MAC Posh Paradise Discussion

aradhana

so my package of goodies arrived today, but i've been holding back opening anything...esp going to think twice before opening a paint pot, after hearing about the free radicals collecting in my already open ones from when they first came out!

i'm kind of wondering whether the microwave technique on temptalia would have any effect against the free radicals....or make it worse?

anyway, i also went into the store today to check out genuine treasure since i passed on it online...i picked up that one, plus legendary black. they look kind of ugly pretty together...at least on my hand they did! i had already ordered half-wild, legendary, imaginary and seeds of desire and legendary mattenes. i'm starting to question legendary, although it looks fabulous on everyone else, since it swatched orangey on me in the store, but i guess we'll see when i try it on my lips!

i started to wish whether i should have picked up unknown pleasures and potent fig but i guess i have to draw the line somewhere....

oh i also swatched the light blue shadow from style driven on my hand, and it kind of had a slightly green tinge to it! but i decided i might wait on that and the red gloss till spring since they're permanent....

Shellcat

Here is GT tapped over some other colors. omg omg
heart.gif
eyelove.gif

edit: sorry about the dry hands, I'm an obsessive hand washer.
I totally agree! It can spice up ANY eyeshadow!!! I was playing with it and a few MES from the Semi-Precious collection....Veeeerrrry Niiiiiice!

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Here's what I got:

37385140_MAC20110915.jpeg

My thoughts: Loving the colors and texture! Genuine Treasure is not what I had hoped it would be, but I'm sure I can make it work, so I'm keeping it. Nubile and Idyllic really surprised me. Much much better than the swatches online! They're definitely a must-see/swatch/try in person. I fell in love with Half-Wild and Pure Creation. Gorgeous colors! I also really like Treasure Hunt. It's just beautiful. I can see myself using this one a lot. Imaginary is one amazing color. Almost duochrome-y. Hyperviolet is just okay for me. I'm gonna have to play this one.

And the Mattenes... my first 2 Mattenes! They feel amazing on the lips!
kiss.png
I want to get a couple more, but I must exhibit some sort of self-control.

Shellcat

BTW...I LOVE Genuine Treasure!

***Sorry, don't know how to quote with the multiple quote boxes yet... LOL!

sss215:

It was so pretty, and complex, but it left too much glitter on my lids and in the eye area.

I agree, it definitely IS glittery. I don't think I can use it by itself, for everyday wear... But over or under an eyeshadow, it is gorgeous!
eyelove.gif

LeeleeBell

Ok Teggy, gotta take back what I said. Now that I have Half Wild in hand, I agree they are more similar than previously thought. The store lighting made it seem a lot more like they were so different. But I am glad I got Half Wild...cuz Hyperviolet was way too dark

Got my haul! Posted a picture in the swatch thread.

In person, Half-Wild and Hyperviolet were kind of similar. Hyperviolet is more of a bruised purple, and more on the matte side. Half-Wild is every so slightly shimmery and more grape. I'm not sure I love it. It may be too similar to Hyperviolet to keep, but I'll give it a shot. Imaginary is tricky though. Indoors, it looks blue, but in sunlight, it looks purple.

I ended up buying Rare Exotic, not that I need ANOTHER bright pink, but it was pretty. Applied very well. You gotta be able to work a color like that!

I also tried on Potent Fig which is very pretty, but I didn't think I would wear it enough to justify purchasing it. Plus I have Night Violet (which is more red) and I rarely use it.

LeeleeBell

I was surprised that I only ended up really wanting one mattene because the colors weren't "calling me" as anything different from what I already own. I did buy delectable tho I am kinda *meh* on the color, but I love the finish, omg. I hope future collections have more of these mattenes in more vibrant colors (other than hot pink and red). I traded the other mattene I was going to buy for Rain of Flowers nail polish cuz it was so gosh darn pretty
greengrin.gif
thud.gif

eta: My swatches are up in the swatch folder

kimibos

I picked up today:

Nubile
Idyllic
Treasure Hunt
Genuine Treasure
Half-Wild

...and the Lady Grey quad, that I left out from the MMO collection.

I have been experimenting with these P/P with the MES from the Semi-Precious collection, and I must say....just WOW! Half-Wild with Hint of Sapphire is BEAUTIFUL!

If anyone is curious and would like to see any pics with eyeshadows on top of any P/P above, give me a holla!
Amen to that.... i tried it as soon as a read this!! i would deff love to hear more of your combos since im a makeup newbie!! BRING the INSPIRATION ON Shellcat!!

