MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

Naughtyp

LOL! We can also use all of our empty makeup boxes and MAC bags to build our shelters. Plain cardboard boxes simply won't due.
blah.gif
Lol I save all my boxes, I have them in a huge shopping bag. I planned on making a collage of some sort but ive never gotten around to it! too much time on Specktra! lol

duckrodeo

I picked up my goodies from MAC today and then snagged a few more items, which I probably should have budgeted a little better for. My wallet paid for it dearly! I scheduled an appointment to play with the eyeshadow sets and the kohl pencils, so at least I somewhat stuck to my post-order list!

In addition to my Innocence, Glamourdaze, Outrageously Fun, Feminine Edge and I'm The One (all pre-order) I also picked up

-Orpheus kohl pencil + BU (black with gold flecks so pretty!)
-Neutral eyeshadow quint (definitely the one that stood out most to me. The warm eyes was pretty, but basic shades including Retrospeck which I just recently B2M'd for, and the smoky eyes was just a little too purple for my taste)
-Magenta lipliner (goes perrrfect with Outrageously Fun, and Dish It Up!)
-Another BU of Glamourdaze
-Divine Blue EDES (I've been eyeing this one, and my store had one left, so I didn't want to get skipper's remorse!)

Glamourdaze is an awesome MLBB shade for me! with Deliciously Demure it's pure love :) so I had to get another BU of Glamourdaze. I skipped on getting DD, since I got a pair online, and I have Social Light that is currently open and I consider will be a substitute, since the lipglass is more for added shine in the middle of the lips.

My MAC store was sold out of Beauty and Dramatic Encounter (MA said that DE mostly sold out due to pre-orders, but they may have still had some left yesterday when the collection officially launched). They also sold out of I'm The One and A Natural Flirt EDES. They had plenty of lipglasses and at least half a dozen of the other lipsticks available, which surprised me! Though I'm sure they'll go quickly!

Then I had a little time to soak in my new pretties and dress the wounds of my checking account, waited a few hours and UPS dropped off my MAC online haul. I like the hanging bag! Not sure what I will use it for lol, but I'm a total sucker for leopard print. And the box is tooooo cute!

Early next week I'm getting the Lavish Coral set, Little Black Bow fluidline and Stolen Moment EDES from Nordstrom, and then another BU of Glamourdaze that's coming from Belk, but that won't come until Friday.

Nowwww I will be seriously licking my monetary wounds because with MM, MM restock and GD combined, consider my arse kicked straight to the wall
mac_atemywallet.gif
I'm glad that the next collections through the rest of the year look to be in the same vein as Style Seeker where a large chunk of the collection just doesn't appeal to me and I would have no qualms skipping them if the need be! Although the ones launching on Dec 26 will be a little tricky since it's my Birthday Eve!
poke.gif
those lemms might find a way in!

MACina

OMG.....that is an AWESOME halloween look Piarpreet!!!
I know this is barely relevant but this is my halloween look using matte MAC shadows, eyelash glue (for the skin/scars), redd lip liner, and glamour daze for the "healthy part"/

I used the champagne one on lid, and the lilac one as a highlighter blended with my blush. this is an amazing discovery BTW

this is my halloween look on a bidget. I could only afford to be 1/3 zombie lol. I dont have any money after my glamour daze stuff, so I decided not to dress up and do something simple.

Piarpreet

I'm so impresse!!! come to Chgo and do mine!!! You want to get out of that Storm coming to NY anyway right?
ya just put foundation normal, then aply the eyelash glue let it get super tacky and then u rub it against the skin until it becomes like rotten skin. Add the shades and voila!

Naughtyp

I picked up my goodies from MAC today and then snagged a few more items, which I probably should have budgeted a little better for. My wallet paid for it dearly! I scheduled an appointment to play with the eyeshadow sets and the kohl pencils, so at least I somewhat stuck to my post-order list!

In addition to my Innocence, Glamourdaze, Outrageously Fun, Feminine Edge and I'm The One (all pre-order) I also picked up

-Orpheus kohl pencil + BU (black with gold flecks so pretty!)
-Neutral eyeshadow quint (definitely the one that stood out most to me. The warm eyes was pretty, but basic shades including Retrospeck which I just recently B2M'd for, and the smoky eyes was just a little too purple for my taste)
-Magenta lipliner (goes perrrfect with Outrageously Fun, and Dish It Up!)
-Another BU of Glamourdaze
-Divine Blue EDES (I've been eyeing this one, and my store had one left, so I didn't want to get skipper's remorse!)

Glamourdaze is an awesome MLBB shade for me! with Deliciously Demure it's pure love :) so I had to get another BU of Glamourdaze. I skipped on getting DD, since I got a pair online, and I have Social Light that is currently open and I consider will be a substitute, since the lipglass is more for added shine in the middle of the lips.

My MAC store was sold out of Beauty and Dramatic Encounter (MA said that DE mostly sold out due to pre-orders, but they may have still had some left yesterday when the collection officially launched). They also sold out of I'm The One and A Natural Flirt EDES. They had plenty of lipglasses and at least half a dozen of the other lipsticks available, which surprised me! Though I'm sure they'll go quickly!

Then I had a little time to soak in my new pretties and dress the wounds of my checking account, waited a few hours and UPS dropped off my MAC online haul. I like the hanging bag! Not sure what I will use it for lol, but I'm a total sucker for leopard print. And the box is tooooo cute!

Early next week I'm getting the Lavish Coral set, Little Black Bow fluidline and Stolen Moment EDES from Nordstrom, and then another BU of Glamourdaze that's coming from Belk, but that won't come until Friday.

