MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

shontay07108

Looks like I don't need any of the lipsticks. Awesome! I need another lipstick like I need a hole in the head. I'm not a big fan of fluidlines, but I am interested in the pink one. I'd like to use it as a base or a color on the lid all on it's own. I'm on an endless search for pinks to wear on the lid that don't turn a shade of gold on my skin. Skipping the glosses, too. I want to see the blushes. I'm happy that this will be a small haul because I fully intend on buying both lip bags in the second part of this collection.

martiangurll

Looks like I don't need any of the lipsticks. Awesome! I need another lipstick like I need a hole in the head. I'm not a big fan of fluidlines, but I am interested in the pink one. I'd like to use it as a base or a color on the lid all on it's own. I'm on an endless search for pinks to wear on the lid that don't turn a shade of gold on my skin. Skipping the glosses, too. I want to see the blushes. I'm happy that this will be a small haul because I fully intend on buying both lip bags in the second part of this collection.
I think I can skip the lippies and focus on the eye products too. I will want the bags, but I am bummed they are red rather than pink. I am excited about brush sets. Yes, the quality isn't as good, but they match and they are short handled, better for klutzy girls like moi.

shontay07108

I hope you are right and it is more taupe than silver.  Not sure what I will do with the pink one, but the black with silver glitter is :drool: I love the quotes.  It was a pretty twisted movie. I think I can skip the lippies and focus on the eye products too.  I will want the bags, but I am bummed they are red rather than pink.  I am excited about brush sets.  Yes, the quality isn't as good, but they match and they are short handled, better for klutzy girls like moi.
I want to feel those brushes. If they're decent enough, not scratchy against my skin then I'll get a set. I think they'll come in handy. I'm on a brush rampage right now. It's really kinda ridiculous, but I don't think you can ever have too many brushes.

Corally

De 'taupe' fluidline does not look taupe to me, more silver. I really hope it's the lighting, if so.. it's back on my list! I need all the taupes in the world.
I hope you are right and it is more taupe than silver.  Not sure what I will do with the pink one, but the black with silver glitter is :drool:
I just realized I typed 'de' instead of 'the'.. sometimes I throw in some Dutch words by accident lol. Oh well, you got my point. :p I don't like them so far but if the 'taupe' is really taupe I'd be sooo happy :love:

MACcrazy

I bet the red is the Viva Glam one like last year.
We didn't hear anything about a VG Nicki bag but I hope they do as I've been debating to BU the l/s or to try the gloss. I literally have not been more excited for a collection in a while this all just seems too good!

lilinah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilinah
[snip]
I really HAVE to get Whisper of Gilt; i got Superb when ED first came out, and now i have brushes that work well with the EDs, so i'm excited. And i CANNOT decide which eye shadows i want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecaramellatte
Just curious, which brushes do you like for the ED Skin Finish? Thanks.

Most of my brushes were from a variety of companies, and mostly natural hair. They worked great with the loose and pressed powder face and eye products i had. But i wasn't happy with how they were working with the Superb ED i got. Even my beloved MAC 188 (smaller than the 187) - which works absolutely fabulously with MAC and NARS pressed powder blushes and MAC Mineralize SFs and blushes - just wasn't doing the trick with Superb. I couldn't seem to get smooth, even coverage - i didn't want a lot of coverage, but what i was getting was a bit spotty.

So i caved and got MAC 130 - short duo fibre brush. It has slightly shorter, more densely packed hairs than the 188 (and the 187). I have found that it works better with Superb. And i use it with the Casual Colour Cremes, too - buffs them out so nicely. I keep it scrupulously clean between uses, of course, 'cuz any creme in the ED and it'll have a ruined spot for sure!

