MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

860CTBeauty

So after my original haul of: Divine Blue, Stolen Moment, Stylishly Merry, Ready to Party, Glamourdaze, Outrageously Fun, Impossibly Sweet, Deliciously Demure and Flight of Fancy.
Well I went back to MAC today *sigh* and picked up another Glamourdaze, A Natural Flirt and Tall, Dark & Handsome. I checked out...then I caved and went back to the MUA and checked out AGAIN getting the Travel Bag
ssad.gif

lsdptl

Trying so hard not to get more. Those pink brushes are calling to me. Anyone get them that can tell me about the quality ? And then of course if I get that I may have to add in A Natural Flirt And deliciously demure.

Michelemu21

rant.gif

So I had major drama yesterday with this collection. I had preordered all my stuff almost two weeks ago I actually paid for all of it at that time, well I worked 3 12hr shifts so I couldn't go pick it up until last night. When the MUA went and got my bag she pulled out the lippies and I asked her so where are the powders? I had purchased WoG and Superb, she went crazy looking for them someone had went into my already paid for items and took both of them. I was soooooo angry I'm sure she could see it on my face
angry.gif
I was trying so hard to not get super crazy because the MUA is really nice and I have been getting stuff and my makeup done from her for a long while now, she was super scared and upset looking for my stuff she even called her manager and all the manager said was give her a refund and that really got me upset I preordered to make sure that I got my stuff and it not be sold out what's the point in that if my items are going to be taken after I paid for it. The MUA called all the MAC counters around the area and lucky enough she found one about ten minutes from that mall that had both of the items. I took my stuff and drove to the other mall. I am soooo over MAC, and I think that the last 4 collections have been insane and sold out in no time, but then u go on evilbay and see 30 and 40 items being sold by the same person at quadruple the price. I think that after the strength collection I am going to give MAC a big break. I told the MUA I spent almost $300 she should have been more vigilant of my order considering I get tons of stuff from her very often, her response was I normally don't have to because I didn't think something like this could happen I just had a blank stare on my face but never again from that store.
Oh that is terrible! Who would have taken items out of the bag...an employee or customer? I now feel more comfortable ordering from the website but not always can you be on when the collection goes live. Every time an item is highly coveted it is so much stress. Wait until PP and Stereo Rose are released again.
icon_eek.gif
I can't blame you for taking a break.

Michelemu21

^Nurse - I feel so bad for you as that is just plain wrong! You had every right to be upset. Unfortunately, I am hearing that this type of activity at all the MU counters is going on far too frequently. The sad thing is that it is employees! Companies need to put their employees on notice, that if you get caught doing that, you are getting fired. Several Chanel SA have had all kinds of things go missing. Its gotten so bad, that they are not allowed to have certain items, & certain items out on the counter
icon_eek.gif
Shame on people that have to steal, or take from someone elses order & have no conscience
nonono.gif
or morals.
Are they stealing for themselves or to sell to another customer? I can't believe the risk you would take to get caught and get fired.

Medgal07

Fluidline
  • Feminine Edge

• Little Black Bow

Fabulousness Smoky Eye BU
(technically bought 3 but sent one to a friend)

And this may or may not be final lol
Impressive!
girlhaha.gif
How are you liking (or not) Feminine Edge. Please share any additional tip you might have for using it effectively. THANKS!!!

Michelemu21

It has happened to me before with some Hey Sailor lipglosses that I was able to get eventually so was not a major issue. My MUA appeared very baffled and purturbed about the missing items. I felt so bad for her that I was the one reassuring her that it was ok. I read on another site that in a lot of cases it is not the MUA fault. The online folks apparently go through the pre orders at times to meet online demands for the stores. I worked two 12hrs shifts Thur and Fri but I was there first thing this morning. I am not comfortable with my holds hanging around for too long esp when items are selling out fast.
Yes I think that happened to me with Modern Mandarin. I ended up getting it at the Mac store though.
angry.gif

Medgal07

I picked up my goodies from MAC today and then snagged a few more items, which I probably should have budgeted a little better for. My wallet paid for it dearly! I scheduled an appointment to play with the eyeshadow sets and the kohl pencils, so at least I somewhat stuck to my post-order list!

In addition to my Innocence, Glamourdaze, Outrageously Fun, Feminine Edge and I'm The One (all pre-order) I also picked up

-Orpheus kohl pencil + BU (black with gold flecks so pretty!)
-Neutral eyeshadow quint (definitely the one that stood out most to me. The warm eyes was pretty, but basic shades including Retrospeck which I just recently B2M'd for, and the smoky eyes was just a little too purple for my taste)
-Magenta lipliner (goes perrrfect with Outrageously Fun, and Dish It Up!)
-Another BU of Glamourdaze
-Divine Blue EDES (I've been eyeing this one, and my store had one left, so I didn't want to get skipper's remorse!)

Glamourdaze is an awesome MLBB shade for me! with Deliciously Demure it's pure love :) so I had to get another BU of Glamourdaze. I skipped on getting DD, since I got a pair online, and I have Social Light that is currently open and I consider will be a substitute, since the lipglass is more for added shine in the middle of the lips.

My MAC store was sold out of Beauty and Dramatic Encounter (MA said that DE mostly sold out due to pre-orders, but they may have still had some left yesterday when the collection officially launched). They also sold out of I'm The One and A Natural Flirt EDES. They had plenty of lipglasses and at least half a dozen of the other lipsticks available, which surprised me! Though I'm sure they'll go quickly!

