MAC Packed to Go Travel Sets Discussion

2browneyes

I'm wondering about the quality of the SE brushes. I think I was reading somewhere here on Specktra that the SE brushes aren't as good quality as the SH or full sized brushes. I'd love to purchase one or both of these sets but not it the quality isn't worthwhile.

Makeup Emporium

I'm wondering about the quality of the SE brushes. I think I was reading somewhere here on Specktra that the SE brushes aren't as good quality as the SH or full sized brushes. I'd love to purchase one or both of these sets but not it the quality isn't worthwhile.

The SE brush sets are made in China whereas the full sized and SH brushes are mostly made in Japan, France or the US. I find that the quality of the SE brush sets is not quite as good as the full-sized versions however they do serve their purpose. I have sets that I use for just travelling. So if you are going to use them for travel then I would recommend but if you are mainly using brushes at home than I would stick to the full-sized ones. Hope that helps!

LMD84

i have had many brush sets and they are very good. i only had one issue with a foundation brush which fell apart. but i have had brush sets for over 4 years now and this wasn't one of my eldest ones - i think it was just a dodgy brush. overall i am quite pleased with mine. but now i have a few i tend to buy the big versions of brushes now. but the sets are an awesome way of starting off a brush collection.

Alisha1

i have had many brush sets and they are very good. i only had one issue with a foundation brush which fell apart. but i have had brush sets for over 4 years now and this wasn't one of my eldest ones - i think it was just a dodgy brush. overall i am quite pleased with mine. but now i have a few i tend to buy the big versions of brushes now. but the sets are an awesome way of starting off a brush collection.
Hmm I've heard many times before that the quality isn't that good but this is making me think twice! I really want one of those cute makeup bags the sets come with!

LMD84

Hmm I've heard many times before that the quality isn't that good but this is making me think twice! I really want one of those cute makeup bags the sets come with!
if it helps, sometimes people sell the bags seperately because they don't want them :) i bought the holiday 2009 bag off somebody on here for a couple of pounds :)

VanillaCupcake

Has anyone bought shape and perfect brush kit? How's the quality of the brushes?

I really, really want the 187, but it's $50 here in Canada, so I thought that it would be a better deal for me to buy the brush kit, because it comes with the 187 plus four other brushes for $59.50.

wondering.gif
Not sure what to do.

Courtney <3

Has anyone bought shape and perfect brush kit? How's the quality of the brushes?

I really, really want the 187, but it's $50 here in Canada, so I thought that it would be a better deal for me to buy the brush kit, because it comes with the 187 plus four other brushes for $59.50.

wondering.gif
Not sure what to do.

Thats what i was thinking. there are alot of MAC things ive been wanting for a looooong time, and most of them are in the kits. so i think im leaning heavily toward buying a few of these! being on a student budget stinks, but things like this make it easier to get more colors without spending a ton of money!

LMD84

i'm a little annoyed because the couple of shadows that are only in these palettes look really nice - however i have all the other shadows so i can't buy one palette for one freaking shadow!

internetchick

I have been so out of the loop with MAC that I didn't know about these until I saw them on Temptalia. I am ordering both! The red palette is so unique.

m0rg3nst3rn

I hope that they repromote Stormy Love as well as A Brown Suit and Tendersmoke because I have all of the other colors or ones that are similar in these palettes and those three shades are so beautiful.

internetchick

Well, I had two (Shroom and Tempting) from the green palette, but even so that palette still comes out to be a good deal. I am a sucker for red and green shadows. :) Plus I get the free Quite Cute pins.

internetchick

I got my palettes today, and I am returning them. They are so poor quality. The cool palette doesn't seem red toned at all, more like berry. It is very chalky and poorly pigmented. The warm toned shadows are too hard and poorly pigmented. HATE them both. :(

Mac-Guy

I bought both sets and the quality is not too bad. I only use them for traveling. Mind you, they shed more than the full-size brushes at the beginning, but after a couple of washes, they seem to be fine. In comparison to the full-size versions, the 129 and 187 seems to have the largest difference: the 129 feels more synthetic and the 187 is less dense. Overall, I would repurchase them just for the fact that they are so handy for traveling.