MAC Mineralize Rich Lipstick Collection (March 2013)

Naughtyp

I just tried on lady at play it very pretty and I like the way it feels.
but after an hour and sipping done water I'm left with a ring around my lips. I don't like that
i got up the amp instead. I may go back at the end of the month for Lap or DC I don't know how they will last over a lipliner?

Audrey C

I tried a couple of these on today, and I wasn't impressed. I definitely prefer Crosswires to LAP; it's slightly more muted and I think it has better coverage. The MUA said that LAP doesn't apply as well as some of the others. I also tried on Elegant something or other (too lazy to check the name); it felt fine, but after wandering the mall for an hour it was already wearing off (and I didn't have anything to eat or drink).

I'm not a fan of this line.

ChosenOne

Top: Lady at Play, Crosswires

Bottom: Lush Life, Rebel

Definitely pretty close! At least in swatches. Crosswires does NOT look like that on my lips, lol.

lilinah

I went and tested the Mineralize Rich Lipsticks today. I noticed that in a number of cases there are similar colors in the regular line. But WHAT a DIFFERENCE! I was on a long road trip earlier this week, and i've noticed that my lips get chapped on long driving trips, even when i use a balm regularly, and this time my lips were a wreck. So first i tested some colors on my arm - Luxe Naturale, Dreaminess, and Grande Dame - the rest are just too red or orange for me - and then i decided to try one on my lips.

I chose Dreaminess, which is a neutral pink, paler than my lips but fairly natural looking. After i had the SA clean the stick i put it on. My lips were dried out and chapped, flakey and with hard patches. On first application the bad patches really showed. But within a a few minutes all the rough hard spots had softened up, and after about 15 minutes my lips looked as if nothing had been wrong with them to begin with! Miraculous! I had some lunch and that wore off the lipstick (no surprise there), but my lips still feel wonderful!

The colors are somehow opaque yet not heavy. Coverage is excellent with just a couple swipes. The texture is not sticky or slippery, just nice and creamy. This stuff feels fabulous!

I am DEFINITELY getting a tube, probably Dreaminess, since i've just about used up TWO tubes of different MLBB lipsticks (one being the discontinued and sorely missed Too Faced Centerfold). I may even go back and try on Grande Dame and see if i can wear that.

MACina

Thank you for the swatches, ChosenOne!

I love Rebel and want Lush Life even more now
eyelove.gif

Bottom: Lush Life, Rebel

Definitely pretty close! At least in swatches. Crosswires does NOT look like that on my lips, lol.

MRV

This thread made me put LAP on my lips. Just one swipe and it looks great! The first time I was wearing this I put too much, but now I don't even need a liner.

LoveStoned

Lady in Play and Elegant Access are on my wishlist for sure!
eyelove.gif
However, I might pick a few more when I see them live
sigh.gif
Can't wait to go to Vienna next month to get my hands on some MAC goodies,
cheerleader.gif

elegant-one

I picked up Divine Choice today
love.gif
LOVE this color on!!!! Its such a gorgeous color.

LAP is a must have for all skin tones imho.

I had to laugh...on the MAC site it says DEvine Choice, but on the actual ls box it is Divine Choice with an i.
girlhaha.gif

bulbasaur359

I picked up Divine Choice today :love: LOVE this color on!!!! Its such a gorgeous color. LAP is a must have for all skin tones imho. I had to laugh...on the MAC site it says DEvine Choice, but on the actual ls box it is Divine Choice with an i. :haha:
I noticed that too. I bought it yesterday along w LAP. I'm wearing LAP today and wow is it awesome. The most expensive lippie I own too lol so I'm glad. These r really nice and I do kinda like the packaging. I'm a sucker for packaging tho. Could be my graphic design training lol.

elegant-one

I noticed that too. I bought it yesterday along w LAP. I'm wearing LAP today and wow is it awesome. The most expensive lippie I own too lol so I'm glad. These r really nice and I do kinda like the packaging. I'm a sucker for packaging tho. Could be my graphic design training lol.
girlhaha.gif

LAP is SO beautiful on!!! I love everything about these. The wide scoop curve on the ls actually makes it nice when applying I think. Glad you like the color.

SydVicious

I went and tested the Mineralize Rich Lipsticks today. I noticed that in a number of cases there are similar colors in the regular line. But WHAT a DIFFERENCE! I was on a long road trip earlier this week, and i've noticed that my lips get chapped on long driving trips, even when i use a balm regularly, and this time my lips were a wreck. So first i tested some colors on my arm - Luxe Naturale, Dreaminess, and Grande Dame - the rest are just too red or orange for me - and then i decided to try one on my lips.

I chose Dreaminess, which is a neutral pink, paler than my lips but fairly natural looking. After i had the SA clean the stick i put it on. My lips were dried out and chapped, flakey and with hard patches. On first application the bad patches really showed. But within a a few minutes all the rough hard spots had softened up, and after about 15 minutes my lips looked as if nothing had been wrong with them to begin with! Miraculous! I had some lunch and that wore off the lipstick (no surprise there), but my lips still feel wonderful!

The colors are somehow opaque yet not heavy. Coverage is excellent with just a couple swipes. The texture is not sticky or slippery, just nice and creamy. This stuff feels fabulous!

I am DEFINITELY getting a tube, probably Dreaminess, since i've just about used up TWO tubes of different MLBB lipsticks (one being the discontinued and sorely missed Too Faced Centerfold). I may even go back and try on Grande Dame and see if i can wear that.
You just sold me! I will be grabbing a few tubes. I think I might order Style Surge, Elegant accent and Devine choice. I have been going through all of Temptalia's swatches and those three colors really grabbed me.

Seven Of Nine

Does anyone have All Out Gorgeous?? Is AOG very similar to Deeply Adored, Runaway Red or other red lipsticks?
And is Lady At Play very similar to the Watch Me Simmer?

elegant-one

I posted comparison swatches of Watch Me Simmer next to LAP just a page or two back. No, it is not similar to it.

ChosenOne

Does anyone have All Out Gorgeous?? Is AOG very similar to Deeply Adored, Runaway Red or other red lipsticks?
And is Lady At Play very similar to the Watch Me Simmer?
I don't have AOG (yet) but here's LAP and WMS in what's left of the natural light coming through my window:

Top: Watch Me Simmer, Bottom: Lady at Play

I would say say Watch Me Simmer is a little brighter and a little more pigmented. HTH

Seven Of Nine

I don't have AOG (yet) but here's LAP and WMS in what's left of the natural light coming through my window:

Top: Watch Me Simmer, Bottom: Lady at Play

I would say say Watch Me Simmer is a little brighter and a little more pigmented. HTH
Thank You Girls!
bouquet.gif
LAP seems to be very facial. I think it's worth it to have ..?

And there is still the question of AOG
anyone.gif

janineios

I bought Dreaminess, tried it on, and hate it. I'm too lazy to go back to the MAC store to return it LOL so if anyone wants to purchase, PM me!