MAC Pink 4 Friday Discussion

chickatthegym

When did you get this email?

I was online at 11pm EST and waited and waited for the site to load and then when I finally got Pink Friday in my shopping bag, it froze again... then I got to the step where you put in the gift wrap code and it froze yet again! Then after 30 mins of hitting refresh, it said the lipstick was no longer available!!!

About Pink 4 Friday by M·A·C Cosmetics and Nicki Minaj: The hip-hop diva has personally designed a Limited Edition M·A·C Lipstick to celebrate the release of her highly-anticipated debut album Pink Friday. Putting her trademark Barbz glamour twist on a bright, creamy pink satin formula, Nicki says, "M·A·C's Pink Nouveau was my favourite lipstick for years, but now it's all about Pink 4 Friday!"

LMD84

there is a notice on the uk site that i have only just noticed saying the lippie will be back in stock on 17th december. i think i shall get it, i'll regret it if i dont!

User67

I got this email as well. My question is how do you reserve one even after it's sold out?

About Pink 4 Friday by M·A·C Cosmetics and Nicki Minaj: The hip-hop diva has personally designed a Limited Edition M·A·C Lipstick to celebrate the release of her highly-anticipated debut album Pink Friday. Putting her trademark Barbz glamour twist on a bright, creamy pink satin formula, Nicki says, "M·A·C's Pink Nouveau was my favourite lipstick for years, but now it's all about Pink 4 Friday!"

mmarlbo

Really nice colour! And nice to see that they're offering more for a limited time for those of us who missed the boat earlier. :)

BeautyByLele

I called the customer service to check the status of my order because I got a confirmation email but when I checked the status on the MAC website it say back order. The rep explained to me that they only had received a certain amount of l/s and those were processed. And because of the demand they were "making" more lipsticks thus they were able to back order lipsticks. They stated that the l/s could ship out however it would more that likely be towards the end of Dec. She assured me I would receive my l/s becuz I was able to backorder . I dunno we'll see !!!!

LoveMakeup4Real

I called the customer service to check the status of my order because I got a confirmation email but when I checked the status on the MAC website it say back order. The rep explained to me that they only had received a certain amount of l/s and those were processed. And because of the demand they were "making" more lipsticks thus they were able to back order lipsticks. They stated that the l/s could ship out however it would more that likely be towards the end of Dec. She assured me I would receive my l/s becuz I was able to backorder . I dunno we'll see !!!!

BeautyByLele

Im glad you at least got one!!!!!!!!!!! I just checked my account again and it stills says backorder, so I will keep checking to see if the status changes to canceled. Thanks for telling me to call and make sure.

LoveMakeup4Real

I called again, backorders WILL be shipped out, for sure! MAC customer service said they allowed those who didn't get a chance time to place an order more time although they were out of stock; they'll be getting more in soon; so backorders did go through. So no worries. You'll be getting yours too. Ok i'm done lol.
Im glad you at least got one!!!!!!!!!!! I just checked my account again and it stills says backorder, so I will keep checking to see if the status changes to canceled. Thanks for telling me to call and make sure.

openexpression

Mine went through last night at about 11:35pm CST...and I just got an email at 9:03pm (Friday night) saying that it shipped out today. I hope you ladies got yours!

nonchalantbeaut

I keep checking my order status on MAC website and it said pending. I called customer service and they said it's being shipped on Monday. So if you have a pending order status, I would call them to make sure of what's going on.

macgirl3121

Mine went through at 9:20 PST/11:20 CST and my status says backordered. Really MAC? I don't understand how mine got backordered.

Mine went through last night at about 11:35pm CST...and I just got an email at 9:03pm (Friday night) saying that it shipped out today. I hope you ladies got yours!

openexpression

IDK...I think MAC had something in place for people who had it in there cart 1st. I put it in my cart at 11:00pm but with all of the servers timing out and extremely slow processing, I couldn't finalize the order until 11:35pm. I was actually surprised that it was still in my cart because the system completely kicked me out and I had to sign in again and everything.
th_dunno.gif

LoveMakeup4Real

Another way to check to see if your order went through is to check your bank or CC info. My bank statement online says "pending, temporary authorization"... MAC charges you once package is delivered.

BeautyByLele

I just got an email from MAC, so according to this email backorders will be shipped . . . . . eventually:

Thank you for your recent purchase at MAC Online.

Regrettably, we are unable to fulfill your order for the following item(s) as it is temporarily out-of-stock. We expect to ship the item(s) below within two weeks. If you wish to cancel the shipment of any item, please contact us at 1-800-866-6464. We will ship any non-canceled item(s) as soon as it is available, with no additional shipping charges.

*M3EW-79 PINK 4 FRIDAY LIPSTICK 1 14.50

Please be assured that you will not be charged for any canceled or unshipped item(s). When the item(s) becomes available for shipment, you will receive a confirmation via email with the shipping details.

Best regards,
Barbi
MAC Online
Customer Service