MAC - MAC Fall Color Discussion

princess sarah

I had to pack the chamomile and feather pink to get them to those colours, I think i went back to the quad about 3 times before i started to blend but I think Nubile had something to do with that, I find it tends to fade certain colours. Once i went over the photos I realised I had been a bit critical on the quad because of my bright colour obsession. Im going to swatch it on myself later on milk

PixieDancer

It's definitely a more demure palette. It's not supposed to be super vibrant. I just didn't think that FP should be SO difficult to work with. The first couple passes with it, nothing showed up at all on my lid! I used UDPP once and Painterly PP the other time. Using Milk is a good idea. I'll have to give that a try too. Post the swatches w/ Milk if you can! Thanks!

I had to pack the chamomile and feather pink to get them to those colours, I think i went back to the quad about 3 times before i started to blend but I think Nubile had something to do with that, I find it tends to fade certain colours. Once i went over the photos I realised I had been a bit critical on the quad because of my bright colour obsession. Im going to swatch it on myself later on milk

xasperadastra

I really like my Angel Flame quad instead ^^ colors are soft.. I wouldn't call this a bright quad because these are not "strong" colors. As a base I use painterly or rubenesque if I use angel fire

princess sarah

I did have painterly and then gave it to my best friend because I thought it was going to be similar to Nubile when I ordered it from Canada. That is one paint pot that I do need to invest in again for sure.

Mac-Guy

It's lighter and more neutral than Nubile. Painterly is also matte whereas Nubile has a sheen. In theory, these are very different products for different purposes. I hope you can make Angel Flame work for you as it is a beautiful quad.

PixieDancer

Do you have Painterly. IMO, this quad works best with Painterly.

My UDPP in Eden (which is a matte primer) worked better for me than Painterly did. But that was just my experience so far with the Angel Flame quad. The only color that's difficult for me is FP. I liked the softer tones of this quad from the start. Just need FP to show up!

Richelle83

So, has anyone been on Macy's site and seen the promo pics for this collection? I kinda wouldn't mind having the midnight blue one as a painting lol.

Piarpreet

does UDPP in eden dry you out? my lids become cakey and super dry :( but love it's concealing power....

My UDPP in Eden (which is a matte primer) worked better for me than Painterly did. But that was just my experience so far with the Angel Flame quad. The only color that's difficult for me is FP. I liked the softer tones of this quad from the start. Just need FP to show up!

PixieDancer

No it doesn't. But, I've learned that with Eden a VERY little goes a long way or it does cake up. The bottle lasts me forever because I touch the wand to each eyelid once & then spread that out over the whole area. AND, on the UD site, the old bottle is on sale for only $10 right now!!!
I LOVE Eden. I use the original formula a lot too.

GlamQueen21

I saw that Violetta last week and it is weird but happy that it made it perm on the regular website for those who have been wanting that lipstick for awhile! Gorgeous color!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Violetta is fabulous. I encourage anyone who doesn't have it to get it NOW. NOW, I SAY!

iagree.gif