MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation Collection (March 2013)

erine1881

i got a sample to try it out (NW 42) and it feels good on the skin but im it gave me an oily look even after i set w/powder. i have combo skin but i prefer my foundation finishes to be matte (MUFE HD is my fave, followed by mac matchmaster), F&B gives me a slight dewy finish but this mineralized one was too much. I need to stick to my foundation stash i already have n plus i only wear BB creams in the summer anywayz!! :drinks:  and im the same way wit a hint of sarcasm but i appreciate any and all feedback within this specktra fam and if there's any advice im not clear on or need elaboration u best believe i'll just ask!! unfortunately people dnt appreciate the "keep it real" attitude n it came come across as rude but hey give it to me straight up, no chaser :2cents:
Damn straight girl! And that's why i :heart: you!

Endit

Not to change the subject again, but if you find moisturizer too heavy for your skin, you can try using a serum or antioxidant toner in place of it. They're supposed to go under moisturizer anyways so by design they can't be too product-y feeling. You could also try adding beta hydroxy acid to your routine, as it's pore normalizing properties can decrease oil production.

Gyudy

i got a sample to try it out (NW 42) and it feels good on the skin but im it gave me an oily look even after i set w/powder. i have combo skin but i prefer my foundation finishes to be matte (MUFE HD is my fave, followed by mac matchmaster), F&B gives me a slight dewy finish but this mineralized one was too much. I need to stick to my foundation stash i already have n plus i only wear BB creams in the summer anywayz!!
I can perfectly see why it's working for me and not for you... I couldn't even spread Matchmaster on my face since I found the texture so dry, LOL!

liba

I finally wore my sample. It is definitely moisturizing, but I have dry combination skin, so it isn't too bad. I set the foundation with mineralize skinfinish.

I had no oxidation. It basically looks like my skin but better. I dont know why MAC claims this to be a light coverage foundation. A little goes a long way.
I only just got a sample last week and my MA warned me to only use a teeny bit. I saw how much he used for my whole face and it was like a small baby pea.

I'm surprised it's considered light coverage, too…it seemed just as much coverage as the cream Mineralize, which is what I normally use, if not maybe even a little fuller coverage. Maybe it's just something about how that gel-sort of texture covers the skin? Like it's really only light coverage, but it looks like more because it minimizes the pores SO SO SO well. I don't like to have tons of different foundations on hand, but I really do love the feel and look of this one. It's less casual looking than the cream Mineralize, but a lot less formal and matte than Matchmaster.

Interesting story: My MA was telling me that the MAC higher-ups consider this the most advanced foundation MAC's ever done and feel like all the other formulas could just be removed and it'd be fine (although, for business's sake, that's not going to be happening).

erine1881

I only just got a sample last week and my MA warned me to only use a teeny bit. I saw how much he used for my whole face and it was like a small baby pea.  I'm surprised it's considered light coverage, too…it seemed just as much coverage as the cream Mineralize, which is what I normally use, if not maybe even a little fuller coverage. Maybe it's just something about how that gel-sort of texture covers the skin? Like it's really only light coverage, but it looks like more because it minimizes the pores SO SO SO well. I don't like to have tons of different foundations on hand, but I really do love the feel and look of this one. It's less casual looking than the cream Mineralize, but a lot less formal and matte than Matchmaster. Interesting story: My MA was telling me that the MAC higher-ups consider this the most advanced foundation MAC's ever done and feel like all the other formulas could just be removed and it'd be fine (although, for business's sake, that's not going to be happening). 
The mineralize cream is light-medium coverage as well.

sillygirl82

I only just got a sample last week and my MA warned me to only use a teeny bit. I saw how much he used for my whole face and it was like a small baby pea.

I'm surprised it's considered light coverage, too…it seemed just as much coverage as the cream Mineralize, which is what I normally use, if not maybe even a little fuller coverage. Maybe it's just something about how that gel-sort of texture covers the skin? Like it's really only light coverage, but it looks like more because it minimizes the pores SO SO SO well. I don't like to have tons of different foundations on hand, but I really do love the feel and look of this one. It's less casual looking than the cream Mineralize, but a lot less formal and matte than Matchmaster.

Interesting story: My MA was telling me that the MAC higher-ups consider this the most advanced foundation MAC's ever done and feel like all the other formulas could just be removed and it'd be fine (although, for business's sake, that's not going to be happening).
I'm doing the ultimate test today. I'm wearing it in mid-80's degree heat and humidity in the Mid-Atlantic.

I set it with MAC MSF. What powder do you use if you set it?

