MAC Matchmaster Foundation Discussion

LMD84

edit: Tested this one out on the other side of my face. It feels amazing, like second skin! I always put a finishing powder after foundation since every single foundation that I have ever tried has felt sticky after application, specially in the jawline. I don't necessarily even need powder on my oily t-zone with Matchmaster, it doesn't leave a full matte finish it just looks natural. Still need to see how it looks on daylight and how well it holds up.
oh this is sounding very awesome!! :) thanks for sharing your thoughts!

PinkBasset

The 193 brush is tiny! More like a medium concealer brush. I'm interested trying it though, it might be good for under eyes, around the nose, around piercings etc.

Edelmc

Have had a chance to play with this at home now and I have to say it's a lovely foundation but just not my kind of finish. I like a dewy/natural finish but this is a matte finish. If you like matte finishes defo check it out because it's a modern natural matte- not cakey or very powdery. As for the colour adjusting capabilities, I am not sure if it adjusts or just happens to be my shade of foundation! I am curious to see the brush. Does anybody know if it's perm?

Heiaken

I was going to get the 193 but when I sa how tiny it was I skipped it. I doubt I would give it much use tbh.

Mac-Guy

Maybe somebody can post some comparison pictures (189, 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195). Thanks guys.

PinkBasset

I just tried the foundation. It went on smoothly and completely disappeared into my skin, so the second skin thing is spot on! I didn't feel it on me, it's so lightweight. It left an almost matte finish (not dull) with light to medium coverage (I could see my couple freckles through it), but it felt it could be easily build and not be heavy or cakey at all. I didn't wear it for long so I cannot comment how longwearing it is. So far I'm impressed and liking it. Let's see how it goes when I have it on a full day.

DILLIGAF

I've not had any luck with matching to a MAC foundation. I'm hoping this product will change this for me. I wont get a chance to get a hold of it until next week though. Currently nothing matches me better than my NARS Sheer Glow.

paparazziboy

wow that is crazy u guys have it already it normally comes out in the states before over seas it doesn't launch till the 22nd here but im so excited for it!!! i love it and its an 8 you wear it has a demi matte finish as well

Endit

Here is a picture of somebody wearing Matchmaster: http://yfrog.com/gz4eimsj

I don't have the 190 (I do have the 191) and I can already tell it will be really small. Look at the comparison on the UK site, looks accurate.

Better than a brush comparison would be measuring the length/width/depth and the diagonal section. Then you can draw out exactly how big it is.

cheetahpita

I just tried the foundation. It went on smoothly and completely disappeared into my skin, so the second skin thing is spot on! I didn't feel it on me, it's so lightweight. It left an almost matte finish (not dull) with light to medium coverage (I could see my couple freckles through it), but it felt it could be easily build and not be heavy or cakey at all. I didn't wear it for long so I cannot comment how longwearing it is. So far I'm impressed and liking it. Let's see how it goes when I have it on a full day.

That sounds great! Thanks for the quick review :)

Mac-Guy

wow that is crazy u guys have it already it normally comes out in the states before over seas it doesn't launch till the 22nd here but im so excited for it!!! i love it and its an 8 you wear it has a demi matte finish as well

There are quite a few collection that launch earlier in Europe or in Asia. Surf Baby was launched four weeks earlier (in Europe) than in the US.

Heiaken

It's just fair that we get some collections earlier since atleast in Finland many collections don't release at all ;)

LMD84

i know! one of the few times we get things first! and i can't afford to buy it! doh!

Mac-Guy

It's just fair that we get some collections earlier since atleast in Finland many collections don't release at all
winks.gif

Amen. And for us based in the US, it's nice to see some swatches first. Happy hauling and keep the reviews coming.

Latest posts