MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

missah

Sigh. There are so many collections coming out in August/September, I'm worried about being able to afford it all! I'm fine for Cindy Sherman & Posh paradise but the MAC me over collection is quite worrisome, considering its my bfs bday a few weeks before and I have to save for that before this... Hopefully I'll be able to get:
-226 Brush [definitely!]
-1 Blush [I LOVE blushes, i'll need swatches to choose 1!]
-Avenue Fluidline [maybe, i dont wear eyeliner too much]
-1 e/s [maybe... I'll have to see swatches first]
-3 Lipglasses/lipsticks [I'm a lippie person:)]
Hopefully this collection wont run out too fast... :(

LMD84

Here's a strange thing I found. Not sure if it's related or not. I found this link, which purports to be about the Bloggers' Obsessions collection:

http://cosmeticsmag.com/?p=11316

but the images actually look like products from Mac Me Over. That does look like the Lady Grey quad, the polishes match two of the descriptions we have and there are shadesticks. Since we probably won't get any info from Mac until about three hours before the collection sells out on line, I thought I'd share...
how random! great find! and yes it does look like an image from this collection :)

Clash 24/7 Shadow Pencil…even Stitch loves it! - for the interested here is the latest specktra blog post :)

PinkBasset

By the way, those who bought Dark Diversion when it released with Stylishly Yours, do you find it drier than other fluidlines? Mine seems a bit dry, and it's harder to pick up and apply than others.
shrugs.gif

wishonastar

By the way, those who bought Dark Diversion when it released with Stylishly Yours, do you find it drier than other fluidlines? Mine seems a bit dry, and it's harder to pick up and apply than others.
shrugs.gif
Nope, it is perfectly fine. I find fluidlines thinner than Bobbi Brown gel liners.

katred

Specktra Bestie
shrugs.gif

I don't know that I'd say I found it dryer, but I do find that I need more product on this one (and with Ivy from Mickey Contractor) to make an opaque line. That said, one of my favourite ways to use Dark Diversion isn't as a liner at all, but as an all-over base.

I'm almost out of Blacktrack and I've been wondering whether or not to switch to the Bobbi Brown gel liner in black. I'm undecided on any of the fluidlines from this collection, although the blackened green seems like it might be a nice, subtle variation from black.

OctoberViolet

I want to see some pictures & then swatches. I have a pretty big list for MAC Me Over and I would like to cut it down since there are so many other collections coming out & I know I will be buying from them as well. I am hoping that the Prince Noir lipstick is a true deep blue-purple based lipstick with no pink or red in it. Like a darker more matte version of Go For It would please me just fine.
eyelove.gif

Alisha1

shrugs.gif

Mine seems perfectly fine - not dry at all

Mac-Guy

It's not the softest of all brushes but I would not call it scratchy either. It probably depends on your skin and how sensitive you are to the darker bristles. I always find the white bristles more soft.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I want to see some pictures & then swatches. I have a pretty big list for MAC Me Over and I would like to cut it down since there are so many other collections coming out & I know I will be buying from them as well. I am hoping that the Prince Noir lipstick is a true deep blue-purple based lipstick with no pink or red in it. Like a darker more matte version of Go For It would please me just fine.
eyelove.gif

th_drool.gif

It's funny, because the Fashion Week images we got of Prince Noir didn't make it look purple to me- more like a dark red. But I'm certainly not going to object if it turns out more purple.

cutegingerbread

I think this will be my favorite collection of 2011! So many repromotes I missed out on!
yahoo.gif

Prelim list:

Offshoot Mid-tone neutral pink (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)

Illicit Creamy neutral pink (Repromote) (Limited Edition)
Social Light Neutral pink with pearlized pigments (Limited Edition)
[h=4][/h] [h=3]Lady Grey Eyeshadow Quad (Limited Edition)[/h] All Races Cool light taupe mauve (Matte) (Repromote) (Limited Edition)
TendersmokeMuted silver lilac (Frost) (Repromote) (Limited Edition)
Lady Grey Light frosted green-grey (Satin) (Limited Edition)
Hazy DayMid-tone grey (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)

Creamy Bisque Mid-tone ivory with pearlized pigments (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Moleskin Nude brown (Matte) (Limited Edition)
Carbonized Frosty dark brown (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
[h=3][/h] Butternutty Frosted light neutral (Repromote) (Limited Edition)
Cakeshop Frosted pewter (Repromote) (Limited Edition)

226 Small Tapered Blending Brush ($TBA) (Limited Edition)

mac_atemywallet.gif

MissAbbyLovesIt

I'm not sure if these photos were seen but swatches of Prince Noir and Runaway Red are here. I'm guessing the models with the burgundy lips are wearing Prince Noir?

http://www.richienickel.com/2011/05/backstage-holly-fulton-lfw-aw-2011.html

DILLIGAF

I had a huge list when I 1st saw this color story but as I read the thread a few things got taken out. I'm sure that once swatches hit my list will most likely shrink even more. Currently these are my lemmings:

• Evil Eye Quad
  • Carbonized e/s: Frosty dark brown
  • Outre: Mid-tone mustard (matte)
  • Avenue f/l: Charcoal black with gold pearlized pigments
  • 226 Brush x2

Items that started out on my list and got dropped like a bad habit:

1. Midnight Blue f/l : I already have Siahi and love it too much to invest in something that close to it.
  2. Dark Envy f/l: I recently got Shale f/l from the CCOs again too similar IMHO
  3. Prince Noir l/s: Honestly once I saw the pics on Richie Nickle's site I immediately of Night Violent Mattene with a gloss.

sss215

The 226 is be repromoted in this collection. Does anyone already have it? I heard it was scratchy.

lies, all lies! lol, mine is very soft. no problems with it at all, should be perm.

Fall lips are totally mid 90's make up. These colors are taking me back!

Icecaramellatte

Speaking of Flammable. I just ran across this video where the youtuber layered Pink Bronze over Flammable. So pretty! Another thing to want. Here's the link if you're interested:

http://youtu.be/-XXaV1j1tYI
It's time for a Flammable p/p. It would work so well under MES Smoked Ruby.

xasperadastra

I'm not sure if these photos were seen but swatches of Prince Noir and Runaway Red are here. I'm guessing the models with the burgundy lips are wearing Prince Noir?

http://www.richienickel.com/2011/05/backstage-holly-fulton-lfw-aw-2011.html

prince noir looks like a dark beautiful burgundy red *___*

Latest posts