MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

MACina

eyelove.gif
.....lovely haul PrettyKitty!!!

I am sure DE looks great on you
smiles.gif

Here's my tiny haul! (more pics on the blog, link is in my signature)

GlamQueen21

Yesterday I got my three packages! Two from MAC and one from Nordstrom. Stolen Moment and Divine Blue EDES are gorgeous!!!! I will do a blog review on it right now.

Richelle83

My little haul
girlhaha.gif

Lipstick

• Outrageously Fun BU x4

Lipglass

• Impossibly Sweet BU

Extra Dimension Eyeshadow

• Stylish Merry BU
  • Ready to Party BU

• Stolen Moment BU

• A Natural Flirt BU

Fluidline

• Feminine Edge

• Little Black Bow

Fabulousness Smoky Eye BU
(technically bought 3 but sent one to a friend)

And this may or may not be final lol

MACina

Wow....that is a great haul Richelle
thmbup.gif

Enjoy all your goodies!!!

OF must look stunning on you
heart.gif

Fluidline
  • Feminine Edge

• Little Black Bow

Fabulousness Smoky Eye BU
(technically bought 3 but sent one to a friend)

And this may or may not be final lol

MacAddictNurse

rant.gif

So I had major drama yesterday with this collection. I had preordered all my stuff almost two weeks ago I actually paid for all of it at that time, well I worked 3 12hr shifts so I couldn't go pick it up until last night. When the MUA went and got my bag she pulled out the lippies and I asked her so where are the powders? I had purchased WoG and Superb, she went crazy looking for them someone had went into my already paid for items and took both of them. I was soooooo angry I'm sure she could see it on my face
angry.gif
I was trying so hard to not get super crazy because the MUA is really nice and I have been getting stuff and my makeup done from her for a long while now, she was super scared and upset looking for my stuff she even called her manager and all the manager said was give her a refund and that really got me upset I preordered to make sure that I got my stuff and it not be sold out what's the point in that if my items are going to be taken after I paid for it. The MUA called all the MAC counters around the area and lucky enough she found one about ten minutes from that mall that had both of the items. I took my stuff and drove to the other mall. I am soooo over MAC, and I think that the last 4 collections have been insane and sold out in no time, but then u go on evilbay and see 30 and 40 items being sold by the same person at quadruple the price. I think that after the strength collection I am going to give MAC a big break. I told the MUA I spent almost $300 she should have been more vigilant of my order considering I get tons of stuff from her very often, her response was I normally don't have to because I didn't think something like this could happen I just had a blank stare on my face but never again from that store.

elegant-one

^Nurse - I feel so bad for you as that is just plain wrong! You had every right to be upset. Unfortunately, I am hearing that this type of activity at all the MU counters is going on far too frequently. The sad thing is that it is employees! Companies need to put their employees on notice, that if you get caught doing that, you are getting fired. Several Chanel SA have had all kinds of things go missing. Its gotten so bad, that they are not allowed to have certain items, & certain items out on the counter
icon_eek.gif
Shame on people that have to steal, or take from someone elses order & have no conscience
nonono.gif
or morals.

Debbs

I executed my plan and I am now relieved and contented. I was parked outside Nordstrom's at 0951am. I was the first one at the Mac counter. I picked up my pre order making a few adjustments. I was able to get the last WOG and FE (which as not in my plan) I think Feminine Edge will look really nice as a base for Neo Nebula, Da Bling etc. They were already sold out of Small Vanity Blush, Ready to Party EDES and Impossible Sweet Lipgloss.....thank God for holds.BTW anyone interested there were 5 IS lipglosses at the Miami Adventura Mac Store. I went there to get the silicone sponge eye applicators (remembered it after reading Icecarmellate's post) I don't know which is worse, being fondly referred to as 'crazy girl' or being asked if I am selling Make up. Its funny because I didn't apply any make up before going other than foundation, powder and a bit of mascara. I always try to keep it plain if I may be trying out items. I think after $207 at Nordies, FOF Lipgloss at Macys plus another FOF given to me as a gift, $13 at the Mac store I am done done done. Luckily most of it was from my 10.14 Birthday Mac money. My plan is not to go back to ANY counter until Dec 13th when I pick up my Couture brushes. I am hoping by then I will be able to preview the 26th collections My Lovely Haul Stylishly Merry EDES x 2 Ready to Party EDES x 2 Impossible Sweet Lipglosses x 2 Flight of Fancy Lipglosses x 2 Whisper of Gilt EDSF Mystery Eyeliner Round Midnight EDES Stolen Moment EDES Feminine Edge Eyeliner/Base I had traded in my Love Power Electric Cool ES and applied its value to my purchase. My girlfriend is picking up Divine Blue today as a part of my delayed birthday gifts. They only had two DB left at Nordstrom's. I think after this weekend a lot of the items will be sold out at most locations

