MAC & Marcel Wanders - Luxe Couture Discussion

pippa!

ahh ty elegant! i ended up ordering it from the website straight after posting that - i got so excited at the thought of this being the shade of lipstick i've been hunting for months that i had to impulse buy :lol: it looks beautiful in your photos and everyone's right, your photo set up is lovely!

LMD84

thanks for the pictures Elegant! i cant wiat for my digna to arrive! it should have arrived today but due to the snow it didnt come! bugger it!
girl_devil.gif

elegant-one

thanks for the pictures Elegant! i cant wiat for my digna to arrive! it should have arrived today but due to the snow it didnt come! bugger it!
girl_devil.gif
Aw thanks doll! Well that just stinks! I hate waiting :( That color will be beautiful on you.

Swirlgirl

mmmmm...Digna looks like a gorgeous dark raspberry. I think this would look really pretty sheered out and glossed up.
And I am reconsidering the compact too - I like that the powder is larger than last years - and there is something about the angled architectural elements that I am really attracted to.

hmmm....decisions.

MACina

Oh Elegant.....these are so pretty pics again!!!

Thank you very much!

Digna is really super nice
eyelove.gif

ButterflyDior77

I bought the mascara, Catharina Lipstick, and Gesina Lipstick.

Out of the two lip colors, I adored "Gesina" the most. While the lipstick color collection isn't unique, this color was the most unique to me. It is such a pretty red with pink undertones. I wouldn't say it is fuchsia , just a red-pink. The lipsticks are a cream finish. A slight sheen, but it feels somewhat creamy on the lips, still feels more like a matte lipstick but not too drying like one.

Catharina can easily be duped color wise, while I'm sure "Gesina" can, but I buy a lot of fuchsia/red lip colors and "Gesina" I personally can't think of a lipstick color that I have already that looks like it.

For the Mascara:
I like it. My eyelashes are already uber long, and have a curl naturally. I have a fair amount of lashes, but still need volume.
This mascara does great at giving length. It also defines the lashes to almost a pin thin type look, yet adds some volume.
I guess you could say it makes the lashes look like the false lashes that are really thin and long, but not voluminous.

I really like the wand and how one swipe, maybe two is all you need to get the mascara's effect.

I've only tried from MAC Zoom Lash, Haught and Naughty, and this one. I'd say "Zoom" is a good everyday mascara for an overall lash look, but my fave is "Haught and naughty", because I can use the define wand that's pretty close to this one in look of lashes (not as dark or pin thin long), and then the "Naughty" wand for a ton of volume and to darken the lashes a lot.

elegant-one

I bought the mascara, Catharina Lipstick, and Gesina Lipstick.

Out of the two lip colors, I adored "Gesina" the most. While the lipstick color collection isn't unique, this color was the most unique to me. It is such a pretty red with pink undertones. I wouldn't say it is fuchsia , just a red-pink. The lipsticks are a cream finish. A slight sheen, but it feels somewhat creamy on the lips, still feels more like a matte lipstick but not too drying like one.

Catharina can easily be duped color wise, while I'm sure "Gesina" can, but I buy a lot of fuchsia/red lip colors and "Gesina" I personally can't think of a lipstick color that I have already that looks like it.
Tell me more about Catharina!!! I know there are a lot of fuchsia colors, but so far these ls have still seemed different enough to me. Describe it to me please ;)

ButterflyDior77

Catharina at first color wise reminded me of "Star Fuchsia" by Dior, but I photographed it and then realized it isn't the same color exactly. I will have to look at all my fuchsia lipsticks first from MAC and a few other brands, and I will let you know if it is close to anything.

pippa!

OH MY WORD digna is my holy grail dark lippie. for sure. it's PERFECT and i absolutely have to back it up! it's exactly the shade i've been looking for :)

LMD84

OH MY WORD digna is my holy grail dark lippie. for sure. it's PERFECT and i absolutely have to back it up! it's exactly the shade i've been looking for :)

argh! well dont mention how good it is! mine still hasnt arrived and i'm not sure if it ever will arrive :(

LMD84

digna arrived today and it was well worth the wait! im wearing it right now in bed h=just because i like it so much! hee hee!