MAC Holiday 2012 Glamour Daze / Fabulousness / Guilty Passions Collection Discussion

Copperhead

how dare you make suggestions! lmao watch the liners end up in my cart because of you
amuse.gif
girlhaha.gif

Now I feel like I should say I'm sorry.

lyseD

Thanks for the link! Yay! Glamourdaze is still on my list. I may have to add two more lipsticks now. The ED shadows look so similar to the last release. What's going on? Why not just rerelease those shadows rather than making some so similar soon after? Do you think these are really the same colors and they just changed the name because they are smaller?
I thought some of them looked really similar -- the burgundy one looks exactly like rich core in the photos and the taupe looks like modern pewter. That said, I doubt they would release the EXACT colours so soon and change there names.

I'm just happy there are three or four I can skip because of the EDs I already have.

lyseD

Hope you don't mind me re-posting later in the thread.

......and HERE IT IS!
bigstar.gif

Glamour Daze Collection
Release Date: October 25, 2012

Lipsticks:
Beauty - pale cool pink (G)
Innocence - soft coral (F)
Glamourdaze - midtone creamy plum (CS)
Outrageously Fun - midtone magenta violet (CS)
Dramatic Encounter - deep purple (A)

Lipglass:
Impossibly Sweet - sheer soft pink with multi-dimensional pearl
Deliciously Demure - soft cool brown with pearl
Talk Softly To Me - light creamy coral pink
Pink Fade - light creamy pink
Flight of Fancy - rich purple

Extra Dimension Skinfinish:
Whisper of Gilt
Superb

Extra Dimension Eyeshadow:
A Natural Flirt - soft peachy nude
Divine Blue - midtone aqua
Ready to Party - pale lilac
Stylish Merry - midtone dusty violet
Tall Dark and Handsome - black with pearl
Evening Grey - steel silver
Round Midnight - dark burgundy
Stolen Moment - dark taupe

Fluidlines:
Catch My Eye - cool taupe grey with dazzle pearl
Little Black Bow - charcoal with dazzle pearl
Feminine Edge - pink mauve with dazzle pearl

Kohl Power Eye Pencil:
Raven - intense black with red pearl
Orpheus - intense black with gold pearl
Mystery - intense black with green pearl
Feline - intense black with black pearl

Powder Blush:
I'm the One - midtone blue pink
Easy Manner - light dirty peach
Small Vanity - dusty rose tan

Nail Lacquer:
Endless Night
Girl Trouble
In the Limelight
Everything that Glitters

Pinkdollface

Thanks for the link! I hope Outrageously Fun will be like Play Time, it reminds me of that one. Feminine Edge and Catch My Eye fluidlines are ligher than expected, but that might me nice for a change. I think that all the fluidlines will fit very well in the holiday season, because of the glitter!
I will probably skip Dramatic Encounter lipstick, because I might get one of the new YSL pur couture matte lipsticks. I swatched them today after Shontay was raving about them in one of the Mac threads and I really like the dark 205 one and I can get it with 40% off. I can also get other lipsticks with 40% off including Chanel, so that will be dangerous tomorrow
girlhaha.gif

mtrimier

oh good, i have a small list for the color products, lol! just both the EDS because i missed them, feminine edge and either mystery or orpheus.
still pondering what to get from the kits.

singer82

Thanks for the link! I'm so happy were already seeing swatches! :happydance: I love me some fluidlines, but these look so light. I'm hoping it's just the flash on the camera. Def want little black bow though. Avenue has glitter but it's not rough. I have really sensitive eyes and don't have issues with it. I do plan on getting all 3 of the new kohls though. Beauty and Outrageously Fun l/s's will be mine! Not too sure bout the others which is good. Cause before swatches I wanted them all. I have ever hip, flamingo, and cut a caper so not sure if I need Innocence. The plum and purple lippies aren't what I expected. I thought they'd be more purple I think. Thank goodness some of my yes's are turning into maybes. But you still never know after other swatches appear. The shadows are what will get me. I love the ED formula.

bulbasaur359

Looking forward to this. Can't buy everything unfortunately but would love more f/l's and a lippie plus a EDSF as I missed out on those.

bobbiedoll03

Finally no lipsticks tickle my fancy!!!