MissKittie

Hey girls!!! This is my first time posting on here after lurking for awhile lol. Anyway, I got Eden Rouge Mattene, the gold polish, Imaginary, half wild and treasure hunt p/p. The Macy's didn't have Potent Fig or Rare exotic, but I really want these! Idyllic looked too much like Artifact so I skipped that one. I'm regretting not geting the Genuine Treasure paint pot...oh well, hopefully my Macy's still has it tomorrow

Copperhead

Hey girls!!! This is my first time posting on here after lurking for awhile lol. Anyway, I got Eden Rouge Mattene, the gold polish, Imaginary, half wild and treasure hunt p/p. The Macy's didn't have Potent Fig or Rare exotic, but I really want these! Idyllic looked too much like Artifact so I skipped that one. I'm regretting not geting the Genuine Treasure paint pot...oh well, hopefully my Macy's still has it tomorrow

Welcome MissKittie! Nice haul you got there. I don't have Artifact so Idyllic is one of the PP's I anticipate getting my little hands on. I think it may look nice under MAC's Sensualize e/s and it may do something a little different to MAC's Mythical e/s although I love Mythical on its own without any additional color underneath. Enjoy your goodies!

duckrodeo

After seeing Temptalia's swatches I decided I wanted Half-Wild - apparently everyone else thought it was an awesome shade, too! Boo! lol. I finally found it on Bloomingdales.com but there was a note saying they needed to check to see if the item was in stock and if it wasn't I would be contacted. *crossing my fingers*!! I've placed three separate orders from different places for paint pots, it's such a hassle! one for Nordy's, one for Macy's, and one for Bloomingdale's. I ended up making a boo-boo and ordered one of Pure Creation in two separate orders. Idk what I would do with two of them! Thankfully Nordy's offers free returns.

singer82

Fresh Amour or Deliciously Forbidden... Whats the best out of the two ?

edit: NM I decided to get niether. Thier colors i'd have to see in person

Posh code doesnt work anymore, anyone know of another shipping code?

m0rg3nst3rn

so my package of goodies arrived today, but i've been holding back opening anything...esp going to think twice before opening a paint pot, after hearing about the free radicals collecting in my already open ones from when they first came out!

i'm kind of wondering whether the microwave technique on temptalia would have any effect against the free radicals....or make it worse?

anyway, i also went into the store today to check out genuine treasure since i passed on it online...i picked up that one, plus legendary black. they look kind of ugly pretty together...at least on my hand they did! i had already ordered half-wild, legendary, imaginary and seeds of desire and legendary mattenes. i'm starting to question legendary, although it looks fabulous on everyone else, since it swatched orangey on me in the store, but i guess we'll see when i try it on my lips!

i started to wish whether i should have picked up unknown pleasures and potent fig but i guess i have to draw the line somewhere....

oh i also swatched the light blue shadow from style driven on my hand, and it kind of had a slightly green tinge to it! but i decided i might wait on that and the red gloss till spring since they're permanent....
Free radicals in paint pots?

LMD84

great haul and welcome to specktra!

Mac-Guy

IMO, that's a very bad idea as you don't know what chemical reaction this would trigger. You probably would not even consider to microwave a sunscreen out of fear that it would not work anymore, right? So don't do it with a p/p then.

makeupgrrl

I went to my local store and picked up Genuine Treasure, Treasure Hunt, Half Wild, Rare Exotic, Eden Rouge, Fresh Amour, Delectable, and Immortal Gold. I wore Half Wild under Satellite Dreams yesterday with Fresh Amour on my lips and it was stunning. I love Half Wild since I tend to wear a lot of purple shadows. I am still debating Nubile since I have a full jar of Painterly. Although in me Nubile is much more pink. I am also debating potent fig...it is beautiful...but I usually wear much lighter lippies.

shannnybannny

OctoberViolet

I received my package last night. I played around with Half-Wild since it's my first ever paint pot. I think I need to work on applying it better. It went on nice and smooth, but after awhile of wearing it in the house it seemed to cake. It might have been due to my being tired & stressed and not really knowing how to apply it. I will play with it again tomorrow.

As for the mattenes. Why did I not know about these a long time ago? They feel like velvet on my lips!!!!

Fresh Amour- it's a little lighter than I had thought it would be. I wanted something close to Lavender Whip. This reminds me of Blooming Lovely from the Liberty of London collection. I love the color, but just wish it had a tad more darker lavender to it. It appears very light on me. Maybe it's for the summer more than the Fall.

Deliciously Forbidden - I absolutely love this shade!!! It's a brigh wineberry color on my lips. - GORGEOUS!!!- It's

Potent Fig - comes on very dark. Almost like a blackened deep plum, but it settles into a deep lavender/violet color on me. Beautiful! I may p/u a back-up of it. I wish they would make this color/finish into a regular tube type lippie.

Overall I am extemely satisfied with my order. MAC has me very pleased with their items again. Very good quality in my opinion.

Latest posts