MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation Collection (March 2013)

luvlydee

Clearly this person either doesn't feel that way or doesn't know that to be an absolute fact. If so many people are "reading her wrong" it may be time for her to consider why that may be.
Ur actually the one sounding rude now. If the girl wanted an explanation she could have just asked. U just made a rude and sarcastic comment about it for no reason lol

highheels

Clearly this person either doesn't feel that way or doesn't know that to be an absolute fact. If so many people are "reading her wrong" it may be time for her to consider why that may be.
I agree with you. As an esthetician, I would never say that every single person MUST use moisturizer - there are always exceptions. The last time I went to my local MAC Pro store in fact, the MA I was speaking to actually suggested that I specifically skip moisturizer myself and use some alterate products instead (primers etc.), none of which were technically a moisturizer. If someone feels their foundation is working better without a moisturizer underneath, who are we to judge? Whatever works, works.

Babylard

I really like the formula for this foundation, but the shades don't look very good on me. I tried NW20 and it looks muddy and makes my face look darker than my neck. The MA said that the NC are really yellow. hymph. 8( I guess my skin causes this to oxidize too much? I wish MAC would make paler shades. 8(

luvlydee

I agree with you. As an esthetician, I would never say that every single person MUST use moisturizer - there are always exceptions. The last time I went to my local MAC Pro store in fact, the MA I was speaking to actually suggested that I specifically skip moisturizer myself and use some alterate products instead (primers etc.), none of which were technically a moisturizer. If someone feels their foundation is working better without a moisturizer underneath, who are we to judge? Whatever works, works.
Hmm very interesting. Ive always been told moisturizer was needed. This was very informative. I would still be scared to not moisturize my skin since i feel like i do need it for my oily/dry in places skin lol.

martiangurll

I skipped moisturizer for the longest time, and now I use it mainly because I feel the need to add sun protection. I think it really does help the foundation go on smoother, even if you have oily skin. I have read that if you have oily skin, using moisturizer will cut down on oil production, so I think its good for all skin types to use moisturizer. Just my
2cents.gif

erine1881

A statement like that without an explanation for her? Nice.
Had she asked for an explanation i would have given her one. There was no malice or rudeness in my response. YOUR response, however... My response wasn't directed to you so you can just drop the attitude!
Its just skincare 101. U need moisturizer for your face whether you are dry or oily. Im sure erine didnt mean it rudely. (Dang Erine so many ppl have been reading u wrong on this forum lmao)
Absolutely. Why do we even have to discuss why someone needs moisturizer?
Seriously!
I agree with you.  As an esthetician, I would never say that every single person MUST use moisturizer - there are always exceptions.  The last time I went to my local MAC Pro store in fact, the MA I was speaking to actually suggested that I specifically skip moisturizer myself and use some alterate products instead (primers etc.), none of which were technically a moisturizer.  If someone feels their foundation is working better without a moisturizer underneath, who are we to judge?  Whatever works, works.
Interesting. As an esthetician myself, i most absolutely recommend always using a moisturizer. Unfortunately many people do what they think works best for their skin, when in fact they're doing what's not best. I'm just giving what my education and training tells me. If a primer or other alternate product works, and contains moisturizer, then by all means, skip a normal moisturizer. But a moisturizer is the one product that i suggest nobody skip. Again, just my recommendation as an esthetician.
Yea the colors in these foundations are off. I gave up on mac foundations lol but the texture is awesome.  Hmm very interesting.  Ive always been told moisturizer was needed. This was very informative. I would still be scared to not moisturize my skin since i feel like i do need it for my oily/dry in places skin lol. 
:agree:

erine1881

I skipped moisturizer for the longest time, and now I use it mainly because I feel the need to add sun protection.  I think it really does help the foundation go on smoother, even if you have oily skin.  I have read that if you have oily skin, using moisturizer will cut down on oil production, so I think its good for all skin types to use moisturizer.  Just my 
2cents.gif
You're right! Every skintype needs moisturizer. That's why it's important to correctly determine your skintype, and use the appropriate products (moisturizer, cleanser and scrub) for your skin. Many people think they're oily, when in fact they're dry and using an oily skin cleanser (thinking they're oily), which strips their skin of the necessary oils they need for dry skin. This causes excessive oil production to compensate for what the oily cleanser strips away. There's one explanation for everyone!

highheels

I agree with spikesmom and also read your response as rude whether it was intended to be or not, but especially considering the original poster never asked for your opinion in the first place... she simply posted about her experience with the product and what worked for her.
Had she asked for an explanation i would have given her one. There was no malice or rudeness in my response. YOUR response, however... My response wasn't directed to you so you can just drop the attitude! Seriously! Interesting. As an esthetician myself, i most absolutely recommend always using a moisturizer. Unfortunately many people do what they think works best for their skin, when in fact they're doing what's not best. I'm just giving what my education and training tells me. If a primer or other alternate product works, and contains moisturizer, then by all means, skip a normal moisturizer. But a moisturizer is the one product that i suggest nobody skip. Again, just my recommendation as an esthetician. :agree:

luvlydee

I just realized we didn't even welcome the new member Moonchine
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

I agree with spikesmom and also read your response as rude whether it was intended to be or not, but especially considering the original poster never asked for your opinion in the first place... she simply posted about her experience with the product and what worked for her.
a lot of people post here and people give their opinions to what someone posts. its not meant with bad intent.

