MAC Posh Paradise Discussion

liba

I have a nyx jumbo stick that might be similiar to Half WIld, and I agree, Hyper Violet is the purple I need. Prince NOir and Potent Fig and I did not get along.
If Prince Noir and Potent Fig aren't working for you, definitely check out Seeds of Desire and perhaps Unknown Pleasures if you want something redder. Those are some great vampy lips that aren't too cool or purplish, but aren't overly warm either.

(not to be an enabler, lol
blush-anim-cl.gif
)

m0rg3nst3rn

Yay! I ordered this one. Thanks for your thoughts on Naked Bliss too...I was thinking along the same lines. :)
I have heard that with cream products it's best to just scrape of the top layer of product because the bacteria aren't penetrating the product and are just on the top layer. Do you find this to be true? What do YOU do?

elegant-one

And now for my favorite color of the whole range: Deliciously Forbidden!! On me, it's a perfectly gentle, subdued rose color - not bright or flashy, but rich. More colorful than simply MLBB, but not a color that's going to hog your whole face, just accentuate it and make you look sexy and radiant. On my lips, it's quite different and less bright than Temptalia's swatch. I liken it to Flaunting It Kissable Lip Colour - it's a color that looks fresh and different that enhances the woman underneath the makeup rather than upstaging her. Seriously check this one out - it's magic.

I just got my DF & I LOVE it on my lips. Its such a pretty rosy pinky berry color on my lips. I agree, it's a beautiful rich color. Makes your teeth look really white too.

rockin

I'm not a gold/yellow nail polish lover to be honest, it's not a common color but I think you should try it since some say it's not easy to apply! I can't think about dupes at this moment... probably Peridot has something in common to it! (it's odder than immortal gold but I prefer peridot but argh is expensive!) uhhh there is a sephora nail polish dupe for Peridot
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Finyourface.at%2F4385

Copperhead

Just came back from Dillards. I picked up the 2 that I thought might sell out first, Idyllic and Half Wild. Hubby will be birthday treating me to at least 3 more tomorrow. After swatching them all, I definitely want Nubile, Pure Creation and Imaginary. I swatched them all on my hand and they're all lovely. I may end up getting Genuine Treasure and Hyperviolet too. Treasure Hunt may be the only one I don't get because I have Base Light Paint which is very very similar and I barely even use it.

I also swatched a couple of Mattenes (Rare Exotic, Potent Fig, Fresh Amour, Legendary and Naked Bliss). They're all very nice. Not sure if I'll get any but they're all very nice.

GlamQueen21

I have placed an order on Nubile paint pot last night and it shipped. I'm now wanting Idyllic, Genuine Treasure and Treasure Hunt now LOL! I am really hooked on this collection!

princess sarah

Thankyou for that information, im really paranoide now to open my paintpots too early incase they start crawling!!

Perhaps i need to keep these in the fridge to preserve them until its time to open them. and maybe have a few pots open at a time and keep the spares put away in the fridge

I scrape the top with a clean brush when i use it and keep it up side down when i have finised with it, how do people sanitise their pots?

Yay! I ordered this one. Thanks for your thoughts on Naked Bliss too...I was thinking along the same lines. :)

internetchick

I did some playing with my PP, and Nubile is very different from Painterly IMO. Painterly tends to turn some shadows ashy on me, and Nubile does not. I like the tones of it better, and think Nubile is a much better product than Painterly. I am considering a backup.

LeeleeBell

I did some playing with my PP, and Nubile is very different from Painterly IMO. Painterly tends to turn some shadows ashy on me, and Nubile does not. I like the tones of it better, and think Nubile is a much better product than Painterly. I am considering a backup.

omg gmta, I feel the same...and I *just* posted a swatch comparison in the PP swatch thread. In comparison to painterly, nubile is more peach...tho it looks skin tone on me

I ended up purchasing Rare Exotic Mattine lipstick, and the p/ps in Half Wild, Blue Creation, Idyllic, & Nubile. I took a pass on Treasure Hunt because I have MUFE #11. I bought #11 after waiting a century for M.A.C. to re-promote Cash Flow. Of course isn't a dead-on dupe... MUFE #11 is more yellow gold and Treasure Hunt has less shimmer, but I have come to really love the gold of #11 and not picking up Treasure Hunt frees up some funds for a little variety in my kit. I find Nubile to be completely different than painterly paint pot, it is much closer to Perky as I remember it (Fafi collection).

internetchick

omg gmta, I feel the same...and I *just* posted a swatch comparison in the PP swatch thread. In comparison to painterly, nubile is more peach...tho it looks skin tone on me

I just saw that. I took a comparison shot as well for my blog. I can post mine in the swatch thread too. On my skin they look even more different.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Wow. I totally missed the boat on this one. It launched yesterday, I went today and they were already sold out of Potent Fig and Unknown Pleasures, which are the two shades I was really interested in. Guess I should have grabbed them at the Pro store.

Mac-Guy

Wow. I totally missed the boat on this one. It launched yesterday, I went today and they were already sold out of Potent Fig and Unknown Pleasures, which are the two shades I was really interested in. Guess I should have grabbed them at the Pro store.

I hope you can still find Potent Fig at another store. It is so your color!