MAC Prep + Prime CC Colour Correct (February 6, 2014)

User38

My mom is pretty pale and has lots of redness in her cheeks and I was thinking of maybe getting her Neutralize to help with her rosacea, would the powder or the liquid be best? She usually wears a liquid foundation.
Naomi, I bought the lavender for my yellow toned skin.. MAC sent me a lavender and a yellow (neutralizer). In my packing rush I threw in the yellow one, and I have been feeling more yellow. lol.

neutralize would help her tone down.. I have the liquid CC cream and the powders in lavender. I think the liquid might ease her into the cc products.

if she likes it, then get the powder as they work well together. hth

NaomiH

Naomi, I bought the lavender for my yellow toned skin.. MAC sent me a lavender and a yellow (neutralizer).  In my packing rush I threw in the yellow one, and I have been feeling more yellow. lol. neutralize would help her tone down.. I have the liquid CC cream and the powders in lavender.  I think the liquid might ease her into the cc products.   if she likes it, then get the powder as they work well together. hth
Thank you HG! I'll grab her the yellow liquid when I place my Osbourne's order. :)

SatelliteDrmr

For undereye correction (I'm around NW15 with lovely blue circles), would you suggest adjust or recharge CC cream? I'd be using it in conjunction with concealer.

MRV

For undereye correction (I'm around NW15 with lovely blue circles), would you suggest adjust or recharge CC cream? I'd be using it in conjunction with concealer.
I have the yellow cream. I use it on my face but I'm not sure if this product would be the best for under eye correction formulawise (the colour yellow would be ok for me though). It is quite a sheer product compared to other concealers/correctors I have.

I also use the purple powder to brighten the area below my under eye area.

SatelliteDrmr

I have the yellow cream. I use it on my face but I'm not sure if this product would be the best for under eye correction formulawise (the colour yellow would be ok for me though). It is quite a sheer product compared to other concealers/correctors I have.

I also use the purple powder to brighten the area below my under eye area.
Awesome thanks! The sheerness is what has me thinking I could get away with the darker orange corrector, with concealer layered on top. I've tried studio corrector (I think that's what it's called) in peach, but it's a bit too creamy, and slides around.

The last time I was at a counter, these were sold out, and the girls working didn't seem to want to give their customers much attention, so I didn't bother to try. Next time, I will go to the F/S store and try some of these out :)

MRV

Awesome thanks! The sheerness is what has me thinking I could get away with the darker orange corrector, with concealer layered on top. I've tried studio corrector (I think that's what it's called) in peach, but it's a bit too creamy, and slides around.

The last time I was at a counter, these were sold out, and the girls working didn't seem to want to give their customers much attention, so I didn't bother to try. Next time, I will go to the F/S store and try some of these out :)
Yes, you should def. try the product out to see if you like it or not. Maybe they'll give you a sample, too.

I have also tried to use the Studio corrector, but it creases on me. Recently I have started to put on the Mineralize concealer in NW first and then some NC concealer on top of that (I'm NC) to fix the rest. It works quite well atm for me.

mjG7

I am new here...just recently bought the lavender compact and I love it! I tend to colour correct with a green concealer for my redness, then use a powder foundation (over a BB cream) then finish with a dusting of the lavender powder all over. It brightens my very fair cool toned skin and gives me a subtle glow....it is drying under my eyes though, so I skip that area...

MRV

I've hit pan on my Illuminate compact. I've used up a few MSFNs but this is a first with other powder products.