MAC Posh Paradise Discussion

Allura Beauty

Half the PPs are sold out already.
amazed.gif

xasperadastra

I'm not a gold/yellow nail polish lover to be honest, it's not a common color but I think you should try it since some say it's not easy to apply! I can't think about dupes at this moment... probably Peridot has something in common to it! (it's odder than immortal gold but I prefer peridot but argh is expensive!) uhhh there is a sephora nail polish dupe for Peridot

Shellcat

Here ya go: More swatches with Idyllic...my FAVORITE P/P from this collection:

Top to bottom: Carbonized, Coppering, Cranberry, Sweet Chestnut, Brash, and Quarz Fusion

!

Piarpreet

not really, when freezing takes place completely (long enough in the freezer i'd say 2 days) their structure and cellwalls/capsules (bacteria's skin) breaks and dissembles the organelles. Nucleotide still has the genetic info and they could reproduce, but only if other bacteria around them is alive at that time to adapt that genetic information. But they are all dead. I would suggest permanently keeping your stuff in the fridge. But the freezer thing done periodically is a good thing.

Prettypackages

It was oogly on me. LOL
My nordies didn't have half wild. But I got the rest except for PUre Creation.

Still can't decide on the mattenes. I got the light purple though.

It has enough red in it to look natural. I would never ever apply it as a thick layer (nor on me or on another person), but apply a thin layer, blot, apply another layer, blot hard, and you are ready to go, especially if you wear a shiny or glittery eye. If you can, swatch it for yourself and try to use different techniques. Happy hauling.

Prettypackages

I noticed that Idylic was close to one, and they have some light ones I wondered if they 'd be good dupes for Nubile and THunt.

Just got my Paint Pots and did a few swatches for you guys!

From Top: Pure Creation, Half-Wild, Genuine Treasure, Nubile, Treasure Hunt, Imaginary

I'm going to do a swatch comparing a few of these with the MUFE aqua creams I have that come close.

Prettypackages

Half Wild was just regular. I have a few shadows very similar, and when it comes to purple, Push the Edge pigment is my HG purple, and I still have the original pigment jar so, I'm please with that.

Hyperviolet should be a damn lipcolor. I didn't even try it on my eyes, thinking, this should be on my lips... SO pretty, but I usually don't do deep berries on my lids. I can't wait to see what people do with it.

I have a nyx jumbo stick that might be similiar to Half WIld, and I agree, Hyper Violet is the purple I need. Prince NOir and Potent Fig and I did not get along.

martiangurll

Do any of you folks think they will re-stock Half Wild. I vacilated too long and its sold out everywhere. I guess I can go to evilbay. It is really the main one I want, but it looks like Nubile and Idyllic are gorgeous too. Not sure I want Idyllic since I have Artifact. Oddly, I am considering the blue one...

gracie90

Quote: Originally Posted by LiLBeautyBarbie
I think I might have to get a BU of Idyllic!

What have you been using it with??

liba

I wanted to post about my haul yesterday, but things were too hectic.

'Gotta say, I am just THRILLED the Mattenes are back. The colors in this range are tightly edited and are all pretty much fabulous. There's something for everyone here - even you, Mac-Guy - 3 day stubble and all!

The texture on these is so wonderful; soft, light & moist. A little goes a looooong way.

Here's a tip: If you just want a stain, apply it and then wait a couple of minutes until you feel like it's really well set, THEN blot. Believe me, you will have a rich stain that will not budge. Yesterday I couldn't get Rare Exotic off my lips through 2 makeup removal wipes, drinks, a meal and then scrubbing hard with my cream cleanser at night. It was still lightly staining my lips when I woke up this morning.

Another thing, the cap on Legendary was loose and wouldn't snap back into place after the first time I removed it. I rang up my store and was told they had replacement caps they can swap it out with, so that's very nifty (not that I wouldn't mind getting a second Legendary - it's nice to have a brick red that's a mid-tone, instead of super deep).

These have a pretty thin consistency (which is why they're so great, imo) so if your lips are really cracked, you're going to have to stretch your lips flat when you apply to get proper coverage, but once it sets, the color and finish sort of fuses and will look velvety and smooth. No need to keep layering it on to get it even, just give it a couple minutes and a moderate layer will set up just fine. A lip primer that forms a second skin-like seal over your lips could come in handy here if your lips are very rough, but greasy lip balm that doesn't really sink in or a very creamy lip pencil might clash with the Mattene formula and prevent it from setting and giving smooth color coverage. The formula itself is so light and moist - my lips actually are in better condition today after wearing Rare Exotic all day yesterday and I didn't put balm on at night.

I'm perhaps a little too old for light nude mattes, or the colors were a touch too subdued for my skin tone - Naked Bliss and Delectable were flattering colors, but somehow dragged my skin down and made it look dull. If you're young enough to be able to rock a really matte finish on your skin or are a touch darker than NC15 or are an NW, these might be amazing. I bet even I could pull them off if I wore them with a very finished face using foundation and just the right highlighter or skin finish, but I can live without all that.

