MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

Miss Dynamite

I wanna know what those 2 pink swatches are above the lipsticks. And the 2 purple lipsticks don't look purple at all to me, and I know they will look brown on me, so they are a skip.

gracie90

Also, the blush in the corner of the fist pic looks GORGEOUS! No clue which one it is though. I'll have to look at the colour story again!

Copperhead

thanks so much for the link!!! Everything looks so lovely, but i need to get things I know that i will use.

Now my list is:
Outrageously Fun OR Dramatic Encounter lipsticks (i just need one lol)

MAYBE:
Tall Dark Handsome
Whisper of Gilt (Im in love with my nars albatross so idk if i really need this)
Feminine Edge (Im hoping its not as glittery in the pic and hope its just the flash that makes it look extra glittery. If not I can just cross this out lol)
You're not contemplating any of the Power Kohl liners?

luvlydee

I wanna know what those 2 pink swatches are above the lipsticks. And the 2 purple lipsticks don't look purple at all to me, and I know they will look brown on me, so they are a skip.
I think the pinks its the same lipsticks below it (beauty, and outrageously fun) maybe she decided to reswatch it so that she can properly fit all the lipsticks? Purples usually dont photograph the same unless u have a really good camera so dont cross them out just yet! lol

tats

Found some swatches! I think I'll be skipping the fluidlines since they look very glittery. Now we just need swatches of the blushes and ED shadows!

http://notsofashionable.com/2012/09/26/mac-glamour-daze-photos-swatches/
Thank you for sharing.
I love all the lipsticks
eyelove.gif
I just hope I will be able to afford them all
angelic.gif

luvlydee

You're not contemplating any of the Power Kohl liners?
nah. im good with my urban decay perversion liner. lol thats why my list is so small. i think everything looks awesome but i gotta be smart and just get things i know i will actually use. I have too much makeup thats just sitting in my drawer. I might end up having to do a sale soon. lol

Copperhead

nah. im good with my urban decay perversion liner. lol thats why my list is so small. i think everything looks awesome but i gotta be smart and just get things i know i will actually use. I have too much makeup thats just sitting in my drawer. I might end up having to do a sale soon. lol
I hear you. Not to enable you but those Kohl liners make nice e/s bases as well. Using Club e/s on top of Mystery pencil is a really nice look. I know what you mean about getting things that you know you'll use though. That's what I keep telling myself that I need to do too.
girlhaha.gif

Corally

Wow, the fluidlines are not my colors and way too glittery for me :( The're off my list. Now it's down to 9 including maybes. May also buy a set but not sure which one! Lipsticks: Innocence - soft coral (F) Glamourdaze - midtone creamy plum (CS) Dramatic Encounter - deep purple (A) Extra Dimension Eyeshadow: A Natural Flirt - soft peachy nude Round Midnight - dark burgundy Stolen Moment - dark taupe Powder Blush: I'm the One - midtone blue pink Easy Manner - light dirty peach Small Vanity - dusty rose tan

gracie90

Quote: Originally Posted by Anneri
I want to use the taupe one and the taupe edes together!

Ooooh great idea! As I'm planning on getting both then I'm definitely going to try this. I
heart.gif
taupe!

Audrey C

Hm...this trims my list.

Taupe EDES - almost certainly

A Natural Flirt - if it isn't too light (and it looks like it might be)

Glamourdaze - need to see more swatches

This might be a one-hit wonder for me.

VampyCouture

I was never going to get the fluidlines, but after seeing the swatches I'm still not sure what to knock down on my list. Will need to see more swatches.

Definitely only getting Superb instead of both WoG and Superb.

Kaidan

Found some swatches! I think I'll be skipping the fluidlines since they look very glittery. Now we just need swatches of the blushes and ED shadows!

http://notsofashionable.com/2012/09/26/mac-glamour-daze-photos-swatches/
Thank you so much for the link! :D

My list is almost the same as last time, but with "maybe" options. I'm still interested in Beauty and Outrageously Fun, but I'd like to see more swatches of Innocence (the color looks promising but I don't want it to be some hot frosty mess) and Dramatic Encounter. The fluidlines are a skip for me and the EDES eyeshadows are on my maybe list.

luvlydee

I hear you. Not to enable you but those Kohl liners make nice e/s bases as well. Using Club e/s on top of Mystery pencil is a really nice look. I know what you mean about getting things that you know you'll use though. That's what I keep telling myself that I need to do too.
girlhaha.gif
how dare you make suggestions! lmao watch the liners end up in my cart because of you
amuse.gif

Genn

Outrageously fun kind of looks like Pink popcorn to me. I have PP plus a b/u so I can skip that one.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I want to use the taupe one and the taupe edes together!
Oh, good idea. I was never interested in Fluidlines, but these look lovely. I'm starting to stay away from glittery stuff lately, so I won't get any of those. But they are very pretty to look at.