MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

Naughtyp

I'm wanting the Outrageously Fun lipstick, the minty nail polish, and the bright pink blush. I also need to get my hands on the pink lip bag ( I think, but I never liked Lickable enough to buy) and the purple lip gloss set. Fuckin MAC going to put me in debt! lmao

singer82

I hope you are right and it is more taupe than silver. Not sure what I will do with the pink one, but the black with silver glitter is :drool:
---Me too girl. I'm hoping for a dark sparkly taupe instead of silver. The black one it's the only one i know for sure I'm getting!:eyelove: The pink one looks like it would be a good base for young Venus. So Im considering it. love the quotes.  It was a pretty twisted movie.[/quote] ---Heathers is one of my fav cult classics! Along with The Lost Boys and Jawbreaker

pocketmouse

The lipsticks are definitely not what I expected, but that's probably a good thing as I couldn't afford getting 3 more lipsticks so soon after Marilyn, I'd like to pick up at least one though cause I really do like the shiny all black packaging, I'll probably get Outrageously Fun or maybe the peachy one. I'm very excited for the pink fluidline! It's lighter and sparklier than I expected, but I can rock that haha. It'll be nice for the holidays, and I like that it isn't your typical holiday color. I'm probably going to get the pink blush and pink/purple lipgloss set too.
Hopefully some more swatches will start popping up, thanks again MAC Detectives
peace2.gif

liba

does anyone one know if EDES are good for setting liners? if tall dark handsome is really really black ill pick it up and if i get scared to use it as shadow ill just set my liners with it lol
Dark Dare EDES works great for setting liner - it's super black, but not sparkly. From the photo, TD&H looks like it could be more sparkly, but I don't see why it wouldn't also work well. No need to be scared of these as shadows, since they blend out so well - you could sheer it out nicely if you wanted.

Mac-Guy

Dark Dare EDES works great for setting liner - it's super black, but not sparkly. From the photo, TD&H looks like it could be more sparkly, but I don't see why it wouldn't also work well. No need to be scared of these as shadows, since they blend out so well - you could sheer it out nicely if you wanted.
That's the nicest feature of the EDES: You can build them up to an opaque coverage but you can also blend them out to a sheer wash of color.
eyelove.gif

princess sarah

I plan on getting more colours from this collection exactly for that reason. I love the formula so much more the MES

I can see me walking away with more than 4 EDES .... my list has already gone up from the 3 a few hrs ago
icon_eek.gif

That's the nicest feature of the EDES: You can build them up to an opaque coverage but you can also blend them out to a sheer wash of color.
eyelove.gif

So far I plan on getting one Dramatic Encounter lippie and maybe the Small Vanity blush. I'll have to see swatches of the blush first, but the lipstick is definite!

Naughtyp

Now I kinda want Innocence lipstick as well...ill have to see it in person, I always want coral lips but it washes me out most of the time =( o well money saved right?

GlamQueen21

Outrageously Fun l/s is the only lipstick that I will get from this collection since it looks so pretty! It does remind me of a fusion of Pink Popcorn and Naughty Saute.

sherm

Bright Pink Lip Bag (pending details on the lipstick finish) - me too. Do we have any details about it yet?
The l/s is Lickable, which I think is permanent.

Lip Look Bag in Luxurious Pink:
Call Me Gorgeous Cremesheen Glass
Lickable Lipstick
Great Catch Lip Pencil
Fabulous!! I've been eyeing Lickable for a while anyway! Looks like the pink lip bag and Outrageously Fun are going to be the only lipsticks I haul from GD/holiday sets (still thinking about the purple gloss set). Now I'm ready for some EDES swatches!

martiangurll

The l/s is Lickable, which I think is permanent.

Lip Look Bag in Luxurious Pink:
Call Me Gorgeous Cremesheen Glass
Lickable Lipstick
Great Catch Lip Pencil
This is always the fly in my proverbial ointment with these bags. They always throw in a permanent item, usually one I already have, and make me do that cost benefit analysis in which I say, yeah the price is a good deal for all these products, but yeah, you sort of mathematically want to subtract the price of the perm item because its a dupe then it ends up not being such a good deal? Maybe I should look into professional help for my OCD? Okay, pseudoprofessional help for my pseudo-OCD...?

Rezel

Thanks for the swatches, Rayanna.

The l/s swatches confirmed my suspicion, looks like outrageously fun has a lot of slip like the other cremesheens have. I'm skipping it. I can't deal with cremesheens.

Now the fluidlines are another story. I love feminine edge! It's pink, it's frosty, and it's glittery!
eyelove.gif

UrbanSweetheart

Found some swatches! I think I'll be skipping the fluidlines since they look very glittery. Now we just need swatches of the blushes and ED shadows!

http://notsofashionable.com/2012/09/26/mac-glamour-daze-photos-swatches/
thanks soooo much for the link boo! Those fluidlines look fantastic!!! I'm very happy they're bringing back the Extra Dimension skinfinishes! And are those new Extra Dimension eyeshadows?!
th_drool.gif

ChosenOne

One of the many things that I'm really interested in is the Raven eye kohl, described in this collection as "intense black with red pearl." I know Raven was also part of the Love Lace collection a few years back, so I looked at swatches and most of them look more brown than red to me. Anyone here get Raven the last time it was out? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I guess I just had this clear picture in my head based on the product description and felt a bit let down when I looked at swatches.

liba

One of the many things that I'm really interested in is the Raven eye kohl, described in this collection as "intense black with red pearl." I know Raven was also part of the Love Lace collection a few years back, so I looked at swatches and most of them look more brown than red to me. Anyone here get Raven the last time it was out? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I guess I just had this clear picture in my head based on the product description and felt a bit let down when I looked at swatches.
On me, Raven reads like a reddish burgundy brown, a few shades darker than mid-tone, but nowhere near black. It's one of my all-time favorite eye liners - great for green eyes and making any brown or red family neutral shadows really pop. I bought mine in the days before I'd back things up, so I'm thrilled it's coming back at last!
yahoo.gif