MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

OctoberViolet

You're right katred. I pretty much have decided to buy the darker lippies anyhow. I just wanted to see them on the one of the winners to get an idea.

LOL... I saw this just as I posted my thoughts... Everyone reacts differently. I think I didn't mind that the darker lip shades weren't included, because I'd more or less decided to get those anyway.

xasperadastra

I literally LOVE LOVE LOVE those pictures!!! the after-before is really impressive, I wish my Mum could rock a crazy look like the not so young woman!

katred

Specktra Bestie
"All Ages, All Races, All Sexes" :)

I was thinking that the images for this one do a much better job at fulfilling that maxim than the ones that were used for the actual collections. You have a variety of skin tones, ages, both genders, body types...

mac_aiken

I got excited about MAC again when we got the info for this collection and Cindy Sherman. But my excitement kicked into high gear after talking to my favorite MAC MUAs. They haven't been really excited about much lately but they are all abuzz about this and the CS collection.

LMD84

I was thinking that the images for this one do a much better job at fulfilling that maxim than the ones that were used for the actual collections. You have a variety of skin tones, ages, both genders, body types...
yup i am loving this collection and the whole promo images! :)

OctoberViolet

Now I see the promo pictures for the Prince Noir lipstick. Loving it!!! Very dark & rich looking. Same with Purple Smoke and Runaway Red.
This will be my haul collection most definitely!!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
And now, let the nitpicking begin...

Is it just me or, looking at the official image of the Evil Eye quad, the colours seem really wrong? I get the blackened green and blackened violet, but nothing in there looks the least like Palace Pedigreed and there's a sparkly black shadow that doesn't seem to match anything.

rockin

I'm liking some of those makeovers, but not all. The grey haired lady looks much younger the way they've mader her over, but would she honestly wear her hair that way? I actually think the second one looks way better natural, but that's my personal opinion.

Liking all those shadesticks

commandolando

The grey haired woman looks so amazing...the guy on the top left hand corner has an Alexander Mcqueen model look from 2009-2010 AKA - THE BEST RUNWAY SHOW EVER!

http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/int/en/corporate/archive2009_aw_mens.html

Mac-Guy

I'm liking some of those makeovers, but not all. The grey haired lady looks much younger the way they've mader her over, but would she honestly wear her hair that way? I actually think the second one looks way better natural, but that's my personal opinion.

Liking all those shadesticks
Probably not, but promo pics are more about inspiration for looks rather than a look that you copy one-on-one. Having said that, I know a very artsy professor who sports a similar hairstyle including purple highlights, lol.

It's always easy to tone down a look, but it's harder for people to image how a color might look on the face if the promo pic features just a wash of color on the lid/cheek/lip. Personally, I prefer over-the-top promos to see the artistic vibe of the collection, and then translate it into a wearable version on other or me when I actually get the products. Nevertheless, I get your point.

Mac-Guy

The grey haired woman looks so amazing...the guy on the top left hand corner has an Alexander Mcqueen model look from 2009-2010 AKA - THE BEST RUNWAY SHOW EVER!

http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/int/en/corporate/archive2009_aw_mens.html

I like the guy promo pic, but I was hoping for something more creative. The smudgy-black-guyliner look has been around for a decade. It looks hot, but not very fashion-forward, IMO.

commandolando

I agree..it looks like the MAC MA's were influenced by the Mcqueen look/show. The Mcqueen models were to die for, though! flawless make-up.
I like the guy promo pic, but I was hoping for something more creative. The smudgy-black-guyliner look has been around for a decade. It looks hot, but not very fashion-forward, IMO.

MRV

I'm not all over this collection because, after all, it celebrates All A&R&S Collection, out of which I bought only one blush. I don't look good wearing neutrals only (and I'm not into vampy/dark look), I need colours on my face. However, I'm interested in the blushes, the single e/s, and some lippies. And maybe some Fluidlines and nail polishes.

Mac-Guy

I do not consider McQueen the inventor for the guyliner look. If you go back to the mid-90s, you will see that guyliner has already been around then. It started with the "heroin chic" look for women - characterized by dark circles underneath the eyes, jutting bones, and very pale skin - a look that was soon adopted for male models, especially as the late 90s were rather androgen. Boots, the British drugstore brand - following the JPG hype - had even introduced a guyliner and guy-mascara at some point in the early 2000s - not sure these products are still around today; some of the "Brits" on here might know better, but I remember it was instantly sold out when it was first released on Boots in London's Oxford Street.

IMO, the guyliner is a rather "safe" runway look, which has returned to the runway a tad too often. Having said that, I still want these e/s - I hope it's Carbonized and Moleskin.

Katred, I think the larger product picture might be more correct in terms of colors than the product collection picture. It was similar to SB, where the collection picture also featured the blushettes. Oh what would I have done to get my hands on one of those :) It makes sense that the quad has now a darker crease color.

QueenOfSnark

And now, let the nitpicking begin...

Is it just me or, looking at the official image of the Evil Eye quad, the colours seem really wrong? I get the blackened green and blackened violet, but nothing in there looks the least like Palace Pedigreed and there's a sparkly black shadow that doesn't seem to match anything.
I'm noticing a bunch of colors aren't matching their descriptions...good eye! Offshoot is supposed to be a "mid-tone neutral pink" but looks bronze in the photo, and you're right, the Evil Eye quad doesn't really look like its description...I wonder if they swapped a color out at the last minute due to production issues? Looks like Black Tied in there, and if this is the final version I may skip it for Lady Grey.

Either way, my wishlist for this collection just exploded, hot dayum.