MAC Nudes & Metallics Collection (April 2013) Pro Store Only

MRV

Talking about eye shape and lining, I was reminded of the difficulty of it yesterday. I have quite open eyes, so that you can see the upper inner rim between the lashes and eye balls. I was wearing Avenue on my upper lids, and it looked so odd again. A heavier line on my upper lids also narrows the visible lid space, which is not a lot to begin with. Maybe I have to try to line the upper rims only (I don't tight line or line lower lids except for the lower inner rim with the nude Chromographic Pencil), but it might be difficult with my contacts and runny eyes. Which products I could use?

MACerette

I loooove Avenue. Just scored a new one from the clearance bin this week. Just opened my second one because the first one had a stronger smell than the others. Just to be safe. However, it is a f/l I wear in fall and winter, usually not in spring or summer. I love it long time
amuse.gif

Funny thing is I wanted to skip Avenue at first and in the end ended up liking it a whole lot better than the other three MAC Me Over f/l.

liba

I lost my Pre-Raphaelite and wound up buying one on Ebay (for a reasonable price and free shipping, thankfully). Just got it and noticed the name of the lipstick wasn't printed on the end of the box as usual.

The lipstick looks right (since I did use my old one before I lost it). Can anyone confirm they have a Pre-Raphaelite with a lot #AA2 ? My Show-All is AB2, so I'm 99% sure this isn't a fake, but that box disturbed me a little!

butterflyeyes

I lost my Pre-Raphaelite and wound up buying one on Ebay (for a reasonable price and free shipping, thankfully).  Just got it and noticed the name of the lipstick wasn't printed on the end of the box as usual.  The lipstick looks right (since I did use my old one before I lost it). Can anyone confirm they have a Pre-Raphaelite with a lot #AA2 ? My Show-All is AB2, so I'm 99% sure this isn't a fake, but that box disturbed me a little!
Mine has a batch number of AA2. Not sure how to spot a fake of this collection but I would assume you're ok. I finally reluctantly listed some of the shadows and one of the nude lipstick backups I had for this collection in the clearance bin lol. It was soooo hard! I really hope people aren't floating fakes out there though. That would be horrible!

liba

Mine has a batch number of AA2. Not sure how to spot a fake of this collection but I would assume you're ok. I finally reluctantly listed some of the shadows and one of the nude lipstick backups I had for this collection in the clearance bin lol. It was soooo hard! I really hope people aren't floating fakes out there though. That would be horrible!
The stupid thing was, less than a week before, right after I lost it, it was STILL on the mac site for sale - I even had it in my cart! When I went back to make my purchase (since I'd been toying over getting one of the holiday eye bags or not), it was gone.
crybaby.gif

Maybe it'll wind up like my Bite of an Apple blush, that rolled under a bookcase and was gone for over a year before I finally found it again.
eeksign.gif

butterflyeyes

The stupid thing was, less than a week before, right after I lost it, it was STILL on the mac site for sale - I even had it in my cart! When I went back to make my purchase (since I'd been toying over getting one of the holiday eye bags or not), it was gone. :crybaby: Maybe it'll wind up like my Bite of an Apple blush, that rolled under a bookcase and was gone for over a year before I finally found it again. :eek:
You'll find it once you stop looking for it lol. That's how it always happens lol

Deneb

I'm quite sad I missed this collection... But by that time I was soooo pregnant that I didn't take the time to care about it. Fingers crossed for a repromote ! As for the eyeliner discussion, I can't do a harsh line, I prefer a smudged one, it is easier and especially it suits me better. And I line only the outer third since my eyes are so round and hooded. I enjoy reading your comments so much ! So instructive !

kirtchik

Hello Ladies, not sure if it's known already but just wanted to say: Show all AND Subverted are both available on Mac's website right now (look under limited edition lipsticks)! :) I ordered both cause I missed them earlier...not sure if they restocked but just wanted to let everyone know :)

Yazmin

Hello Ladies, not sure if it's known already but just wanted to say: Show all AND Subverted are both available on Mac's website right now (look under limited edition lipsticks)! :) I ordered both cause I missed them earlier...not sure if they restocked but just wanted to let everyone know :)
Those two never sold out, as far as I know.

butterflyeyes

Biggest regret: Not buying a backup of Barefaced blush! I absolutely love it and use it almost every day (even with other blushes). First time I've ever regretted not backing up a blush! Might have to start searching for one soon

PixieDancer

Biggest regret: Not buying a backup of Barefaced blush! I absolutely love it and use it almost every day (even with other blushes). First time I've ever regretted not backing up a blush! Might have to start searching for one soon
Man! I have to use mine! I've made SM my go to blush and even backed that one up!! BF always looks so weird to me in the pan in my blush palette, so I honestly never use it! I have to make myself use it instead of defaulting to my favs. I'm sure I'd like it if I used it!

butterflyeyes

Man! I have to use mine! I've made SM my go to blush and even backed that one up!! BF always looks so weird to me in the pan in my blush palette, so I honestly never use it! I have to make myself use it instead of defaulting to my favs. I'm sure I'd like it if I used it!
I barely use SM although I really like it. I just tend to go for BF or Blushbaby. I thought putting everything in my palette would help me rotate but I still end up dipping my brush in those two lol.

PixieDancer

I barely use SM although I really like it. I just tend to go for BF or Blushbaby. I thought putting everything in my palette would help me rotate but I still end up dipping my brush in those two lol.
SAME EXACT PROBLEM! LOL Guess you need to start dipping into SM and I need to dip into BF!! This collection was SO great! I wish MAC would do some more really nice edited collections with consistently great products like this in the future. It definitely didn't get the attention it deserved! I feel like I have little hidden gems in my stash now thanks to this collection!

GlamQueen21

Using Stylish Me blush with Small Vanity blush are amazing together!! Both of them are my go-to blushes on days of when I cannot decide what blush to wear.

PixieDancer

Using Stylish Me blush with Small Vanity blush are amazing together!! Both of them are my go-to blushes on days of when I cannot decide what blush to wear.
I still kick myself for skipping SV blush!! But You're absolutely right about SM... I always use that when I'm in a hurry and want a nice blush! I know it will go with anything!! SO glad I BU'd that blush! Even if I never get thru the 2nd one, I know I won't hesitate to use it just because I'm afraid to be without it. Sometimes a BU is just a security blanket! LOL

Latest posts