MAC - In the Groove Discussion

dreamer246

^^ I just told myself that I don't need Her Own Devices BP because I already own Happy Together blush and love it. Well ok, maybe they're not that similar, but that doesn't mean I have to get every single damn product that MAC releases just because they're slightly different. I should start learning to love what I have more.

sayah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momolovesmac
Any experts here on how to wear Style Influencer? Havent tried it sinced I bought it....cant figure out how to wear it...Photos much appreciated
th_worship.gif

If it's any consolation, I'm having the same trouble. I usually use the white on the inner lid, the blue as a liner and some other shadow as a pop of colour.

Momolovesmac

I have no problems using the white & blue...its the brown that is giving me trouble
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayah
If it's any consolation, I'm having the same trouble. I usually use the white on the inner lid, the blue as a liner and some other shadow as a pop of colour.

romi79_2008

I need some advice for the MES from this collection, if you leave aside the purple, green and blue one , the rest are pretty much neutrals, and I just can`t decide, so if you have them and used them I need some recs for 1 or 2 of them

LMD84

the only one that i was interested in was blue my mind. however i didn't end up getting it because i wanted to splurge on the lip products insted
smiles.gif

I need some advice for the MES from this collection, if you leave aside the purple, green and blue one , the rest are pretty much neutrals, and I just can`t decide, so if you have them and used them I need some recs for 1 or 2 of them

marajode

I have three of the MES: Togetherness, Blue My Mind, and In the Groove. Of those three, Blue My Mind is my favorite
eyelove.gif
. I love that blue center color, and having the lighter blue and black make this an MES that I can use alone. I really love the center blue color applied damp to the bottom lashline too, with other eyeshadows.
In the Groove is my second favorite. Again the second color is so pretty, and the two lighter colors are nice. I wish the two lighter were more pigmented, but they work.
Then, Togetherness. I think Togetherness is pretty, but for some reason, not so much on me.
If I had to recommend one, it would be the Blue one. I'm not sure if you were looking for a neutral one or not.

martiangurll

I have In the Groove which I really like. It is peachy and ruddy brown with a caramel taupe color...

katred

Specktra Bestie
You know, it's funny, because as late as last week, I was convinced that I'd made a mistake with this one. Then just the other day, I decided to give it a try and holy cow, it looked way better! At first I was perplexed as to how I could have been so off, but what I've realised is that previously, I was trying it on when my skin was its "summer colour". There isn't that huge a difference, but it was enough to really change the appearance of the colour next to my skin. So something I picked up from a midsummer collection is going to be a great fall/ winter choice for me. Whatevs.

Just popping by to say that I think Jazzed is one of the most perfect peachy lipsticks ever! Mega love from me!
eyelove.gif

dreamer246

I got my Stereo Rose at last, and tried it on yesterday. Was much sheerer than I thought it would be, because it looked so crazily orange in the pan; I had to layer it on twice to get the desired color on me. On me, it looked less orangey and less dramatic than Marine Life. It is pretty no doubt about that, but nothing overly spectacular. I'm now convinced that the elevated product status is mainly due to the hype and not the actual product itself.

I have another one coming to me in the mail, and if I ever decide to let go of one, you ladies will be the first to know.
winks.gif

Nzsallyb

I got my Stereo Rose at last, and tried it on yesterday. Was much sheerer than I thought it would be, because it looked so crazily orange in the pan; I had to layer it on twice to get the desired color on me. On me, it looked less orangey and less dramatic than Marine Life. It is pretty no doubt about that, but nothing overly spectacular. I'm now convinced that the elevated product status is mainly due to the hype and not the actual product itself.

I have another one coming to me in the mail, and if I ever decide to let go of one, you ladies will be the first to know.
winks.gif
good work! i am the same as you, i think it is just been hyped sooooo much

still loving and wearing my hang loose blush!

PinkBasset

I have worn Stereo Rose once or twice since I got it in July. I don't think it lives up the hype, it's an okay blush. I still need to try Hang Loose and Band Of Roses, I think they are better for fall/winter for me, I wasn't in the mood for wearing them when it was hot.
smiles.gif
And I agree with Winnie, Happy Together is lovely!

liba

I think the hype about Stereo Rose is that when it first came out, you didn't see a lot of strong coral colors for cheeks, plus MSFs were still so new, so it blew people away.

Now it seems more normal, but it's still very flattering. I got lot of use out of it in the summer.

kiss

I love my Stereo Rose for the corally healthy glow it gives me. It's a very good quality product. Even if everyone hated it, I would still love it and Marine Life.
blush-anim-cl.gif

Fiberluver

^I agree.

SR and ML are two of the best products I purchased this year. I even got back-ups!!!

I love wearing ML by itself and layering SR over other peachy, brown, coral and red blushes.

I even tried it with a plum blush but I like it with warm colors best.

I've worn my ML so much the design has almost worn away.

Experimentation is good! and so is layering, highlighting and contouring!

katred

Specktra Bestie
^ Heartily agree on both SR and ML. They really are worthy of their hype. I've worn each of them a lot since picking them up.

dreamer246

Hey I've decided to sell off one of my Stereo Rose. It's going for $40 shipped (additional $1.50 for registered), which was the price I paid for it. It's in very good condition, dome's still intact. Anybody interested, please PM me. Thanks!