ordering sv now as well.

Medgal07

I'm going to try that method for Feminine Edge. I just kept layering it on trying to build up the color since it didn't apply smoothly. I didn't wait for it to dry between layers. In hindsight, that probably made things worse and contributed to the clumpiness. Someone else also mentioned using a thicker brush to line with it.
Wil you be using it all over your lid? And did you see the link to a couple of 'looks' with Feminine Edge? They gave me hope.

Anitacska

I love the formula, but I bought almost all of the original ones and also most of the Estee Lauder ones, so now I'm not sure if I need many of these. Maybe just get the blue one and the taupe one. Oh I don't know.

I didn't get any EDES from the original release. That's one of the reasons why I ended up with all of them. I know the pots are a lot smaller in size for the cost. But everyone raves about the formula and I like all of the colors. I'm happy with all of them. I feel like I could randomly pick any two colors to pair together and the combination would look good.

Medgal07

You know I love you! LOL, It was Red Dwarf. When that starts to fade on me, I thought it might mimick glamordaze, but now that I've seen it, I don't think it will. It will be similiar, but Glamordaze was straight blah, and garbage on me. BOOOO to brown! LOL
What about topping it with a burgundy leaning lip glass. You know I felt the same way about Oh,Oh,Oh that you feel about Glamourdaze.

Medgal07

Nice haul. I got the Mineralize brush set and was surprised about how much I loved the pouch, of all things!!! It matches the hanging travel bag quite nicely
girlhaha.gif

I just keep going back for more with this collection! I ordered Talk Softly to Me last night and the neutral eye palette should arrive on Monday.

My big haul arrived yesterday. Initial thoughts:

Brush sets (advanced and mineralize)- I really love these. I only have one MAC brush (217), so these will be nice to have on hand. The pouches they come in are SO cute! I was so excited that I immediately blogged about the advanced set. The brushes are really soft.

Beauty l/s- This is definitely different than anything else I have. I can't wait to pair this with Too Faced diamond gloss.
Catch My Eye fluidline- I swatched this on my hand and totally love the color. I'm a bit taupe obsessed. The swatch went on smoothly too.
Whisper of Gilt- I put this on immediately.
flower.gif

Very happy with everything!

erinmichelle87

Yes it was me, very dark purple! You know like some nail polish are purple but in some lighting they look 'almost' black? I still haven't played with it enough but the swatches I've seen so far are lighter than irl. It photograph lighter for some reason. Maybe you can wear it over a pink lipstick to lighten it up?
yes, it photographs super light.

Medgal07

I don't understand. Why do you feel guilty getting both? Superb and Whisper of Guilt are different. Superb gives a pink champagne sheen. Whisper of Guilt gives a warm gold sheen. Whisper of Guilt is also different from Albatross as you can see from MACina's swatch. Yup, you still need it.
Very smooth enabler! No, You're absolutely correct about the differences in all of those products. All three are totally necessary!
iagree.gif

Medgal07

I'm going to try that method for Feminine Edge. I just kept layering it on trying to build up the color since it didn't apply smoothly. I didn't wait for it to dry between layers. In hindsight, that probably made things worse and contributed to the clumpiness. Someone else also mentioned using a thicker brush to line with it.
Yes. Probably the 211 if you're lining with it. I think I'll try the 242 (if that's correct...numbers have faded off) which is what I use for applying PPs.

Medgal07

NO, no, no...You're so good! Enjoy your stuff...YOLO!!!!!
girlhaha.gif

Im so bad I just ordered WOG and Everything that glitters np even tho i have Black Kinght by butter london!! i havent got a confirmation yet tho... I dont even know how to use a skin finish!! wth is wrong with me lol All i had to hear was that it was sold out at my local nordies and I had to have it! Now I feel hella guilty lol and I am scared of the upcoming collections =/ i feel like im going to talk myself out of a lot but then have regrets! ughh this site is bad for my wallet lol. It actually wouldnt be so bad if I wasnt plannning a trip to Disneyland for Christmas and my 5 year anniversary with my boyfriend. He doesnt have a stable job, so Im paying for everything, hope ill be able to get there and back lol but at least im just using my nordstroms card to order everything so far. I think they will be getting all the collections except Strenghth, but i only want 3 lipsticks and a lip liner from that one. ONLY?!?

I have never ordered so much from one collection in my life! Here is what I got (** order pending**).

Lipsticks:
Outrageously Fun
Glamourdaze
Innocence

Lipglass:
Deliciously Demure

Edes:
Ready to Party
Stylishly Merry
Divine Blue

Nailpolish:
In the Limelight