MAC Matchmaster Foundation Discussion

dorni

Quote: Monsy:

do you think 2.0 will match NC20?

is the 9/22 release date?

I´m 20/25 (have to mix NC and NW) at the moment and 1.5 in the Matchmaker is a perfect fit for me.

Overall it´s a nice Foundation. I have a very sensitive partially dry skin, finish is really natural, as long as you don´t apply it too heavy. Longevity is good, I wore it on saturday for work (I´m working outdoors at a market, selling Fruit & Vegetables). We had more than 30 degrees celsius that day and my Foundation last without any touch up (not even Powder) for 12 h, o.k. my nose was a bit shiny.

The colour adjusting capabilities, in my opinion, that´s a joke. The 1.5 has a strong yellow tinge in the bottle. Yes, it blends nicely with my skintone as long as I apply a thin layer, but I have some redness on my cheeks (rosacea), so I tried to buildt it up and ended with yellow patches on my cheekbones, not the look I was aiming for.

When I read about some members in other countries getting samples, I´m a bit jealous. No samples for the german MAC-Addicts!!

Endit

Here's another review I found of Matchmaster: http://beautifullyaddictedto.blogspot.com/2011/09/mac-matchmaster-foundation.html

That sucks that you think it doesn't adjust to the skin. But I guess it's to be expected. All previous auto matching things have never worked like they advertise either (and if the transparent pigments reflect your own natural skintone, then wouldn't that EMPHASIZE any redness you have and magnify the neck/face difference as well?)

MRV

I got a sample of 1.5 last week (I'm NC20, C2). The foundation was very thick, but blended well I think. I did not fell in love though because I have a very dry skin with some wrinkles, and the foundation seemed to settle down into my forehead wrinkles. It was also powdery. (Mac says: Line-reducing powders - ?) I've been using Face&Body + MSF Natural of late, so MMF felt a bit mask-y and the shade was a bit too light for me now (better for winter). I think I'll stick to Pro Longwear and F&B.

Mac-Guy

I got a sample of 1.5 last week (I'm NC20, C2). The foundation was very thick, but blended well I think. I did not fell in love though because I have a very dry skin with some wrinkles, and the foundation seemed to settle down into my forehead wrinkles. It was also powdery. (Mac says: Line-reducing powders - ?) I've been using Face&Body + MSF Natural of late, so MMF felt a bit mask-y and the shade was a bit too light for me now (better for winter). I think I'll stick to Pro Longwear and F&B.
Oh no. This usually happens with matte foundations as they have so much more powder in it.

BTW, it's on Pro now.

ansimi

Here's another review I found of Matchmaster: http://beautifullyaddictedto.blogspot.com/2011/09/mac-matchmaster-foundation.html

That sucks that you think it doesn't adjust to the skin. But I guess it's to be expected. All previous auto matching things have never worked like they advertise either (and if the transparent pigments reflect your own natural skintone, then wouldn't that EMPHASIZE any redness you have and magnify the neck/face difference as well?)

That was my thought when the SA explained the technology too. She said it worked really well for her when she had some sunburn though. She did suggest using concealer under rather than over this foundation for major discolourations though.

I'm pretty skeptical about this technology and about the chemical sunscreen and the smell but I'll get a sample when it launches here.

HOTasFCUK

I'm NC20 with super dry skin and my MAC satinfinish has been crap lately. I still use my studio sculpt but fell in love with Maybelline's fit me until i realized its been the source of my breakouts *sobs* so i think i'll try this one (sample first) but now i'm curious about the face and body!

ansimi

I'm NC20 with super dry skin and my MAC satinfinish has been crap lately. I still use my studio sculpt but fell in love with Maybelline's fit me until i realized its been the source of my breakouts *sobs* so i think i'll try this one (sample first) but now i'm curious about the face and body!
Definitely try F&B! It might work well for your needs. It doesn't sound like this Matchmaster will be great for dry skin and some of the ingredients are potentially very problematic.

Since you're in Canada, check out the new Marcelle foundation (Hydra-C or something like that?). It has limited shades but the coverage/texture reminds me of Fit Me and it has some very skin-friendly ingredients. There are some other similar products newly on the market too.

If a foundation breaks you out after just a couple of uses then you're obviously sensitive to an ingredient but if it takes several weeks then you might just not be getting it all off? Some of these newer foundations only come off with an oil cleanser for me.

