MAC Magically Cool Liquid Powder discussion

2browneyes

^ Oh yeah! Instead of $29.50 or whatever it is on the MAC site, I paid only $20.75 or something like that....sweet :)

MAC's Magically Cool Liquid Powder...

I am IN LOVE with M.A.C.'s "Magically Cool Liquid Powder"
love.gif
I could just dust it on my face over and over again all day long, and if I wouldn't look like a powdery ghost by the end of the day I would!!! I absolutley love the stuff and I bought 3 jars of it so when they discontinue it (b/c they always discontinue the best stuff... Grrrrr) I'll still have some for back up!!!!!

*swoons*
mac_newfavourite.gif

naturallyfab

I tried this the last time I went to the MAC counter, and now I'm kicking myself for not getting it!
sick.gif

oh well . . . I guess this gives me an excuse to go back!

Haven

I like the looks of Honey Rose. Has anyone who's around NW15 tried it out yet?
I bought Honey Rose. The color is great, but the powder is much "wetter" than those released with VV. I try to apply it as a highlighter and end up getting streaks of it across my face b/c it is so wet. It doesn't leave a light dusting of color - just streaks that I have to blend. It looks like I randomly put streaks of liquid highlighter on my face when I try to dust it on with a 187. Really bizarre. When I blend it, I end up removing a lot of the color. I was thinking about leaving it open to evaporate some of the moisture, but I haven't done that yet. I ordered it online and hate returning to MAC.com.

I wonder if it is a problem with this color or this batch of these powders. I have T & L and Cajun from VV and have had no issues with those products whatsoever.

liba

If you're using the 187, try stippling it on rather than sweeping it on and see if that helps with the streaking. Also, I'd use less product on the brush too - just a light tap's worth on the tips of the bristles. You'll regret drying your powder out in the long run since it only gets harder to apply without looking powdery when it starts to dry up.

Mac-Guy

If you're using the 187, try stippling it on rather than sweeping it on and see if that helps with the streaking. Also, I'd use less product on the brush too - just a light tap's worth on the tips of the bristles. You'll regret drying your powder out in the long run since it only gets harder to apply without looking powdery when it starts to dry up.
iagree.gif
Make sure that you don't pick up too much of the powder. MCLP also seems to be very prone to sit on top of the powder sift. I would only open a few holes and not remove the black sticker - you will still get more than enough product.

Haven

Thank you liba and mac-guy for the suggestions. I really want this color to work. I have had no problems with the other powders from VV using the 187. Just issues with this one. I will try your suggestions and report back.

Haven

OK so the stippling with 187 seemed to work with Honey Rose. I am happy b/c it really is a pretty highlight color. I tend to sweep Cajun and T & L on, but that doesn't work with this color. Like I said it is much wetter (IMHO) than the other colors.

EmWyllie

I have to agree about this stuff! It's got an amazing feeling and I love the luminous look to it. I bought the Truth and Light powder and I think I'll have to go back for the Honey Rose one too!