My list is standing now at
Superb EDSF
Possibly Tall Dark and Handsome and Stolen moment EDES (I have been very into neutral looks and smokey looks)
Mystery kohl power
Small vanity blush and maybe the pink blush depending on how it swatches

Bliur

Mmmmm my list is short (for now):

Both Superb and Whisper of Gilt
Small Vanity
(Easy Manner) - waiting for swatches, maybe it's too similar to Legendary from the MM collection to have both
hmm.gif

MRV

TY for the swatch link!! I will skip the pink FL but most of the other stuff is still on my list! The plum l/s looks kind of interesting but I know it will not look good on me. Also the matching glosses to the coral and pink-purple lippies look cute, but I have to stay away from glosses.

I also hope to see EDES swatches. There are some familiar shades indeed.

kimbunney

If OF is anything like Playtime then I must get a BU because Playtime is my favorite MAC lipstick and it's less than 50% left!
Thanks for the link! I hope Outrageously Fun will be like Play Time, it reminds me of that one. Feminine Edge and Catch My Eye fluidlines are ligher than expected, but that might me nice for a change. I think that all the fluidlines will fit very well in the holiday season, because of the glitter!
I will probably skip Dramatic Encounter lipstick, because I might get one of the new YSL pur couture matte lipsticks. I swatched them today after Shontay was raving about them in one of the Mac threads and I really like the dark 205 one and I can get it with 40% off. I can also get other lipsticks with 40% off including Chanel, so that will be dangerous tomorrow
girlhaha.gif

OctoberViolet

Sorry I'm late to the party. Tx you so very much RayannaBanana for the link. Another Detective in the house
th_sign_woot.gif
. I love the lipstick swatches. Especially Beauty which shocks me because usually light lippies like that don't interest me, but I may have to buy a bu with this one. Not sure about the fluidlines. Have never used them before and with my eyes being so sensitive and with all the glitter...well that may not be a good mix for me. I am definitely interested in the shadows. Not sure which one(s) I want, but I know I want a lot of them. Can't wait for this collection to come out.

Found some swatches! I think I'll be skipping the fluidlines since they look very glittery. Now we just need swatches of the blushes and ED shadows!

http://notsofashionable.com/2012/09/26/mac-glamour-daze-photos-swatches/

luvlydee

If OF is anything like Playtime then I must get a BU because Playtime is my favorite MAC lipstick and it's less than 50% left!
i wish it would be like playtime because that is one of my favorite lipsticks but playtime is described as intense violet and OF is midtone magenta violet

AniBEE

Now that I've seen swatch I think I'll be passing on the Fluidlines as well. I can ge the same look with the glitters I own. lol
Catch My Eye - cool taupe grey with dazzle pearl (looked silver to me), Little Black Bow l was nice however I might pick that once up.

My list keeps getting smaller. :(

lilinah

I was in my local MAC testing the Marilyn collection (i'm only getting Preferred Blonde e/s), and the MUA and i were chatting about how cute the Holiday collection looks, when she said she thought she had gotten one holiday item in! So she went into the wayback and came out with a fairly flat, moderate sized red cardboard box with black leopard spots on it.

I felt very special and so excited as she opened the box - she hadn't even looked in it yet - and carefully slid out the tissue wrapped contents. I was almost breathless as she delicately pulled back the white tissue. I think it was one of the lip sets that has lipstick, gloss, and liner, but i really didn't care about that. I was eager to see what the leopard spotted bag looked like.

I can end speculation.

The leopard bags are of satiny cloth covered with clear vinyl.

In this case, the cloth was red (looks pink in photos because of light reflection), the outer plastic covering had black leopard spots printed on it, and the lining was also transparent plastic printed with a black lace pattern - so the red fabric shows through both on the inside and out.

She commented that she was glad they weren't cloth because she knows she would get hers messed up, but with plastic she can wipe off the inside and outside to keep them clean. I liked the way it mixed shiny solid colored cloth with the printed plastic overlays, so it doesn't look as cheesy as printed opaque plastic, and is more practical than a satin cloth cover would be.

This clutch bag has a closure like an old fashioned coin purse and looks large enough to carry as an evening bag -- to me, anyway -- it looked as if it could hold a cellphone, money clip, credit card case, and lipstick.

I can't wait to see those upholstered boxes with the black plastic bows. She thought she might have some next week...

lilinah

Quote: Originally Posted by Anitacska
I love the fluidlines because they're so sparkly!

Me, too! I love a little sparkle on my eyes! I can't wait to test them in person!