Monsy

I got generous sample and have been wearing it last couple of days.
Coverage is VERY light to medium if I build it.
Finish reminds me of Face and body, kind of looks "wet" even after a while so I had to set it with MSFN . Looked a little better but I was not crazy about the combo.
NC20 matches well (I also wear nc20 in all other mac foundations). I think it's less yellow then the other ones
It accentuates my pores A LOT! especially after couple of hours it gets worse and worse
It reminds me a lot of YSL touche eclat foundation when it comes to texture and finish

I wish it had more coverage and if it was more creamy instead "watery"

these are just my first impressions... I usually am big fan of MAC foundations and have been wearing Studio fix fluid and powder for a while, Prolongwear ocasionaly as well as Studio sculpt. The only one I hated was mineralize one in the compact

lilinah

After continuing to test this - thanks to a generous sample - I may buy a bottle in NC15. I have to confess, though, that i use quite the cocktail of face finishing products on my old skin.

First i do my basic skin care - gentle non-sudsing cleanser, salicylic acid-containing toner on my rosacea, AHA exfoliator (avoiding the rosacea), anti-oxidant serum all over, and dark spot lightener where i need it.

I finish with a moisturizer with SPF 25 - it has pure mineral SPF, so it's quite white. I also prefer stronger SPF because of some of the skin care i'm using at night. So i mix it with an equal amount of Dr. Jart Premium Beauty Balm SPF45 PA+++. I like how Dr Jart BB feels, but by itself it's an odd color - too dark and a bit greyish on me. Together the two are still pretty unnatural looking, so i give them 15 min or so to sink in.

Then i dab a little concealer on some discolorations and the dark sunken crescents under my eyes. And i finish up with MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation to even out the color.

I like the "dewy" look. It remains to be seen how this foundation will behave in hot weather. I usually don't bother to set it, but when i do i use MAC MSF Natural or NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder. If it ever gets warm around here (didn't last year... well, maybe 2 days over 75) i will definitely use a setting powder.

I dislike matte foundations because they make me look like a desert tortoise or recently exhumed mummy, in fact all other MAC foundations do that on me. So i am happy MAC finally makes one that's moisturizing.

Monsy

I dislike matte foundations because they make me look like a desert tortoise or recently exhumed mummy, in fact all other MAC foundations do that on me. So i am happy MAC finally makes one that's moisturizing.
Agreed 100%

ahoythere

Just wanted to throw my two cents in here about color.....
I am N1 in Face & Body (it's the best match for me of all MAC foundations), and NW20 in the more neutral formulations (I think Studio Sculpt and Mineralize satinfinish) but I found the NW20 in this formulation to be WAAYYYYYY too pink and dark. I ended up trying NC20, which looked super yellow in the sample jar but actually ended up looking fantastic on my face. It was like some kind of crazy sorcery because I am SO not warm toned! I would say that anyone normally faling in the NW15-NW20 range should definitely get a few samples in store before buying, but also don't rule out the NC's if the NWs are looking too pink.

Oh, and on my dehydrated, discolored, and generally rough and tumble skin this foundation looked DYNAMITE!!! And it felt great all day long.
It is early days still, but I think it is my favorite foundation I have ever put on my face!

ahoythere

Some swatches to show what I was trying to tell......
The inside of my arm is probably like NW5, but my actual face is closer to NW15 or N1 in F&B so I posted the 2 mineralize moisture swatches on the back of my hand as well so you can see.

Left to Right: Mineralize Moisture in NC15, Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 52, F&B N1, MM in NC20, YSL Touche Eclat Foundation BR20, Annabelle BB cream in Light/Med

Left: NC20, Right NC 15 (they are really similar once applied)

Hope this helps someone!

Monsy

I made comparison swatch with other MAC foundations

mineralize moisture is MUCH less yellow compared to other ones

SydVicious

After continuing to test this - thanks to a generous sample - I may buy a bottle in NC15. I have to confess, though, that i use quite the cocktail of face finishing products on my old skin.

First i do my basic skin care - gentle non-sudsing cleanser, salicylic acid-containing toner on my rosacea, AHA exfoliator (avoiding the rosacea), anti-oxidant serum all over, and dark spot lightener where i need it.

I finish with a moisturizer with SPF 25 - it has pure mineral SPF, so it's quite white. I also prefer stronger SPF because of some of the skin care i'm using at night. So i mix it with an equal amount of Dr. Jart Premium Beauty Balm SPF45 PA+++. I like how Dr Jart BB feels, but by itself it's an odd color - too dark and a bit greyish on me. Together the two are still pretty unnatural looking, so i give them 15 min or so to sink in.

Then i dab a little concealer on some discolorations and the dark sunken crescents under my eyes. And i finish up with MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation to even out the color.

