MAC - MAC Me Over Discussion

romi79_2008

Perhaps it was a bad batch but my 226 is indeed scratchy, that`s why I don`t really use it.
Me too mostly interested in fluidlines, Avenue fl makes me think of Blitz&Glitz

Mac-Guy

Are you guys referring to an SE or the full-size version of the 226? I was referring to the latter one.

OctoberViolet

Tx MissAbbyLoveslt. If Prince Noir is more burgundy than purple, I'll still be okay with that. I love dark lips in the Fall/Winter.

I'm not sure if these photos were seen but swatches of Prince Noir and Runaway Red are here. I'm guessing the models with the burgundy lips are wearing Prince Noir?

http://www.richienickel.com/2011/05/backstage-holly-fulton-lfw-aw-2011.html

ladyarwen

It's hard to discuss these upcoming collections anymore until we get new pictures and/or swatches. We don't even have anything from Glamglass yet, and that's supposed to come out in a couple of weeks. MAC Me Over is the one I'm most excited for, along with Cindy Sherman. However, until we get more VISUAL info, my enthusiasm will continue to plummet. =/

LMD84

Are you guys referring to an SE or the full-size version of the 226? I was referring to the latter one.
they didn't do a se version of that brush did they? i thought it only came out twice? once with brunette blonde and redhead and then with colour craft (i think that's the other collection)

Mac-Guy

they didn't do a se version of that brush did they? i thought it only came out twice? once with brunette blonde and redhead and then with colour craft (i think that's the other collection)
I'm not sure actually. I hardly ever buy SE brushes - except if I need a new travel set.

dancepig

I'm almost out of Blacktrack and I've been wondering whether or not to switch to the Bobbi Brown gel liner in black. I'm undecided on any of the fluidlines from this collection, although the blackened green seems like it might be a nice, subtle variation from black.
I use the Bobbi Brown gel liners instead of the fluidlines because they last longer on my eyes and they last longer in the jars without cracking or getting dried up.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm not sure if these photos were seen but swatches of Prince Noir and Runaway Red are here. I'm guessing the models with the burgundy lips are wearing Prince Noir?

http://www.richienickel.com/2011/05/backstage-holly-fulton-lfw-aw-2011.html

Thanks for the link! It's hard to tell which models are wearing PN, which are wearing Smoked Purple and which are wearing the black lip mix. Those look are exactly my kind of thing. I don't find that Moleskin looks like much- a nice colour to have, but there are so many neutrals in that range that chances are a lot of people have something similar.

I got a kind of a kick out of the quote that clear lipglass is supposed to be "the product of Autumn-Winter". Clear lipglass.
WTF2.gif

Mac-Guy

Thanks for the link! It's hard to tell which models are wearing PN, which are wearing Smoked Purple and which are wearing the black lip mix. Those look are exactly my kind of thing. I don't find that Moleskin looks like much- a nice colour to have, but there are so many neutrals in that range that chances are a lot of people have something similar.
I got a kind of a kick out of the quote that clear lipglass is supposed to be "the product of Autumn-Winter". Clear lipglass.
WTF2.gif
I hope the nice thing about Moleskin is that it is longwearing. Hopefully the formula lives up to it's name :)

UrbanSweetheart

I hope the nice thing about Moleskin is that it is longwearing. Hopefully the formula lives up to it's name :)
After looking at it some more, I think Moleskin might actually work for me. it looks very close to my skin tone, which would make it a great base/crease color for me ^_^

xasperadastra

WTF2.gif
In my opinion this could be Prince noir!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-tDXnOl4K9hA/Tb-gejhd6eI/AAAAAAAABXw/lAypkxNPJvo/s1600/IMG_2547.JPG

but I'm not sure... anyway I love this shade/picture

commandolando

Last fall I wore Cunning lipstick by MAC & Wrong Spell Lipglass over top pretty much every day (I'm about an NW 5-10 in the fall) and got sooo many compliments - especially from men! you should try it, it's actually easier to wear then you think :)

Love how dark colors look on my pale skin but i just dont dare to wear em out!!!!

OctoberViolet

Temptalia has some promotional photos up on the collection now. I have to say, I'm not too impressed with the winners of the MAC Me Over Collection. Not that they aren't beautiful, but for the Fall, the make-up seems very subtle. If I had been chosen, I would have wanted the Prince Noir lipstick and heavy eyeshadow, liner and blush to represent this collection. I know the winners have no choice in their make-up, but I'm just saying in my opinion MAC should have played up this great collection with bolder make-up. Also, I must be blind, but I do not see the Prince Noir or Runaway Red in these early promotional photos either. Really bummed about that!!
rant.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Love how dark colors look on my pale skin but i just dont dare to wear em out!!!!

Oh, you must come to the dark side... It's a really lovely, striking look and once you wear it a couple of times, it ceases to feel strange.

Was just coming to post that Temptalia is starting to post swatches, but I see I wasn't quick enough. The makeover images are phenomenal, IMO. For the first time in ages, the pictures really got me excited about a collection.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Temptalia has some promotional photos up on the collection now. I have to say, I'm not too impressed with the winners of the MAC Me Over Collection. Not that they aren't beautiful, but for the Fall, the make-up seems very subtle. If I had been chosen, I would have wanted the Prince Noir lipstick and heavy eyeshadow, liner and blush to represent this collection. I know the winners have no choice in their make-up, but I'm just saying in my opinion MAC should have played up this great collection with bolder make-up. Also, I must be blind, but I do not see the Prince Noir or Runaway Red in these early promotional photos either. Really bummed about that!!
rant.gif

LOL... I saw this just as I posted my thoughts... Everyone reacts differently. I think I didn't mind that the darker lip shades weren't included, because I'd more or less decided to get those anyway.

Latest posts