Endit

Not sure if anybody has posted this yet but apparently MAC has it's own Youtube channel and posted a video about Matchmaster a couple days ago. It isn't helpful at all though, just rehashing stuff everybody already knows. It does not show up in any youtube search for just the term Matchmaster either, bizarre (also bizarre is how the black woman applied FIVE sprays of Fix+ to her face and then paints/swirls with a stippling brush, though they don't even show the finished result).

Edelmc

Oh I highly recommend face and body. It's not available at all mac counters but well worth tracking down. It melts into the skin, leaves a beautiful natural/dewy finish and can be layered for coverage without looking cakey. IMO studio sculpt is in the same foundation family as f&b but f&b is thinner consistency and starts out lighter coverage but can be built up. I love both. I use f&b when I want light coverage or when I need to layer up for a alot of coverage without it looking cakey. I use studio sculpt for in between- when I want a quick natural look but with a bit of coverage.... Hope that makes sence!

martiangurll

I really wish they had made an NC and NW line.

me too! I like to know I am not getting anything too pink! that being said, I appreciate all these reviews, I love matte finish if it isn't too powdery or cakey. (Like Revlon Photofinish, but there colors are not the best match) I may have to try this. Anyone get 8 hours of wear or longer with this?

Endit

First real life swatches can be found here: http://raspcherry.blogspot.com/2011/09/swatches-mac-match-master-foundation.html I posted the pictures below though so you don't have to click. DAMN they look really yellow! But it's on a brown surface and who knows about the lighting so I will stay a bit skeptical. But still like seeing swatches of any kind.

\

Still cannot track down any info on the 193 brush. Raspcherry says the texture of MM is "I think its quite thick and creamy but not sticky its quite smooth and blends in very well" So I'm guessing the 193 is denser and firmer than the 190. I don't have the 190 though, just the 191. It's probably a hybrid of the two. Denser than both but with the firmness of 191 and the tapered tip of 190. Just theories though.

Endit

MORE new reviews I found of MM as well:

http://www.kissandmakeup.tv/2011/09/mac_matchmaster_spf_15_review.html (short review, not much to see here)

http://visionarybeauty.blogspot.com/2011/09/mac-matchmaster-spf-15-foundation.html (very detailed, swatches, compares to Pro Longwear)

http://pamperedandpolished.co.uk/2011/09/mac-at-new-zealand-fashion-week-2011/ (models wearing MM)

http://blog.makeup.ie/?p=482 (review + swatch of 3.0 + blended)

Edelmc

I checked out the new 193 brush today and although I couldn't take photos I did try and compare it with the 190 by over lapping. Size wise the 193 is 2/3's the width of the 190 at the base and the highest point of the 193 lines up with the lowest part of the slope on the 190 if you know what I mean. Looking at the 193 I think you might use it to apply concealer around the eyes and nose etc. Hope that helps...

Mac-Guy

I checked out the new 193 brush today and although I couldn't take photos I did try and compare it with the 190 by over lapping. Size wise the 193 is 2/3's the width of the 190 at the base and the highest point of the 193 lines up with the lowest part of the slope on the 190 if you know what I mean. Looking at the 193 I think you might use it to apply concealer around the eyes and nose etc. Hope that helps...

Sounds good to me.

Mac-Guy

Will this be released in the US next week as well with PP?

It's been on Pro for almost a week, but my store had not received it yet... Has anybody seen it in stores yet?

LMD84

i'm going to skip this foundation for a while. i just bought a new bottle of my chanel one. perhaps when that is finished up i saw try this one out. but for now i am still very much in love with chanel :)

MAC Mythical eyeshadow - todays specktra blog post

Hemons

Not sure what to think of this foundation yet. I am NW15 in SFF, but find it a bit too orange so went with 1.5 in Matchmaster. Since I am NW, I found Matchmaster to be too yellow, even after blending in with a #109. The MUA suggested putting sheer pressed powder over the top in NW20 to warm up the color a bit and make it less yellow. It was a nice suggestion, however, I am a believer that foundation should match your skintone and you shouldn/t have to layer, warm up, cool down, etc. to get it to match your complexion. I may try 1.0, but fear it will be too light. Guess it's worth a try. I did think the coverage was good and it was easy to blend. MUFE HD 115 matches my skin tone perfectly!!! It's so expensive though. Think I'll stick with MUFE HD.

Latest posts