MAC - Makeup Art Cosmetics Discussion

GlamQueen21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
I use it with fuchsia and PTE to do a sort of geisha thing by using B&B, ( or bright fuschia as both work), all over the lid, then under and around the outer corner blended outward with PTE in the crease and along the lower lash for a smokey look, a little fuchsia in the center of the lid to make it pop. I highlight with pink opal or vanilla and drag that down the tearduct area. Line with fairly heavy black chromaline. Er, wish I had that photo I took of that look a while back. I am so bad at making time to document that stuff.

I wear it with rebel lipstick but any hot pink would do.

It may sound weird but well done geisha looks on dark skinned women look wicked! I don't mean doing the white powder which would just be silly, I mean doing the Asian inspired bold eye/lip combos with reds, oranges or very bright pinks. I have seen some burlesque performers really rock those looks with Asian brocade corsets matching their makeup. Not for the faint of heart to be sure but definitely eye catching.

Gorgeous!!! I have to get my hands on Fuschia pigment to do this look!

lilibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
sounds beautiful! usually i wear brash and bold on my lid, then use push the edge in the crease, dazzlelight shadow to highlight and then i quite enjoy using teal pigment as a lower lash line liner! very bright and not something i'd wear to work! but it all looks really good and works well! and yes heavy black liner is a must on the lid!

I seriously need to get pictures of some of my insane combos. When I go out I end up doing sort of a rainbow look lately with... yes it is a LOT of colours... Blue, PTE (or grape or entmv.), teal, antique gold, Bright Fuschia, fuschia, violet and either pink opal or softwash grey to highlight. I know it's kind of nuts but it matches my hair!

Face2Mac

^^I appreciate all forms of beauty, whether your hair is blue, red or pink. If you have it, flaunt it.

You're hot, girl!!
hatsoff.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
^^I appreciate all forms of beauty, whether your hair is blue, red or pink. If you have it, flaunt it.

You're hot, girl!!
hatsoff.gif

agreed!
drools.gif

SmokeSignal16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
I seriously need to get pictures of some of my insane combos. When I go out I end up doing sort of a rainbow look lately with... yes it is a LOT of colours... Blue, PTE (or grape or entmv.), teal, antique gold, Bright Fuschia, fuschia, violet and either pink opal or softwash grey to highlight. I know it's kind of nuts but it matches my hair!

Ohh I love your hair! Softwash Grey is love to me!

macaddict83

"In the Gallery", "Notoriety" and "Photo Realism" eyeshadow quads are still available on Nordstrom.com. (As I read in a thread yesterday that someone was looking for "In the Gallery")

AudreyNicole

Since MAC and I were on a break when this collection came out, I hadn't purchased anything from the collection. But I noticed my counter had 2 of the quads left, and then after a beautiful Photorealism EOTD from Rach, I knew I had to have it. I called my counter, and they had just 2 left, which were getting ready to be sent back. I went yesterday and got one, and am wearing it today. I am in love. The Photorealism quad is so pretty and great for everyday wear with its subdued colors.
th_drool.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Since MAC and I were on a break when this collection came out, I hadn't purchased anything from the collection. But I noticed my counter had 2 of the quads left, and then after a beautiful Photorealism EOTD from Rach, I knew I had to have it. I called my counter, and they had just 2 left, which were getting ready to be sent back. I went yesterday and got one, and am wearing it today. I am in love. The Photorealism quad is so pretty and great for everyday wear with its subdued colors.
th_drool.gif

i bet it looks lovely on you! you're very lucky to have snatched it up! i love the quad and used it all the time when i first got it!

MzzRach

I'm so excited you got the PR quad and the Shade Fluidline, Audrey! Please post a look when you can, I would love to see them on you.

For those who might be interested, my EOTD using the Photo Realism quad can be found here: http://www.specktra.net/forum/f166/p...m-eotd-157768/

I'm so glad I rediscovered this quad. It really is lovely and I think would suit a variety of skintones.
yes.gif

PinkBasset

I have been using The Perfect Cheek alot lately, and it has become one of my favorite blushes!
th_DANCE.gif
At first I thought it isn't pigmented and "obvious" enough, but now that I've used it more I absolutely love it! It is the perfect neutral blush for me. I'm terrified I first skipped it but luckily went back for it!
shockt.gif
I have never finished (or even hit a pan) a blush, but in this case, I think I could.

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Yesterday I recieved Brash & Bold pigment! I love it!!!

I have yet to wear mine! I'm thinking of throwing it into my look tomorrow, though. I have to get around to it b/c it's gorgeous. Enjoy it!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I have yet to wear mine! I'm thinking of throwing it into my look tomorrow, though. I have to get around to it b/c it's gorgeous. Enjoy it!

i have been using mine as a lipgloss more than a shadow!
smiles.gif

oh and my dad managed to pick me up heritage rouge pigment
smiles.gif
whoop!

AudreyNicole

I picked up Off the Page e/s (LOVE!!) at my counter the other day and ordered Crest the Wave from the MAC site before it was gone... I didn't pay much attention to this collection when it came out, and I am sort of regretting that now... headed to the CCO soon... hopefully I can find some of what I am looking for!!
smiles.gif

GlamQueen21

^Awesome! I backed up Off The Page e/s since it's a gorgeous color! I haven't used Crest The Wave e/s yet from my Stowaways Quad (I depanned my Stowaways Quad) and I need to think of combinations to go with it. I'm so going to order Violet Trance e/s this week since I have been lemming on a matte purple e/s for awhile!

LMD84

there were many things in this collection that i wanted but couldn't afford. like you guys i'm hoping to find some stuff at the cco when i go next month! i want a couple of the shadows and also a liner!

Susanne

I still love what I got from this collection!!

e/s Purple Shower looks AWESOME with e/s Blue Absinthe!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne

that's one i wish i had gotten, as well as haunting and crest the wave!
nope.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne

Susanne, what did you get from this collection?

Lou, you are coming to FL soon? Check the CCOs! I have heard Orlando has the shadows from this collection!
smiles.gif