MAC & Marcel Wanders - Luxe Couture Discussion

peachsuns

Quote:
Thanks so much to everyone for the birthday wishes! Love you all!
friends.gif

The hubby surprised me with a trip into the mountains this year. We stayed in an adorable and romantic cabin in Vail for 4 days...it was an awesome birthday for me!
heart.gif

Happy belated birthday to you birthday twin Salina!
happybirthday.gif

You have the best hubby.
thmbup.gif

th_drool.gif
@ Mountains. Hope you two had a lovely time in Vail. Sounds like a perfect birthday!
th_thstars.gif

elegant-one

Just received my Digna ls. Its beautiful too. The color in the tube is deceptive as to how it looks on. Its more red based than the darkened look in the tube. Its like a Bing Cherry had a baby with a regular Red Cherry
greengrin.gif
Its both deep cherry berry with a red pink undertone. These lipsticks look elegant on. There really is something different about the feel & tone of them.

elegant-one

^Last I looked dear, it was empty! Seems like everybody is kinda gone. I did post a couple pics on the last page.

StarrySim

These lipsticks are gorgeous, but am I the only one not digging the packaging? It's so bulky and the odd shape doesn't help. I find my Rimmel and Chanel lipsticks too big, and these ones are even more ginormous!

elegant-one

^Yes, I think I would agree about the packaging. I loved the font/logo, but the tube itself reminded me of like a chair spindle or curtain rod finial.
oh.gif
And yes its a little bulky, but I guess it is kinda artsy,

I have such a really hard time on this site any more that I would love to have the old one back!

Swirlgirl

I haven't posted hardly at all since the new Specktra platform launched, either. I have a harder time with the site, it seems slower and harder to read (too much white space or something) AND considering that changed happened in tandem with the MAC crackdown on product info/swatches, I only pop in every few days with nothing much to add to the chat, since that has died down too.

With the crickets chirping here, it kind of brings up my love/hate relationship with all the MAC LE releases...which is why I've had Gesina and Martha sitting in my cart for 2 weeks and still can't bring myself to hit the checkout button. I need a little enabling once in awhile and look to Specktra to help that! LOL!

(although I am kind of rediscovering my love of perfume (which was my gateway drug into the great big makeup world and Bobbi Brown - why haven't I checked out her line sooner?)

Anyway, I think Elegant's pics have I think finally convinced me to get Gesina! So a BIG THANK YOU!

Camnagem

I received the brush and compact for my birthday.
sigh.gif

Love the compact! I'm still trying to decide on what to fill it with so I can use it daily. I haven't tried the brush yet. I'm hoping to love it after I get it washed and ready to go.

I really want Gesina l/s and Mary l/g, but for some reason I'm totally uninspired to actually purchase them! My attention/money is aimed at other brands (Chanel!) for the moment, and I'm not sure I see that changing anytime soon. I do look forward to Peacocky, but other than that...maybe I'm reaching a MAC saturation point?

Scary!
wtff.gif

elegant-one

sigh.gif

Love the compact! I'm still trying to decide on what to fill it with so I can use it daily. I haven't tried the brush yet. I'm hoping to love it after I get it washed and ready to go.

I really want Gesina l/s and Mary l/g, but for some reason I'm totally uninspired to actually purchase them! My attention/money is aimed at other brands (Chanel!) for the moment, and I'm not sure I see that changing anytime soon. I do look forward to Peacocky, but other than that...maybe I'm reaching a MAC saturation point?

Scary!
wtff.gif
You need Gesina
lol.gif

Swirlgirl

sigh.gif

Scary!
wtff.gif
Ooooh! Lucky girl!! What wonderful birthday gifts!
What are your thoughts on the compact?
This is the first MAC "couture" compact I haven't purchased.
I've always quite liked the Sheer Mystery Powder, but a lot of the reviews on the compact itself were pretty negative.

And the 187 brush is a perfect gift - - too much of an indulgence to purchase for yourself, but such a beautiful item to receive as a gift! LOVE!

I am so glad I am not alone in my feelings about MAC and Specktra lately! I miss random boobie chatter and giggling with the girls!

I am looking forward to Cham Pale (I stand by my love of pale shimmery colors) and Peacocky (keeping my fingers that the kissable lip thingees are like the Rouge Allure Extrait glosses)
And Sweet Mama Spy, I am with you on the pink-red lipstick. I bought 2 of the Bobbi Brown red lippies (the metallic one and a more classic red, Vintage red) and they are amazing.
I am off to add Gesina to that list. After nude-pink lips for so long, I am totally digging the red (even if I am way late on this bandwagon!)

elegant-one

Ooooh! Lucky girl!! What wonderful birthday gifts! What are your thoughts on the compact?
I've always quite liked the Sheer Mystery Powder, but a lot of the reviews on the compact itself were pretty negative.

And the 187 brush is a perfect gift - - too much of an indulgence to purchase for yourself, but such a beautiful item to receive as a gift! LOVE!

I am so glad I am not alone in my feelings about MAC and Specktra lately! I miss random boobie chatter and giggling with the girls!

I am looking forward to Cham Pale (I stand by my love of pale shimmery colors) and Peacocky (keeping my fingers that the kissable lip thingees are like the Rouge Allure Extrait glosses)
And Sweet Mama Spy, I am with you on the pink-red lipstick. I bought 2 of the Bobbi Brown red lippies (the metallic one and a more classic red, Vintage red) and they are amazing.
I am off to add Gesina to that list. After nude-pink lips for so long, I am totally digging the red (even if I am way late on this bandwagon!)
Aww...that is just So kind of you dear
kissy.gif
I'll try to be naughtier
devil.gif

I just bought BB Calypso Coral & Jewel Red - beautiful colors! I'm exactly like you - always nudes & now I'm all about the bold lip.

Camnagem

Ooooh! Lucky girl!! What wonderful birthday gifts! What are your thoughts on the compact?

I really do love the compact! It holds onto fingerprints for sure, but I just wipe it down with an old wipe/cloth thing I got with a pair of my now lost somewhere sunglasses and that solves the problem. Size-wise it feels great and comfy/natural in my hand. It's not super heavy like last year's BB compact, but there's some weight to it. It can be a little harder to open (it feels like it has a built in magnetic closure instead of a stop-watch style), and without somewhat lengthy fingernails the area where the the compact is off-set a bit might be harder to deal with. I find both of these positives though, as it won't open randomly in my make-up bag or purse. Design wise I'm crazy about it, it's unique and just...different. Love it!

The powder inside and the re-fill is larger than the BB version. I don't currently use MAC pressed powders so I'm not sure if a Blot pan would fit or not, but it's for sure bigger than a blush pan. I'm planning on trying out the Blot pressed powder pretty soon, and if I like it I hope it will fit in this new compact.

Also, I'm with both of you on the bold lips change! I used to be all about the nude lips + smokey eyes and I've transitioned my "go to look" over to nude-ish eyes with mega mascara and bold lips and I'm LOVING it. I will always love nude lips and smokey eyes, but it's nice to know I can make something else work too.