GlamQueen21

rant.gif

So I had major drama yesterday with this collection. I had preordered all my stuff almost two weeks ago I actually paid for all of it at that time, well I worked 3 12hr shifts so I couldn't go pick it up until last night. When the MUA went and got my bag she pulled out the lippies and I asked her so where are the powders? I had purchased WoG and Superb, she went crazy looking for them someone had went into my already paid for items and took both of them. I was soooooo angry I'm sure she could see it on my face
angry.gif
I was trying so hard to not get super crazy because the MUA is really nice and I have been getting stuff and my makeup done from her for a long while now, she was super scared and upset looking for my stuff she even called her manager and all the manager said was give her a refund and that really got me upset I preordered to make sure that I got my stuff and it not be sold out what's the point in that if my items are going to be taken after I paid for it. The MUA called all the MAC counters around the area and lucky enough she found one about ten minutes from that mall that had both of the items. I took my stuff and drove to the other mall. I am soooo over MAC, and I think that the last 4 collections have been insane and sold out in no time, but then u go on evilbay and see 30 and 40 items being sold by the same person at quadruple the price. I think that after the strength collection I am going to give MAC a big break. I told the MUA I spent almost $300 she should have been more vigilant of my order considering I get tons of stuff from her very often, her response was I normally don't have to because I didn't think something like this could happen I just had a blank stare on my face but never again from that store.
Oh no! So sorry about what happened to your preorder of both Whisper of Gilt and Superb! Nerve of someone to take both of the Skinfinishes out of your preorder bag and they should not do that. Did you end up getting them at another MAC store after that?

Debbs

As a nurse myself I definitely feel your pain and sincerely empathize with you. I am so truly sorry about what happened with your pre order. It is hard to get up at the crack of dawn and get off at dusk for those hectic 12hrs shift. You leave your home before places even open and get back home almost when they are closing so when you make arrangements on your day off you would just wish that they would fall into place. It has happened to me before with some Hey Sailor lipglosses that I was able to get eventually so was not a major issue. My MUA appeared very baffled and purturbed about the missing items. I felt so bad for her that I was the one reassuring her that it was ok. I read on another site that in a lot of cases it is not the MUA fault. The online folks apparently go through the pre orders at times to meet online demands for the stores. I worked two 12hrs shifts Thur and Fri but I was there first thing this morning. I am not comfortable with my holds hanging around for too long esp when items are selling out fast.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
rant.gif

angry.gif
Wow, that sucks :( I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.

TheLadyDanger

Did anyone else get Everything That Glitters nail lacquer? I got it and the formula is not very smooth and clumps up even prior to painting my nail. Shame since the color and glitter are lovely. Thinking of returning it along with Feminine Edge Fluidline.

Audrey C

rant.gif

angry.gif
Yes, and this is the kind of 'hype' that MAC seems to want to drive. It's ridiculous and you're far from the only one who doesn't want to play any more. I'm sorry this happened to you.

CharlieKelly

I really wanted to buy Small Vanity but the perfect cheek is that, just perfect for me. And I have two, and a legendary too. So I think I will skip the blushes for now. I did get two GD and the pink one, Gosh, I forgot the name. I also pre-sell for one of the glosses sets. They are so adorbs!! I am a happy girl

Icecaramellatte

Well, I was at Macy's when they opened. I got the last Small Vanity so it really was meant to be. Oh I still really want those brush sets. I really shouldn't but they are just so cute. Maybe I'll get one and slowly get the others. Who knows maybe I'll get it at the next Mac Party - I guess its for the Guilty Passions.

MacNurse - So sorry about what happened. That is terrible.

Wmax

The two things I almost talked myself out of I think I will be using the most. I'm glad I decided to go and look at stolen moments and glamourdaze in person before completely skipping.
I absolutely LOVE glamourdaze!!

luckyme

If anyone has any of the Glamourdaze gift bags that they do not want, can you please pm me. My counter did not have them and I would love to work something out with someone to get them. TIA

lmcmullen

I got my little haul in from Nordies yesterday - Kohl pencils Mystery and Orpheus, and the Catch my Eye taupe fluidline.

I love the first two, still unsure about catch my eye, It swatches great on my hand, isn't as good on my eye somehow....

Naughtyp

Mac nurse I'm sorry that happened been reading tales like that too often on here! :/ lady danger I got the ETG np becuz the BL one does that to me too! ughh I ordered it for nothing then! that sux ;(