Surprisingly enough, the only light color that really looked fantastic was Fresh Amour. I've been accumulating lavender lippies and this is certainly the bluest one I own. It nearly glows with a bluish cast. It's not super matte either. I didn't have to make any extra effort to pat it on or rub it into my lips or blot it for it to work, although let's face it, it's not exactly a natural style color. I came into the store prepared to be very skeptical of this one and it won me over instantly instead.

Rare Exotic was another one I wasn't even going to bother with, but it's actually pretty unique looking due to its brightness and the matte texture. If Candy Yum Yum was too thick feeling or was too light and silly looking, check this one out - it's like the mature, serious, fall version with all the opacity and matte qualities with half the heaviness on the lips.

If you liked Temper Tantra Kissable Lip Colour, you're going to love Legendary. It's what I'd call the fall version, plus I think the matte finish is extra-suitable to a color like this. It's nice to see a brick red that's not blackened or too deep. Gives a much softer look for a pale person like me and is going to be seriously MLBB for darker skin tones. I'm wearing it today with Geo Pink c/s/g over it highlighting the full parts of the lip and it's soft and dramatic at the same time. This is a shade I can't always pull off, but Legendary is just right to easily wear without having to go through a lot of contortions. I can't wait to try Krazy Kahuna over it, too!

I've already posted about Potent Fig and Seeds of Desire. Short version: LOVE THEM - Seeds of Desire is the most wearable deep chestnut/mahogany brown I've come across - not too warm or cool, not too red or yellow. If you never thought you'd find a dark brown you could rock, check it out. Extremely fashion forward color. Potent Fig is very close in color to Faultlessly F/W from a couple years ago, which is great, because I missed that one when it came around. If you want a deep blue-purple with a wonderful texture, there's really nothing much closer to perfection than this, especially because it's nice and deep without being too dirty or blackened - it's still a rich, brilliant color, if not outright bright. If I back up any of these Mattenes, I should probably back this one up, since this is just a classic dramatic color in an excellent formula. It does take a little faith to apply properly, though, since when you're first putting it on, it might seem a little uneven. Don't panic! Just force yourself to do a moderate single coat and let it set. It'll smooth right out as soon as it dries down and you are good to go.

And now for my favorite color of the whole range: Deliciously Forbidden!! On me, it's a perfectly gentle, subdued rose color - not bright or flashy, but rich. More colorful than simply MLBB, but not a color that's going to hog your whole face, just accentuate it and make you look sexy and radiant. On my lips, it's quite different and less bright than Temptalia's swatch. I liken it to Flaunting It Kissable Lip Colour - it's a color that looks fresh and different that enhances the woman underneath the makeup rather than upstaging her. Seriously check this one out - it's magic.

summerblue

I just bought Treasure Hunt. Don't think I'll wear it alone, but will use it as a base. It's slightly creamier than Painterly or Soft Ochre, but it's not anywhere as creamy as Bare Study. I have a noticeable yellow undertone, so blue- & red-based purples make me look bruised, teals sour on my skin & red-browns are totally unflattering so that's why I passed on the others.

I did wear Genuine Treasure home on 1 eye. It is a mid-tone yellow-based brown with nano-sized gold flecks. Was surprised that the flecks stayed put. The only fallout I experienced right under the eye was when I inadvertently rubbed by eyes on a couple of occasions & still it held well to the lid with very little fallout. I'm impressed. The only reason I didn't purchase was because I would rarely reach for it, and I do have a full jar of antiqued gold pigment. But, if you can use this, I say definitely go for it. In incandescent lighting the teeny-weeny flecks reflect turquoise, red & gold. Quite lovely. It would be good to have for those of you that go out after work. If you wear a brown e/s you can easily put a layer of on & go from day to night. If applied sheerly it is quite demure. IMO, it's very acceptable for work.

I did call MAC online on Wed. & they said that they wouldn't be getting any restock so I should grab it. She said that the blogger's collection was the only collection that they ever did get restock on. Have no doubt that with it's popularity & the quick sell-out of Treasure Hunt & Idyllic (Genuine Treasure, too?) that they will definitely repromote because a lot of gals missed out

Winthrop44

And now for my favorite color of the whole range: Deliciously Forbidden!! On me, it's a perfectly gentle, subdued rose color - not bright or flashy, but rich. More colorful than simply MLBB, but not a color that's going to hog your whole face, just accentuate it and make you look sexy and radiant. On my lips, it's quite different and less bright than Temptalia's swatch. I liken it to Flaunting It Kissable Lip Colour - it's a color that looks fresh and different that enhances the woman underneath the makeup rather than upstaging her. Seriously check this one out - it's magic.

Yay! I ordered this one. Thanks for your thoughts on Naked Bliss too...I was thinking along the same lines. :)

liba

Yay! I ordered this one. Thanks for your thoughts on Naked Bliss too...I was thinking along the same lines. :)
My real life makeup buddy is an aerospace engineer - don't ask me why, but I always get a kick out of a scientifically minded woman who also loves her girly makeup stuff! Go Winthrop44!!!
bouquet.gif