MAC Lightness Of Being Collection (Dec 26, 2014)

elegant-one

Save the highlighting for the inner corner of the eye and for the cheekbones of the faces.
girlhaha.gif
I've never done the under brow highlighting. It just never looked right to my eye.
th_kiss.gif

Marsha Pomells

Concealer around the brow? Under the eye highlighting (I'm guilty for that, after using concealer and foundation). I just do not get the whole brow concealing business, is there any point in using concealer around the brows???

MandyVanHook

While I haven't been highlighting my brow much lately, I can't say that I won't do it anymore at all. I refuse to impose makeup rules on myself. My tastes change too frequently for that! I'm just not big on makeup rules. My only rule is to do what makes you feel good about yourself. :)

Monsy

My only rule is to do what makes you feel good about yourself.
smiles.gif
exactly!

who cares what's in or popular? if it's IN doesn't mean it will look good on everyone. Let's just look at this trend of OVER contouring , over drawn fake eyebrows with concealer around them of course, outlined lips (waaaay outside the lip lines) ... just this whole trend that IG makeup "experts" are pushing. And most of them look like drag queens (sorry I am not sorry).

Marsha Pomells

exactly! who cares what's in or popular?  if it's IN doesn't mean it will look good on everyone. Let's just look at this trend of OVER contouring , over drawn fake eyebrows with concealer around them of course, outlined lips (waaaay outside the lip lines) ... just this whole trend that IG makeup "experts" are pushing. And most of them look like drag queens (sorry I am not sorry). 
This is what I don't do:- Concealer around the brows Blush. I used to wear blush, but I just don't know why I stopped wearing it

erine1881

Concealer around the brow? Under the eye highlighting (I'm guilty for that, after using concealer and foundation). I just do not get the whole brow concealing business, is there any point in using concealer around the brows???
It's for the carved brow look. But sadly many people use the wrong colour and it gives them halo brows.

miss0annette

exactly! who cares what's in or popular?  if it's IN doesn't mean it will look good on everyone. Let's just look at this trend of OVER contouring , over drawn fake eyebrows with concealer around them of course, outlined lips (waaaay outside the lip lines) ... just this whole trend that IG makeup "experts" are pushing. And most of them look like drag queens (sorry I am not sorry). 
Omg, AmEn sista!

daphnejacoba

My thoughts on concealer around the brows-if you need to go in and cleanup with concealer around your brows, honey you need to relearn how to do your brows. Learn how to do it right the first time without making a mess. Don't rely on the concealer to be there to clean up your mistakes. I saw someone on IG doin brows and he jacked that shit up and then just left it up to the concealer to go in and clean up everything. You know know you have skill if you can do it right the first time. I do not contour. I will not contour. It only looks right in certain situations such as photoshoots when you have the appropriate lighting, and during the daylight out on the sidewalk ain't one of them. When you don't have the right kind of lighting at the right angle, it looks all kinds of wrong, and there's no arguing it. And im not a fish. I don't wanna look like a fish. Lip products belong on your lips, not your face. So that's that.
I'll argue it! Lol. I think if it's done lightly and with the correct shades that it can look natural in real-life situations. Totally agree on the brow thing, though! Just do it right from the beginning.

Monsy

Honestly I am tired of women/girls coming in asking for exact dupe of Kylie Jenner lips preferably if it's less than 2$
also so many of them coming and asking about contour products and how to do it

I had this crazy customer telling me she needs to have very heavy foundation and it has to look heavy and cakey like everyone has to see that she has foundation on because if it's not THAT heavy then her "contour" doesn't show up

GOD help me!

Marsha Pomells

I'll argue it! Lol. I think if it's done lightly and with the correct shades that it can look natural in real-life situations. Totally agree on the brow thing, though! Just do it right from the beginning.
I haven't tried to contour, because I believe that I'm still a novice when it comes to makeup, but I still love to experiment with different looks and colours. Especially with my eyes and lips. But other than that, it's just the basics with added primers and liners

daphnejacoba

I haven't tried to contour, because I believe that I'm still a novice when it comes to makeup, but I still love to experiment with different looks and colours. Especially with my eyes and lips. But other than that, it's just the basics with added primers and liners
My problem is that I have a round lollipop head and I hate it lol. I used to try to get rid of my moon face by losing weight, but it's still here. I got way too thin at one point and I looked so unbalanced... stick thin body and a super round face. Anyway, now I contour and it looks SO much better to me. It's definitely not for everyone, though!

elegant-one

Honestly I am tired of women/girls coming in asking for exact dupe of Kylie Jenner lips preferably if it's less than 2$

I had this crazy customer telling me she needs to have very heavy foundation and it has to look heavy and cakey like everyone has to see that she has foundation on because if it's not THAT heavy then her "contour" doesn't show up

GOD help me!
girlhaha.gif
greengrin.gif
th_roll1.gif

Shars

GOD help me!
Oh my days!!
thud.gif