MAC - Naturally Discussion

shontay07108

I got Pillow Talk lipstick and Hot Spell lipglass from this collection. I love, love, love Pillow Talk. Finally, the nude I have been looking for. It's a true nude on me. No lip pencil needed, no gloss needed. I can't believe it. I will be buying another this weekend. Hot Spell is pretty, also. I was surprised at how dark it looked in the tube. I applied it lightly on top of PT and it gave PT a little kick. The one bad side, though is that it doesn't have that Mac scent. It has that horrible, plastic scent. You ladies know what I mean? It's like from a bad batch or something. It's OK. I have a couple of lipglasses like that. I'll deal. Of all the things I got today, Pillow Talk lipstick is my fave.

elegant-one

Of all the things I got today, Pillow Talk lipstick is my fave.

Yes, it makes me want to throw up!
puke.gif

I think it has something to do with that particular color range. Like whatever they use to make that color. blech!

shontay07108

Yes, it makes me want to throw up! :barf: I think it has something to do with that particular color range. Like whatever they use to make that color. blech!
I think you're right. My 3N lipglass is the same way and that's in the same color family. Gross. I posted this in the Iris Apfel thread, but here it is again: Hot Spell, top left and Pillow Talk, top right There's no point in posting pics of me wearing Pillow Talk and Hot Spell b/c it looks like nothing. Seriously, it's my lips but better. The camera can't capture it. It's slightly lighter, but that just evens it out (my top lip is a bit darker than my bottom lip).

bronzedbeauty18

Yeah, Early Morning looks like it'll be just fine on our skintone, but Fresh Honey is the one that I'm feeling hesistant about... :-(
If you get to swatch Fresh Honey tomorrow, please share. I won't be able to get by my local counter for a while, but I can make an online order
type.gif

bronzedbeauty18

Thanks Shontay! Pillow Talk is on my list. I hope it's like my beloved Touch.

There's no point in posting pics of me wearing Pillow Talk and Hot Spell b/c it looks like nothing. Seriously, it's my lips but better. The camera can't capture it. It's slightly lighter, but that just evens it out (my top lip is a bit darker than my bottom lip).

Richelle83

Going in the morning to see the whole collection, I'll swatch the MB's and MES's also I'll swatch Pillow Talk to see how that will look on me[FONT='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif].[/FONT]

VampOwl

I am going to see this collection in person on Friday afternoon, and am dead set on getting Redhead MSF and Sweet Sunrise l/s! I will gladly pick up the other nude lippies if they are not too dark, as well.

I am debating getting Fresh Honey MB. I have come to the conclusion that I don't love pink blushes on me because have natural pink undertones in my skin already so I am trying to get into peachy blushes. I was thinking about getting Mac Peaches blush, but now I'm considering Fresh Honey. I'm just worried Fresh Honey will come off too harsh orange on my pale NW20 skin. Which would be the better choice?

Icecaramellatte

I didn't notice this at all with Hot Spell, in fact I just bought a backup. I did think that Hot Spell wasn't as sticky as some other lipglasses I have. I was thinking maybe they had changed the formula. But then again I think my allergies have affected my sense of smell somewhat.

elegant-one

I'm trying to remember why I passed up Pillow Talk the first time.

I saw some pics in some Spring mags today & it appears that colors like Fresh Honey were used a lot

ladyarwen

I just put on A Perfect Day to test out. When I first opened the tube, I was horrified to see that it reminded me a lot of Myth, which doesn't get along with me at all. Even when I first put it on, I was feeling I was going to be disappointed. However, when I looked at myself for a good minute, it definitely looked much more flattering. It also helps that it's an Amplified, so it went on a lot smoother. I think teamed up with the right eyeshadows and blushes, APD will definitely be a winner with me.

xasperadastra

I just put on A Perfect Day to test out. When I first opened the tube, I was horrified to see that it reminded me a lot of Myth, which doesn't get along with me at all. Even when I first put it on, I was feeling I was going to be disappointed. However, when I looked at myself for a good minute, it definitely looked much more flattering. It also helps that it's an Amplified, so it went on a lot smoother. I think teamed up with the right eyeshadows and blushes, APD will definitely be a winner with me.

Is it darker than Myth?

liba

It's so great when you find your perfect nude! Quest complete! I was thrilled like that when I found Restrict, but I already know that half the year, my skin is going to be too dark for it - maybe one from Naturally will work instead.....looking forward to finally checking it all out tomorrow.

GreigeClarity

I just got my shipping notice - but I paid for express shipping. I've had bad experiences shopping LE collections with standard shipping; to me it seems like they take their time processing the standard shipping orders and the express shipping orders go out first. It's happened to me 3 times when I've ordered from an LE collection right when it launched and selected standard shipping and had one or more items get 'backorder cancelled'. I've never done standard shipping since, and I've not been backorder cancelled since.

Maybe give their customer service line a call? MAC's site says it can take one or two business days to process your order and it's been two days now, so they should be able to tell you what's taking so long.

I hope you get your shipping notice soon! let us know what they say if you call!

My order is still pending *sigh*

martiangurll

I avoided the MSF both because I am a total glitter phobe. Please tell me I am NOT going to regret skipping? I am a NC 15 to 20. And I am one of the few that hated Stereo Rose, because the metallic finish was just too fake looking. Now regretting I skipped Blonde MSF. Maybe I will have to go swatch, hoping they don't sell out at my Macy's before I get the opportunity...

Latest posts