MAC Prep for Colour Discussion

bumblebees24

Although the colors were nice I didn't pick anything up from this collection. Go will power! Not sure I can say the same for the upcoming collections though.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebees24
Although the colors were nice I didn't pick anything up from this collection. Go will power!

What's will power?
blush-anim-cl.gif

I've already kicked my resolve to the curb and bought Prepped for Glamour,
and I have a horrible feeling that I may eventually go for Sorcery, though I still have feeble hopes of convincing myself that it's just too red for me.

monter

I wasn't planning on getting anything from this collection (NONE of the collections have really grabbed me lately - I've only bought By Candlelight, So Sweet, So Easy, and both VG lippies since Warm and Cozy!), but I went to MAC to get my makeup done for my law school formal on Saturday... the MA used all three colors on my eyes, and uggh. Had to buy at least Hey (which she used as a tearduct/center of the lid highlight) and Prepped for Glamour (which she used all over the eye). I knew that PfG was very similar to Satin Taupe, which I already have (along with Smoke and Diamonds and Style Snob, which are probably also similar enough for a casual makeup junkie like me), but I just had had had to have them.

I skipped on Sorcery because I thought it was similar enough to Embark or maybe Folie (and I have both), but after seeing swatches, I think I'm going to have to go back for that one too! :p

bumblebees24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
What's will power?
blush-anim-cl.gif

I've already kicked my resolve to the curb and bought Prepped for Glamour,
and I have a horrible feeling that I may eventually go for Sorcery, though I still have feeble hopes of convincing myself that it's just too red for me.

I know huh!! I just splurged on the Sephora Beauty Insider sale so I'm in the same boat as you
nope.gif
. Curbing MAC just leads to another temptation. Darn you makeup!!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by monter
I knew that PfG was very similar to Satin Taupe, which I already have (along with Smoke and Diamonds and Style Snob, which are probably also similar enough for a casual makeup junkie like me), but I just had had had to have them.

Since you consider Smoke & Diamonds, Style Snob, and Satin Taupe "similar enough," you have a little ways to go before you're a hard-core makeup junky, but it sounds like you're definitely a fast learner!
winks.gif

As for Prepped for Glamour, an online MAC artist just admitted that it's similar to Satin Taupe, but she added that Prepped for Glamour is "a little darker," and approved my idea of wearing the two together, highlighted with Shroom.
I am seriously into this neutral eyeshadows, bright lips thing!
greengrin.gif

Camnagem

After going back and forth over and over again about these eyeshadows...

PfG is close to Satin Taupe/Style Snob.
Hey is reminiscent of numerous other shadows I have.
Sorcery is Sketch-ish?

...It so doesn't matter, I got all 3.
th_roll1.gif

What can I say, these are colors I love on my eyes and I couldn't resist adding more...Taupey and peachy things make me happy.

TeresitaMC

You guys are doing what I am trying not to do!
lol.gif
Buying even though there are dupes, because we have love for these colours
lol.gif

I wanted PfG because I love that sort of colour! And hearing that it is darker than ST...that would get me!! But I thought it was said to be lighter? Maybe I am remembering incorrectly..

I waited on Art Supplies because I was trying to decide on this collection, only to decide against it all and then lose out on Dirty GPS =/ and yet I am still left wondering!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
After going back and forth over and over again about these eyeshadows...

PfG is close to Satin Taupe/Style Snob.
Hey is reminiscent of numerous other shadows I have.
Sorcery is Sketch-ish?

...It so doesn't matter, I got all 3.
th_roll1.gif

What can I say, these are colors I love on my eyes and I couldn't resist adding more...Taupey and peachy things make me happy.

