MAC Posh Paradise Discussion

liba

I'll have to try it out and see how it goes. It will depend on how opaque these shades are. If they are just a wash of color and/or look rather natural, I will obey Liba's order
kissy.gif
Hehe, I'm not the orderin' type, but I will say this about Mattenes: they blot down to a wonderful finish that reads matte without looking dry and smoothly pigmented without looking patchy, chalky or clumpy. So, while I dunno about a wash of color, I think it'll give you an interesting texture that will read bold and masculine, without being anything like a balm or gloss finish (which is sort of overdone in men's makeup looks, if you ask me).

All in all, if you're the type with a good jawline, a darker-than-natural brown shade, blotted down, would really accentuate male lips in the rugged version of MLBB. Bone structure'll probably be the deciding factor, but I liken it to Mehr for gals - that's a weird color that shouldn't seem "right" but the depth combined with the matte texture pretty much make my lips pop right out from my face (no additional lip liner or gloss).

LOL, you know me - I like makeup on guys and am always busy thinking about divergent ways to take it up from merely yet another gothic look or TV game show host contour-fest.
2cents.gif

xasperadastra

yuppyyyyyyyyyy ^^^^^^^ finally we can see something... and probably during the first days of september we will see swatches since it launches the 15th of september in USA... how much are paint pots and mattenes in europe? (euro)

Mac-Guy

I'll definitely give Seeds of Desire and Naked Bliss a try. I'm currently sporting 3-day stubble, so let's see how that look goes with mattenes, hehe :)

sss215

The purple paint pot in the promo pic looks pretty flat/matte. The navy blue one does too. I hope they are don't have a sheen/pearl to them. So far everything looks good.

Mac-Guy

The purple paint pot in the promo pic looks pretty flat/matte. The navy blue one does too. I hope they are don't have a sheen/pearl to them. So far everything looks good.

I thought all of them had a frost finish. Over time, I learned not to trust any promo pics, but I still hope that some of the p/p have a cream finish.

shontay07108

Yeah, the pp's are all frost finish. I see a sheen to them in the promo pics. I would love to have just a flat cream finish, but the couple of frosty pp's I have don't bother me. I want Treasure Hunt, Genuine Treasure, and Pure Creation. I am so excited for them!

sss215

I thought all of them had a frost finish. Over time, I learned not to trust any promo pics, but I still hope that some of the p/p have a cream finish.
so true!

I don't mind the frost too much. I just prefer to add pearl/sheen in when I want. Like Rubenesque is not for me cause its too shimmery for my liking. On the other hand, Constructivist is one of my favorite paint pots and the sheen in it is perfect. Its going to be fine because I will most likely put a matte shadow over them anyway. I love that MAC is finally opening up the PP color range to include more blues and purples.

liba

I'll definitely give Seeds of Desire and Naked Bliss a try. I'm currently sporting 3-day stubble, so let's see how that look goes with mattenes, hehe :)
Just blot those babies right down on moisturized lips and you can rock it with the stubble!
dapimp.gif

Kawaiiamaiai

I think I may have tried to block this collection out of my mind for a while there... sadly the paint pots keep calling me back. I think after seeing the promo pics I'm gonna need 4 of them. That means I'll be limiting my CS haul to just a quad (and maybe lightscapade) and my MMO to Midnight Blues f/l and Lady Grey quad if it swatches well.

BeckyBenett

surprisingly, im most excited for this collection! macmeover and CS kind of bored me. but i can totally wrap my grubby hands all over these mattenes and paintpots. i only have 1 paintpot so i need more!

i cant decide between the 2 purple paintpots though. which one will be more usable?? hmm..

ROlean

OMG
eyelove.gif
.... Just saw the promo pic. I want all the paint pots. Every single one. Plus after reading Liba's review of the Mattenes I think I might give them a try. This collection is going to hurt. I only just spent a small fortune on Semi Precious (ended up getting everything but the glosses and a couple of the ls, brushes and mes). MAC is evil. Well I guess I'll be passing on MMO and SD, and probably limiting CS to the MSFs.

Of course the pp could always end up swatching horribly. I do wish they would have made a few with a cream finish. I don't own any of the frost. What is the finish like? Is it a sheen, sparkle, or full out glitter bomb? Are there any other products by other brands that compare?

wishonastar

Oooooooo

Ahhhhhhhh

Preeeettttyyyy!

I am so getting every single paint pot... only if they aren't crazy frosty like Cham-Pale as I barely touch them. My other PPs are Bare Study and Rubanesque so if they are like those, great :) I will probably get a couple of mattenes, maybe Naked Bliss, Rare Exotic, Deliciously Forbidden. I will see how they fare in swatches.

Eleentje

Apparently, the paintpots from this collection are not very frosty. A Mac MUA said that the only sparkly ones with real sparkly shimmer to them were Treasure Hunt and Genuine Treasure. All the rest were creamy with maybe a slight sheen (think Quite Natural/Groundwork).

ROlean

After Looking at Christine's individual promo pics ( http://www.temptalia.com/mac-posh-paradise-collection-for-fall-2011-official-information#more-30677 ), I think I can start narrowing my list. I'm actually a little disappointed in the purple PPs. I was hoping for something more lilac - lavender, or at least a little more variation between the two. Hyperviolet really seems to be just a darker Half Wild. I think I can also scratch off Genuine Treasure. Imaginary is a happy surprise though. I can see it looking awesome under HoS from SP.

ROlean

That's awesome. I really love the formulation of Groundwork. Next to Painterly, it's my favorite.

Apparently, the paintpots from this collection are not very frosty. A Mac MUA said that the only sparkly ones with real sparkly shimmer to them were Treasure Hunt and Genuine Treasure. All the rest were creamy with maybe a slight sheen (think Quite Natural/Groundwork)