MAC - MAC Fall Color Discussion

DILLIGAF

I'm sure its already been mentioned but I set Feline with NYX black shadow. Now that I'm thinking about it maybe I should try it with UD Blackout.

PixieDancer

HeeHee! I'm a nutso about it! I deep clean my brushes every other day, even though I have multiples of most of my favs, just because I HATE to see my precious brushes in a canister all dirty!

And I am disappointed about FP, but the 2 looks I've tried I love so much, I'll still use it. Just not as much as I probably would have. Oh well, you can't win 'em all.
thud.gif

PixieDancer

I didn't get that vibe at all [refers to chatter on Iris thread].... HeeHee Bring your nasteeeeeee brushes over here! We gotta clean you, I mean "them" up dear!
friends.gif

princess sarah

I just realised I have not used my angle flame quad since I got it!!! hmmm... I think that is one that i need to crank out asap and do a look for the day for my blog

PixieDancer

PLEASE DO!! I'd like to know if you have trouble with Feather Pink as well! And, I would love to see a different "look!"

I just realised I have not used my angle flame quad since I got it!!! hmmm... I think that is one that i need to crank out asap and do a look for the day for my blog

princess sarah

Yeh I have been getting so much new makeup lately not only from MAC, but inglot and occ that I keep missing this quad.

I will give it a shot in the next day or 2 with my new lip tars

Mac-Guy

You haven't tried it yet? Please do, it's gorgeous. The color palette reminds me more of Spring colors anyway, so it's even better for you in AUS.

Piarpreet

vegas? its a lil far from me... (indiana) and in 7 days it will be even further (spain).
i wanna go some time though. i cant gamble cos of my religion but look around, go to shows, be around some luxury for a moment lol. indiana has no sense of glamour whatsoever lol. if i lived closed id give you my nastee blushes. lol

i disinfect my lippies regularly and all make up that cream... and sometimes the poders but the brushes i never deep clean them... generally spray brush cleanser and whatever comes off good if its still dirty or colored britsles then.... whatever lol

princess sarah

I used my angel flame quad today and was a little disappointed, I dont know if it is because I used nubile as the base and it has dulled the colours or if I need to scrap the top layer off 3 of the 4 colours. This is the first time I have used it and I havent even swatched it to have a thin layer across the shadow. Has anyone else had this problem?

PixieDancer

YES! Just the page before this I expressed the EXACT same problem! Only my problem is focused solely on Feather Pink. That's why I wanted to hear your feedback. Seems this quad just has some issues. Even though, I do get some really nice looks out of it if I REALLY try with that pink color!

I used my angel flame quad today and was a little disappointed, I dont know if it is because I used nubile as the base and it has dulled the colours or if I need to scrap the top layer off 3 of the 4 colours. This is the first time I have used it and I havent even swatched it to have a thin layer across the shadow. Has anyone else had this problem?

Piarpreet

This quad did not sell very well. Still online and when I went to Indy I saw them wrapped beautifully (I guess to sell them faster lol) and they had 12 left! like... wow 12!

PixieDancer

I noticed that too! They had A LOT left at my MAC store as well. I am a sucker for pinks and oranges... and this quad had them both! Plus a pretty highlight shade that people seemed to like. Figured it was a win. Maybe I will just find better dupes and create my own quad. Kinda makes me happy I passed on MPP, since I don't need another hard to work with pink!
I do like the 2 looks I tried, so it isn't hopeless. Just not what I expected.

princess sarah

The swatches i saw online i thought the colour pay off would be really rich, but I do find that Nubile does tend to dull some colours out so im going to try it on a white base as well as just primer to see if that makes a difference.

Gravel seemed to be the only one that was very pigmented, where as feathered pink and chamomile I really had to pack the colour onto my lid to get it to show up at all. Angel Flame itself was even more of a struggle to get to show up.

I will try more options and post back later today

princess sarah

Thanks! Yeh thats the look I went to work with today, I think perhaps it was the base I used and being used to more brighter colours that made me critical after I looked at the pics that I took for my blog.

Im going to try it again later on a white base to see if that makes a difference
That's a great look Sarah! You've inspired me to try it out tomorrow for work.