Spoken like a true MAChead!
th_shake2.gif

I'm still skittish after almost missing out on both Hypnotizing and Style Snob.
I saw them, and in both instances told myself firmly, "Carla, you do not need another taupe eyeshadow!"
Then, I got on this neutrals-with-a-hint-of-plum/lavender/mauve kick, and lo and behold, both shadows fit that description perfectly!
I snatched up Hypnotizing when it went into the "Goodbyes," and scored a Style Snob on eBay.
Now, I don't know how I could continue to respire without either of those shadows.
Back to topic: The above incident motivated me to go ahead and get Prepped for Glamour (one excuse will do as well, as another, I guess) for fear that it may turn out to be one of those "sleeper" items that I'll kick myself later for not jumping on.
Now, if MAC would just ship mine ...
th_wallbash.gif

GlamQueen21

Aw, man!! Now I'm lemming on Prepped For Glamour e/s!!! I have Satin Taupe and I'm a huge sucker for taupey colors! Darn you enablers!!!
getyou.gif

sheaspearl83

I just looked at this collection today and definitely need neutral colors and if Prepped for Glamour is darker than Satin Taupe, then I must buy! Reason enough to purchase the others for a quick look at 7 a.m. Thanks!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
Aw, man!! Now I'm lemming on Prepped For Glamour e/s!!! I have Satin Taupe and I'm a huge sucker for taupey colors!

I hear you!
I went back and forth, too, until finally someone advised me to "end your suffering" and buy it.
Of course, then the only polite thing to do was buy it right away!
blush-anim-cl.gif

Mine is to be delivered on Friday, so I can report on it Saturday.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Yeap didn't want anything from this collection before, still don't!

snap! i'm still skipping, even though the gloss and shadows are rather pretty!

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Yeap didn't want anything from this collection before, still don't!

It really isn't a collection to raise the blood pressure.
HOWEVER, my long-debated Prepped For Glamour eyeshadow was delivered yesterday, and I'm more pleased with it than I was afraid I'd be.
It *is* fairly similar to Satin Taupe, but, comparing the two side-by-side, I actually think I like Prepped For Glamour a bit better.
I like them both, but Prepped For Glamour looks brown, while Satin Taupe has gray undertones. Prepped For Glamour comes pretty close to being a slightly darker, less shimmery pressed powder version of the hallowed Coco pigment.
I'm wearing Prepped For Glamour today in the crease, with Style Snob on the lid, and it's a great soft neutral brown look.
I don't think I'd have hated myself forever for skipping Prepped For Glamour, but I'm glad I did get it.

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
It really isn't a collection to raise the blood pressure.
HOWEVER, my long-debated Prepped For Glamour eyeshadow was delivered yesterday, and I'm more pleased with it than I was afraid I'd be.
It *is* fairly similar to Satin Taupe, but, comparing the two side-by-side, I actually think I like Prepped For Glamour a bit better.
I like them both, but Prepped For Glamour looks brown, while Satin Taupe has gray undertones. Prepped For Glamour comes pretty close to being a slightly darker, less shimmery pressed powder version of the hallowed Coco pigment.
I'm wearing Prepped For Glamour today in the crease, with Style Snob on the lid, and it's a great soft neutral brown look.
I don't think I'd have hated myself forever for skipping Prepped For Glamour, but I'm glad I did get it.

Glad you liked it
smiles.gif

sapnap

Prepped fpor glamour is so pretty! its defnly darker than ST on me.. kinda like the MES Midnight madness but slightly less darker and less shimmery.. beautiful! and great for a quick look.. Hey is pretty too..

monter

^ get it. it's such a pretty color - good in the crease, good all over the lid for evening looks.

i have yet to go back to my local freestanding to get sorcery - i think i might pick up the l/g from this when i'm there too. :/

TeresitaMC

^ I saw PfG today!! It's true it doesn't have the shimmer, which I guess I am used to and favor I suppose.
th_dunno.gif
I swatched it like 4 times on different fingers and my hand and couldn't get myself to totally fall in love! I'm saving money, so why am I so disappointed?
ssad.gif
I tried looking for Satin Taupe to compare the two but I couldn't find it anywhere
nonono.gif

Oh and on another note, Hey e/s is a-maz-ing!!!! It was soooo beautiful and so smooth!! I think if anything, I will get this one.
smiles.gif
Um, if it's even still available by the next time I make an order
lol.gif