Audrey C

Most of my brushes were from a variety of companies, and mostly natural hair. They worked great with the loose and pressed powder face and eye products i had. But i wasn't happy with how they were working with the Superb ED i got. Even my beloved MAC 188 (smaller than the 187) - which works absolutely fabulously with MAC and NARS pressed powder blushes and MAC Mineralize SFs and blushes - just wasn't doing the trick with Superb. I couldn't seem to get smooth, even coverage - i didn't want a lot of coverage, but what i was getting was a bit spotty.

So i caved and got MAC 130 - short duo fibre brush. It has slightly shorter, more densely packed hairs than the 188 (and the 187). I have found that it works better with Superb. And i use it with the Casual Colour Cremes, too - buffs them out so nicely. I keep it scrupulously clean between uses, of course, 'cuz any creme in the ED and it'll have a ruined spot for sure!
I often use my 130 to apply Nico because I also like a light touch. :)

badassSENORiTA

this is all becoming such a tease, I want everything NOW!!!
clapping.gif

mousygiggles

Ok. Now I am not so excited about the lippeies. The bright one looks like Play Time. Hummm....a lot of the neutral EDES look like ones we have already seen. I want the dark plum one though.

princess sarah

WOW!!!!!! Thankyou so much for these!! This is what I have been waiting on to start to make my list, everything looks so gorgeous and my wallet just got out of my bag and ran away
yahoo.gif

Does anyone else find that Ready to Party looks similar to Young Venus? And that A Natural Flirt might be close to sweet heat??

My List for now (hopefully doesn’t get much bigger)
· Divine Blue EDES
· Stylish Merry EDES
· Round Midnught EDES
· Feminine Edge Fluidline
· Little Black Bow Fluidline
· Raven Kohl
· Orpheus Kohl
· Im The One Blush (Maybe, waiting for more swatches)
· Outrageously Fun Lipstick (maybe, iffy about CS finish)
· Bright Pink Lip Bag (pending details on the lipstick finish)
· Brush Set – Classic or Advance (wish you could mix and match, I like brushes from both but will decide soon)

TheLadyDanger

thanks so much for the link!!! Everything looks so lovely, but i need to get things I know that i will use.

Now my list is:
Outrageously Fun OR Dramatic Encounter lipsticks (i just need one lol)

MAYBE:
Tall Dark Handsome
Whisper of Gilt (Im in love with my nars albatross so idk if i really need this)
Feminine Edge (Im hoping its not as glittery in the pic and hope its just the flash that makes it look extra glittery. If not I can just cross this out lol)
Albatross and Whisper of Gilt are different from one another so I say get it (if you can)! I have both and Albatross is lighter and comes off more white gold while Whisper of Gilt comes off more gold/champagme.

Audrey C

Albatross and Whisper of Gilt are different from one another so I say get it (if you can)! I have both and Albatross is lighter and comes off more white gold while Whisper of Gilt comes off more gold/champagme.
I agree - they are nothing alike. Different colours, different finishes...WoG was way too metallic for me (even buffed), but Albatross is fine.

luvlydee

you just sold me on whisper of gilt lol it sounds beautiful

peachsuns

Found some swatches! I think I'll be skipping the fluidlines since they look very glittery. Now we just need swatches of the blushes and ED shadows!

http://notsofashionable.com/2012/09/26/mac-glamour-daze-photos-swatches/
OMG. *faint* Thank you so much for the link, RayannaBanana!
Fluidlines might be too sparkly for me. The pink blush looks pretty.
eyelove.gif
Hope to see more swatches soon!

Urmi

Bright Pink Lip Bag (pending details on the lipstick finish) - me too. Do we have any details about it yet?

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Bright Pink Lip Bag (pending details on the lipstick finish) - me too. Do we have any details about it yet?
The l/s is Lickable, which I think is permanent.

Lip Look Bag in Luxurious Pink:
Call Me Gorgeous Cremesheen Glass
Lickable Lipstick
Great Catch Lip Pencil

luvlydee

does anyone one know if EDES are good for setting liners? if tall dark handsome is really really black ill pick it up and if i get scared to use it as shadow ill just set my liners with it lol