MAC Prep + Prime CC Colour Correct (February 6, 2014)

mosha010

Thank you so much But the question now is.. which one? The cream, the loose or the pressed powder? What will work the best?
i know you didnt ask me and im not an expert BUT IMO this goes with the needs of your skin: do you have dry skin? do you think youll benefit from the cream as a tinted mosturizer? do you already have a bb or a foundation you prefer? then get the powder. do you think youll need touch ups on the ggo? go with the compact... i personally already use a bb that takes care of my redness so the compact was the way to go since i can touch up after i get out of the gym (i go at lunch and have to return to work... so being able to powder up a lil is an advantage) if you enjoy the loose powders more go for that.. if you have oilyness that can benefit from a powder.. ther eyou have it.. ask your skin what does it need

SleepingBeauty

I got the loose powder in Illuminate today. I put it on at the counter but I couldn't see any difference... The MUA said she could see some but, oh well, they're supposed to sell their products at all costs.
girlhaha.gif
I'm gonna use it with a kabuki/flat top tomorrow and work it into my skin. I want to get the yellow CC Cream as well but it was sold out and since they're perm, I've got plenty of time.

User38

I think if you got the illuminate, maybe you should try the illuminate cream too.. that way you will see more of a "difference".. bearing in mind that difference is subtle.

Prettypackages

I chose the compact because I preferred the sheerer texture it has, plus a compact with mirror is handy. So far these have had such good staying power, I haven't really needed touch ups, though!
cheerleader.gif

Products like these in the past never were quite right or required so much fussing, but these are so foolproof and easy to deal with, and such results!!!! I'm a total convert too.
heart2.gif
You guys have sold me on these.
Of course I was told to check out adjust, but I want some brightening and illuminating too.
Still haven't bought any. LOL Maybe this weekend.

mosha010

Update On My 3rd week On this powder: I have completely stopped using regular mineraliZe powder foundation and only use bb and a swish of the illuminate. Fastest face ever since the beginning of my makeup years

OctoberViolet

Update On My 3rd week On this powder: I have completely stopped using regular mineraliZe powder foundation and only use bb and a swish of the illuminate. Fastest face ever since the beginning of my makeup years
iagree.gif
I love my Illuminate face powder. It's so subtle, but I see a difference. I am going to b/u once I have some extra money.

Yogirl

The products will be in store in the UK from tomorrow on, they are online since last weekend, but I want to try before I buy first.
I'm really looking forward to these, you ladies may have convinced me.

SleepingBeauty

I think if you got the illuminate, maybe you should try the illuminate cream too.. that way you will see more of a "difference".. bearing in mind that difference is subtle.

Thanks for the advice, HerGreyness! I definitely will when I have some extra money. I wanted to get the neutralising cream first, so I ordered the CC cream today.

Quote: Originally Posted by mosha010

Do you use the compact or the loose?

User38

good going.. me too!.I love the look with just loose powder on top.

mosha010

Quote:Originally Posted by mosha010

good going.. me too!.I love the look with just loose powder on top.
Right!??? Very foolproof and prob the one thing I've been using back to back to back.... Another proof of the quality of perm stuff always being better. Le is fun to chase and all but we forget how good a lot of the perm stuff is.

User38

I found a concealer from a pvt label co, which is also a very light lavender.. it's perfect so far
bigheart.gif
.. as light as the cc cream but a tiny bit denser.. works like a dream!

SleepingBeauty

How do you ladies apply the primers? I tried using my fingers but it didn't work out the way I'd thought and then I used my foundation brush but I'm not 100% happy with it either.

patentg33k

How do you ladies apply the primers? I tried using my fingers but it didn't work out the way I'd thought and then I used my foundation brush but I'm not 100% happy with it either.
I've been using fingers for the cream. A MAC SA recommended layering with the 159 (duo-fiber)

patentg33k

I guess we'll just have to try it for ourselves to see!
I'm NC15 so I have no basis to respond, really, except to talk about these generally.

These can be sheered out like an instagram filter, or built up by dabbing, dabbing, dabbing (then topped with a concealer or foundation.