Nowwww I will be seriously licking my monetary wounds because with MM, MM restock and GD combined, consider my arse kicked straight to the wall
mac_atemywallet.gif
I'm glad that the next collections through the rest of the year look to be in the same vein as Style Seeker where a large chunk of the collection just doesn't appeal to me and I would have no qualms skipping them if the need be! Although the ones launching on Dec 26 will be a little tricky since it's my Birthday Eve!
poke.gif
those lemms might find a way in!
I love Glamourdaze with DD lipglass thats how i wore it too =)

Mac-Guy

Please excuse me if this question has been asked already, this thread is moving so fast....

Are the colored kohl eyeliners (Raven, Orpheous & Mystery) waterline safe? The glitter I saw in them makes me think they're not.
I'd say yes. The glitter is really fine. I'm wearing them w/ any problems and I have very sensitive eyes.

Anitacska

Wow, you got all 8 EDES! Do you also have the ones from the previous release? Is it worth getting them all, aren't they too similar to the older ones?

Here's my final haul.

Extra Dimension Eyeshadow

• Divine Blue - midtone aqua
  • Stylish Merry - midtone dusty violet
  • Ready to Party - pale lilac

• Stolen Moment - dark taupe
  • Tall Dark and Handsome - black with pearl
  • Evening Grey - steel silver
  • A Natural Flirt - soft peachy nude
  • Round Midnight - dark burgundy

Naughtyp

my everything that glitters push got canceled :/ I guess I'm not too upset since I already have BL Black Knight...it's kind of a pain to apply so I wanted to try MACs version. oh well!! my WOG is in process (along with some more samples!)so hopefully I will get one to see what all the fuss is about lol

Jenrbelt

I picked up my goodies from MAC today and then snagged a few more items, which I probably should have budgeted a little better for. My wallet paid for it dearly! I scheduled an appointment to play with the eyeshadow sets and the kohl pencils, so at least I somewhat stuck to my post-order list! In addition to my Innocence, Glamourdaze, Outrageously Fun, Feminine Edge and I'm The One (all pre-order) I also picked up -Orpheus kohl pencil + BU (black with gold flecks so pretty!) -Neutral eyeshadow quint (definitely the one that stood out most to me. The warm eyes was pretty, but basic shades including Retrospeck which I just recently B2M'd for, and the smoky eyes was just a little too purple for my taste) -Magenta lipliner (goes perrrfect with Outrageously Fun, and Dish It Up!) -Another BU of Glamourdaze -Divine Blue EDES (I've been eyeing this one, and my store had one left, so I didn't want to get skipper's remorse!) Glamourdaze is an awesome MLBB shade for me! with Deliciously Demure it's pure love :) so I had to get another BU of Glamourdaze. I skipped on getting DD, since I got a pair online, and I have Social Light that is currently open and I consider will be a substitute, since the lipglass is more for added shine in the middle of the lips. My MAC store was sold out of Beauty and Dramatic Encounter (MA said that DE mostly sold out due to pre-orders, but they may have still had some left yesterday when the collection officially launched). They also sold out of I'm The One and A Natural Flirt EDES. They had plenty of lipglasses and at least half a dozen of the other lipsticks available, which surprised me! Though I'm sure they'll go quickly! Then I had a little time to soak in my new pretties and dress the wounds of my checking account, waited a few hours and UPS dropped off my MAC online haul. I like the hanging bag! Not sure what I will use it for lol, but I'm a total sucker for leopard print. And the box is tooooo cute!  Early next week I'm getting the Lavish Coral set, Little Black Bow fluidline and Stolen Moment EDES from Nordstrom, and then another BU of Glamourdaze that's coming from Belk, but that won't come until Friday.  Nowwww I will be seriously licking my monetary wounds because with MM, MM restock and GD combined, consider my arse kicked straight to the wall:macwallet: I'm glad that the next collections through the rest of the year look to be in the same vein as Style Seeker where a large chunk of the collection just doesn't appeal to me and I would have no qualms skipping them if the need be! Although the ones launching on Dec 26 will be a little tricky since it's my Birthday Eve! :poke: those lemms might find a way in!
I know what you should get for your b-day! I have a December bday and I always ask for Macy's gift cards so I can hoard them for upcoming collections! I'd ask for MAC cards but those are harder for people to get their hands on! Anyways, my lemms are debilitating...I get so completely consumed by how I am going to get my goodies. i have already gone through my mental list this AM. It goes like this...okay, I got x,y & z from Glamourdaze. Then I have to go through each item I didn't get to recheck whether or not I want it now, or need to swatch it to be sure that I don't want it. Then if I decide that I need to swatch things to be sure, I have to go run around town til I'm satisfied about my haul.usually in the swatching process, I am adding new goodies to my haul that I never thought I wanted in the first place! Ahhh...and it goes on and on til the next collection arrives! Of well, I love my makeup!

Icecaramellatte

I went in to Mac last night to fix my pre-order. Of course I got a few more things. I picked up a few more, well a lot more of the EDES. I tried Feminine Edge on this morning. I pat a bit on my lid and got nervous it would be too sparkly so I put a bit of Nubile over it to even it out a bit and then put some other shadow on top. I really liked the effect sparkly but not overly so. Plus more of the sparkle peeked out above my crease where I didn't put anything on top and I really liked it. I started thinking I may like the EDES layered with the fluidlines so more of them appealed to me. But I just couldn't stop thinking about Small Vanity. Of course it was sold out, even on launch day. Do I have a similar color? I think I'm going to go look for it today. I also picked up the new silicone eye shadow applicators. I can't wait to try them with my glittery shadows.

Latest posts