we are all a happy makeup family!!
th_e2cloud9.gif

i only said something because i felt like spikesmom comment was sarcastic and rude in response to erine when i felt like erines comment wasnt even rude. that is all. but i still love you all!!!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

Miss Dynamite

This is a message board, people post on message boards to discuss things and get/give opinions. I don't see how anybody giving an opinion like that could be rude. It's not like she insulted the person or had an attitude or anything. However, Spikesmom did have an attitude for no real reason.

erine1881

Seeing as the original post was about makeup and skincare, i kinda thought my opinion as a makeup artist and esthetician would be beneficial in some way. My bad. I guess i thought wrong. Tho i do welcome your response, technically, according to your logic, your opinion wasn't asked for either. Im not being rude or sarcastic or defensive here. Just saying you can't have it both ways.

erine1881

I apologize to Moonchime if you took my response as rude in anyway, as it wasn't meant as such. :( I'm a very blunt, straightforward, no sugar-coating type of person. I guess some people don't handle that type of personality very well.

highheels

Sure, but statements such as "never skip moisturizer" aren't actually helpful without including an explanation or info as to why you believe that to be true. If you want to provide people with the benefit of your experience in makeup and skincare, at least give them some useful information rather than simply making a generalized statement that comes off as kinda snarky and isn't helpful. I'm sure you have plenty of useful info and tips to offer! Anyway, let's move on, shall we. Oh, and welcome to Moonchime, if you' re still here :)
Seeing as the original post was about makeup and skincare, i kinda thought my opinion as a makeup artist and esthetician would be beneficial in some way. My bad. I guess i thought wrong. Tho i do welcome your response, technically, according to your logic, your opinion wasn't asked for either. Im not being rude or sarcastic or defensive here. Just saying you can't have it both ways.

mymacaddiction

You're right! Every skintype needs moisturizer. That's why it's important to correctly determine your skintype, and use the appropriate products (moisturizer, cleanser and scrub) for your skin. Many people think they're oily, when in fact they're dry and using an oily skin cleanser (thinking they're oily), which strips their skin of the necessary oils they need for dry skin. This causes excessive oil production to compensate for what the oily cleanser strips away. There's one explanation for everyone!
This was EXACTLY my experience! I thought I was oily for the longest time and once I started really adding moisture to my skin, I realized I'm actually a normal skin type. Crazy how that works!

erine1881

This was EXACTLY my experience! I thought I was oily for the longest time and once I started really adding moisture to my skin, I realized I'm actually a normal skin type. Crazy how that works!
Exactly! And unfortunately normal skin skincare is hard to find. The majority of skincare is for dry or oily skin. And tho you have normal skin (as i do), you still need moisturizer. But that's just my opinion. ;)

Gyudy

I agree with the necessity of a moisturizer, I've tried it myself and while I was thinking that my skin was better without it, as soon as I found the right one I really started to see a dramatic difference.
I also have to say that the whole "use an oil to normalize oily/combination skin" thing is working for me, I'm using the Clarins Lotus Oil and, as I said in the "review" about the foundation I can now consider my skin normal.
Btw, still wearing the foundation everyday and still lovin it!!!

erine1881

I agree with the necessity of a moisturizer, I've tried it myself and while I was thinking that my skin was better without it, as soon as I found the right one I really started to see a dramatic difference. I also have to say that the whole "use an oil to normalize oily/combination skin" thing is working for me, I'm using the Clarins Lotus Oil and, as I said in the "review" about the foundation I can now consider my skin normal. Btw, still wearing the foundation everyday and still lovin it!!!
Glad you found the right moisturizer for your skin! It makes all the difference!

Moonchime

Oh my! Goodness, No, I didn't take your response as being a rude one at all. In fact, I appreciated your advice. I have begun allowing my moisturizer to have time to "sink" into my skin before applying my MAC Mineralize foundation.

Thank you for all of the warm "Welcomes." I love reading everyone's opinions on beauty products and skincare. I have learned a lot!

erine1881

Oh my! Goodness, No, I didn't take your response as being a rude one at all. In fact, I appreciated your advice. I have begun allowing my moisturizer to have time to "sink" into my skin before applying my MAC Mineralize foundation.  Thank you for all of the warm "Welcomes." I love reading everyone's opinions on beauty products and skincare. I have learned a lot!
Ok good! :winkiss:

KiKi Kontour

i got a sample to try it out (NW 42) and it feels good on the skin but im it gave me an oily look even after i set w/powder. i have combo skin but i prefer my foundation finishes to be matte (MUFE HD is my fave, followed by mac matchmaster), F&B gives me a slight dewy finish but this mineralized one was too much. I need to stick to my foundation stash i already have n plus i only wear BB creams in the summer anywayz!!
I'm a very blunt, straightforward, no sugar-coating type of person. I guess some people don't handle that type of personality very well.
drinks.gif
and im the same way wit a hint of sarcasm but i appreciate any and all feedback within this specktra fam and if there's any advice im not clear on or need elaboration u best believe i'll just ask!! unfortunately people dnt appreciate the "keep it real" attitude n it came come across as rude but hey give it to me straight up, no chaser
2cents.gif