So I can see using Adjust under the eye to brighten (very softly) any blueness under the eye area. But as an NC15 with dark circles, Recharge cancels blue much more effectively. I'm saying that to give you some idea of how really, really subtle the coloring of these are unless you dab, dab, dab them.

If you are covering blueness/hyperpigmentation, I'd stick with Recharge. Adjust is pretty sheer to do that job, even on me, and sometimes I still top it with an concealer that has a super warm cast. Adjust is sort of workable to cancel my blue circles, but I use Recharge every day.

I'm going to use my Adjust to combine under the eye area to give a little brightness. Almost like YSL touché éclat but more sheer and with that unusual "huh, I can't tell you're wearing anything, your skin just looks better" kind of way.

As Hergreyness pointed out, Illuminate cancels yellow tones out. I've done that several times, and I like the effect. It doesn't seem to leave a white cast, because I think that there is very little white in the base of it. I guess "filter" is the best way that I can describe it. So if you want to neutralize yellow tones, it does that just like a filter on a camera. Since these are so transparent, I can't think of any reason that it wouldn't do the same on all skin tones.

Sorry I can't be more on point for you. I was stumbling around using these wrong for a few weeks myself. After talking to numerous SA's, and finally hitting the jackpot with a demo at a Pro store, I began to understand these way better for myself. Obv, we can't all get to the stores, but if you can do a demo w/an SA before investing, it's really worth the time because getting that kind of advice can make a huge difference in how my skin looks on a daily basis. It's like amazing, once I understood them.

Bottom line--there's a limit to the color correction because these are transparent. I thought Adjust would be my HG, but really Recharge is the one for me. On the other hand, the reason that these are sort of cool and awesome is because they are transparent--there really isn't much in the market like these at all.

I'll be using Adjust under eyes to brighten, or maybe as a very, very sheer all-over instead of foundation.

dcarrington

I'm NC15 so I have no basis to respond, really, except to talk about these generally.

These can be sheered out like an instagram filter, or built up by dabbing, dabbing, dabbing (then topped with a concealer or foundation.

So I can see using Adjust under the eye to brighten (very softly) any blueness under the eye area. But as an NC15 with dark circles, Recharge cancels blue much more effectively. I'm saying that to give you some idea of how really, really subtle the coloring of these are unless you dab, dab, dab them.

If you are covering blueness/hyperpigmentation, I'd stick with Recharge. Adjust is pretty sheer to do that job, even on me, and sometimes I still top it with an concealer that has a super warm cast. Adjust is sort of workable to cancel my blue circles, but I use Recharge every day.

I'm going to use my Adjust to combine under the eye area to give a little brightness. Almost like YSL touché éclat but more sheer and with that unusual "huh, I can't tell you're wearing anything, your skin just looks better" kind of way.

As Hergreyness pointed out, Illuminate cancels yellow tones out. I've done that several times, and I like the effect. It doesn't seem to leave a white cast, because I think that there is very little white in the base of it. I guess "filter" is the best way that I can describe it. So if you want to neutralize yellow tones, it does that just like a filter on a camera. Since these are so transparent, I can't think of any reason that it wouldn't do the same on all skin tones.

Sorry I can't be more on point for you. I was stumbling around using these wrong for a few weeks myself. After talking to numerous SA's, and finally hitting the jackpot with a demo at a Pro store, I began to understand these way better for myself. Obv, we can't all get to the stores, but if you can do a demo w/an SA before investing, it's really worth the time because getting that kind of advice can make a huge difference in how my skin looks on a daily basis. It's like amazing, once I understood them.

Bottom line--there's a limit to the color correction because these are transparent. I thought Adjust would be my HG, but really Recharge is the one for me. On the other hand, the reason that these are sort of cool and awesome is because they are transparent--there really isn't much in the market like these at all.

I'll be using Adjust under eyes to brighten, or maybe as a very, very sheer all-over instead of foundation.
Wow!! Thank you so much for your very detailed info. This gives me enough info to try out with a bit more confidence. Thank you Patentg33k!!

NaomiH

My mom is pretty pale and has lots of redness in her cheeks and I was thinking of maybe getting her Neutralize to help with her rosacea, would the powder or the liquid be best? She usually wears a liquid foundation.