Then I had a little time to soak in my new pretties and dress the wounds of my checking account, waited a few hours and UPS dropped off my MAC online haul. I like the hanging bag! Not sure what I will use it for lol, but I'm a total sucker for leopard print. And the box is tooooo cute!

Early next week I'm getting the Lavish Coral set, Little Black Bow fluidline and Stolen Moment EDES from Nordstrom, and then another BU of Glamourdaze that's coming from Belk, but that won't come until Friday.

Nowwww I will be seriously licking my monetary wounds because with MM, MM restock and GD combined, consider my arse kicked straight to the wall
mac_atemywallet.gif
I'm glad that the next collections through the rest of the year look to be in the same vein as Style Seeker where a large chunk of the collection just doesn't appeal to me and I would have no qualms skipping them if the need be! Although the ones launching on Dec 26 will be a little tricky since it's my Birthday Eve!
poke.gif
those lemms might find a way in!
Awesome, awesome haul. ENJOY!

EmbalmerBabe

Did anyone else get Everything That Glitters nail lacquer? I got it and the formula is not very smooth and clumps up even prior to painting my nail. Shame since the color and glitter are lovely. Thinking of returning it along with Feminine Edge Fluidline.
May I ask why you are returning Feminine Edge? Did it irritate your eyes?

Medgal07

Lol I save all my boxes, I have them in a huge shopping bag. I planned on making a collage of some sort but ive never gotten around to it! too much time on Specktra! lol
Make that collage and sell it on EvilBay...you'll make a killing!

gracie90

I think I finally have a list for these collections!

Stolen Moment EDES
A Natural Flirt EDES
Ready To Party EDES
Whisper of Gilt EDSF
Beauty l/s
Innocence l/s
Glamourdaze l/s
Orpheus e/k
Mystery e/k
Everything That Glitters n/p
Feminine Edge f/l maybeeee
And one of the gloss sets!

Oh dear. I need to cut it down but I don't know what to get rid of :( I want so much more!

Paisly

I love feminine edge :)
It' a little chunky. I used it last night. I put natural flirt on my entire eye. I used FE on my lid... Basically like a paintpot over Natural Flirt. And used a stolen moment in the crease, and blended it out with brule. It was really pretty! Just make sure you do your foundation last because of fallout.

kimibos

i kind of want the lippie of the divine set, heart to heart. but its not in the minty bag. i was thinking about getting the minty one on nov 8. i still dont know what im getting for my b-day. i cant decide regular between brushes, going to the cco, getting permanent stuff or makeup from other brands.

Medgal07

I didn't get any EDES from the original release. That's one of the reasons why I ended up with all of them. I know the pots are a lot smaller in size for the cost. But everyone raves about the formula and I like all of the colors. I'm happy with all of them. I feel like I could randomly pick any two colors to pair together and the combination would look good.
Nordstrom still has some of the originals on their web site. Just saying...not enabling!!!
girlhaha.gif

texasmommy

After reading all the shenanigans that happen at counters and stores, I'm almost glad we don't have any that close. But from my online order I love everything so far! A Natural Flirt and Stolen Moment are gorgeous!!! Wore them together over UD primer potion and they looked great! Ready To Party is really pretty, too. I wore it with colors from the Smokey Palette yesterday and it looked nice, no problems with quality. Glamourdaze is amazing, I still need to try Small Vanity, and the Mineralize brush set is softer than I expected. Only waiting on lipgloss sets to be released :).

gracie90

Does anyone think Innocence looks a little like Marquise D'? I would love them to be similar!
Thanks lovelies :)

Medgal07

rant.gif

So I had major drama yesterday with this collection. I had preordered all my stuff almost two weeks ago I actually paid for all of it at that time, well I worked 3 12hr shifts so I couldn't go pick it up until last night. When the MUA went and got my bag she pulled out the lippies and I asked her so where are the powders? I had purchased WoG and Superb, she went crazy looking for them someone had went into my already paid for items and took both of them. I was soooooo angry I'm sure she could see it on my face
angry.gif
I was trying so hard to not get super crazy because the MUA is really nice and I have been getting stuff and my makeup done from her for a long while now, she was super scared and upset looking for my stuff she even called her manager and all the manager said was give her a refund and that really got me upset I preordered to make sure that I got my stuff and it not be sold out what's the point in that if my items are going to be taken after I paid for it. The MUA called all the MAC counters around the area and lucky enough she found one about ten minutes from that mall that had both of the items. I took my stuff and drove to the other mall. I am soooo over MAC, and I think that the last 4 collections have been insane and sold out in no time, but then u go on evilbay and see 30 and 40 items being sold by the same person at quadruple the price. I think that after the strength collection I am going to give MAC a big break. I told the MUA I spent almost $300 she should have been more vigilant of my order considering I get tons of stuff from her very often, her response was I normally don't have to because I didn't think something like this could happen I just had a blank stare on my face but never again from that store.
Unnecessary
thdrama.gif
. You're correct...your pre-paid order should have been protected. So sorry you had this awful experience and I hope it doesn't dampen the enjoyment of your items

Medgal07

I had traded in my Love Power Electric Cool ES and applied its value to my purchase. My girlfriend is picking up Divine Blue today as a part of my delayed birthday gifts. They only had two DB left at Nordstrom's. I think after this weekend a lot of the items will be sold out at most locations
Awesome! ENJOY !

gracie90

I'm looking forward to qualifying as a doctor in 18 months because I will be able to buy all the MAC I want! (And because of the helping people thing too :p)
But I will also be so busy that I'll probably miss out on a ton of LE stuff :( Sometimes stalking for items is like having a part-time job!

MacAddictNurse, I'm glad you found your items eventually. I would have been so pissed off!