I like the "dewy" look. It remains to be seen how this foundation will behave in hot weather. I usually don't bother to set it, but when i do i use MAC MSF Natural or NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder. If it ever gets warm around here (didn't last year... well, maybe 2 days over 75) i will definitely use a setting powder.

lmao.gif

I have been going through the ringer trying to get some foundation matches for my skin. First, I went to a MAC counter and they matched me to NW15. It looked alright in the terrible department store lighting and when I got home and really looked at it, it was horrible. It looked orange on me. So I went back to a MAC Pro store and the guy and I went through a bunch of stuff and I ended up with NC15 with F&B white to bring it down a bit lighter. I also got C1 to mix with the white F&B for humid Tennessee summers (where I lived at the time) and Studio Sculpt NC15 for the times I want that heavier coverage. Well studio sculpt breaks me out like nothing I have ever tried before and I can't wear it even thought it looks amazing on and the color was perfect.

Then MAC came out with the new NW10 and I am able to mix that with the NC15 to get a perfect color match. So now I have the light weight F&B combo and the SFF combo. I would love to try this foundation, I just have such a hard time with getting things to match and the two MAC counters I have been to here in Germany say they don't give samples. So I would have to order it online wait for it to get here and then if it doesn't work out I have to hassle with shipping it back. UGH! I might just have to wing it and give it a try. I love a soft dewy look.

ahoythere

lmao.gif

I have been going through the ringer trying to get some foundation matches for my skin. First, I went to a MAC counter and they matched me to NW15. It looked alright in the terrible department store lighting and when I got home and really looked at it, it was horrible. It looked orange on me. So I went back to a MAC Pro store and the guy and I went through a bunch of stuff and I ended up with NC15 with F&B white to bring it down a bit lighter. I also got C1 to mix with the white F&B for humid Tennessee summers (where I lived at the time) and Studio Sculpt NC15 for the times I want that heavier coverage. Well studio sculpt breaks me out like nothing I have ever tried before and I can't wear it even thought it looks amazing on and the color was perfect.

Then MAC came out with the new NW10 and I am able to mix that with the NC15 to get a perfect color match. So now I have the light weight F&B combo and the SFF combo. I would love to try this foundation, I just have such a hard time with getting things to match and the two MAC counters I have been to here in Germany say they don't give samples. So I would have to order it online wait for it to get here and then if it doesn't work out I have to hassle with shipping it back. UGH! I might just have to wing it and give it a try. I love a soft dewy look.
Yeah, MAC foundations are all over the place with their colors. it is really hard to get a good match, and even if you do in one formula it most likely won't work in another. I think the best product MAC makes is the white F&B because I need to add it to almost all of their foundations! Not even because I am crazy pale, but because I am really neutral when compared to their formulations. For instance there isn't a single color of SFF that I can wear because they are all too "colorful", not even too dark, just crazy pink or peach or yellow or orange. I think Studio Sculpt was the one really good match for my skin but I had to return it too because it clogged all my pores :(
I think that this Mineralize Moisture, for ME, is the most neutral and wearable of all the MAC foundations, and the color is really forgiving on.....it kind of meshes with your skin after a few minutes.
You might want to give it a try in the NC15.

SydVicious

Yeah, MAC foundations are all over the place with their colors. it is really hard to get a good match, and even if you do in one formula it most likely won't work in another. I think the best product MAC makes is the white F&B because I need to add it to almost all of their foundations! Not even because I am crazy pale, but because I am really neutral when compared to their formulations. For instance there isn't a single color of SFF that I can wear because they are all too "colorful", not even too dark, just crazy pink or peach or yellow or orange. I think Studio Sculpt was the one really good match for my skin but I had to return it too because it clogged all my pores :(
I think that this Mineralize Moisture, for ME, is the most neutral and wearable of all the MAC foundations, and the color is really forgiving on.....it kind of meshes with your skin after a few minutes.
You might want to give it a try in the NC15.
Ok, thanks for all the info. I think I will give it a shot.
flower.gif

carvedwords

I've yet to find a proper color match for this one on me. I'm not about to give up, yet. I want another liquid foundation from MAC is the F&B.

brittbby

If anybody is looking for this in NC35, I have it in my sale section. It oxidized too dark on me. I bought it online and just never sent it back because its a pain in the rear. I did buy NC30 cuz I do love the finish.

Jaymuhlee

Old thread, but new to me! I got color matched for the first time at MAC a while ago and the SA used this foundation on me. The color looked great (NC25) but I'm curious if this foundation is wildly different from other MAC foundations color-wise? I'm trying so hard to find a perfect match but in different foundations and I need a point of reference. Any thoughts?