MAC Prep for Colour Discussion

GlamQueen21

^The crescent is a dirty grey brown while the base is gold. The crescent gets used the most and I love using it in the crease.

vintageroses

I went to get prepped for glamour, since i don't own ST! It's gorgeousss! I used it today & it was amazingg!
greengrin.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
^You haven't seen MM? It's so pretty! When I swatched it at my MAC store along with the other MES that Magic, Mirth and Mischief collection that came out, MM won me over! I had to have it and so glad that I own it.

MM it's gorgeous!!
love.gif

The very same happened to me... when I swatched it I had to have it!!
yahoo.gif

vintageroses

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I'm kinda scared to get Prepped for Glamour b/c I really hate Satin Taupe. It just looks like poo on my lids.

haha! oh noo
ssad.gif
i can't do a comparison for you since i don't have ST! Head to a mac store to swatch it!
greengrin.gif
I like it & i'm quite tanned (NC45) so it might work for you too!

shontay07108

lol.gif
Well, I've swatched it quite a few times and I still don't know what to think. When I swatched Satin Taupe, I thought it would be ok, but nope. It's just a pile of poo.
lol.gif

purrtykitty

I think PFG is more shimmery that ST, at least I thought so when I swatched it. So maybe sparkling poo on you, Shontay?
cutey.gif

PinkBasset

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I think PFG is more shimmery that ST, at least I thought so when I swatched it. So maybe sparkling poo on you, Shontay?
cutey.gif

lol.gif
rofl.gif
yucky.gif
th_roll1.gif

missboss82

I don't think PFG looks like Satin Taupe. I swatched PFG in the store the other day and it reminded me of Satin Taupe, but when I swatched Satin Taupe I knew I had to get PFG. They are in the same color family but not exactly alike.

shontay07108

I have to be the voice of dissent once again,so here goes: Tissue Weight kicks Hey's a$$. I put it on today (and I already own Hey). I am definintely glad I picked up TW.

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by missboss82
I don't think PFG looks like Satin Taupe. I swatched PFG in the store the other day and it reminded me of Satin Taupe, but when I swatched Satin Taupe I knew I had to get PFG. They are in the same color family but not exactly alike.

^
iagree.gif

I own both, and compared side by side, Prepped For Glamour is brown, albeit a cool brown, while Satin Taupe looks grayish.
I think both are well worth owning, if you love neutral shadows, which I do.
Some days, depending on my mood/what I'm wearing, I go for a gray, while some days I favor a brown.
That said, if you're seriously into makeup, as I suspect that most people on this forum are, I think you'll use and enjoy both Prepped For Glamour and Satin Taupe.
Personally, I like Hypnotizing on the lid, Satin Taupe in the crease, for a gray taupe eye, and Style Snob (or Stila Grace) on the lid and Prepped For Glamour in the crease, for a brown taupe eye.