MAC Prep + Prime CC Colour Correct (February 6, 2014)

erine1881

Hehe, spoken like the true glitter-on-the-eyelids daredevil that you are! :devil: I actually took a look in the book today and quizzed the brand manager about the eye and lip use for the CCs and the P&P Natural Radiance. Both of these products are listed as not approved for lip and eye. However, just to twist your brain around, every product comes with suggested application steps for use, designed by national trainers and the Natural Radiance steps specifically say to sweep the product on the cheeks, nose and "under the brow bone", before using strobe cream on the cheekbones and then dusting down the center of the face with Careblend powder to finish. Kind of contradictory. So I brought the subject up to the manager and this is what he had to say: They are required to say "not approved for the eye" when the product has only been tested and approved by a dermatologist and not also an ophthalmologist. If it gets checked and approved by an ophthalmologist too, then they don't need the warning. So, some of it is just a cost saving measure to a certain extent. He personally feels that the CC creams are very specifically supposed to be used under the eyes and he personally feels that they're fine on the brow bones, just not on the eyelid where it could possibly sweat into your eye. He remembered some obviously eye-only pigment colors, like blue and green, that you'd never be using on the face, that weren't approved for the eye, so there was always a tacit, go ahead and use it at your own risk element. Fortunately, a lot of those really question mark pigments and ingredients are a thing of the past. I don't think using these items in the eye area will be any more of an issue that using those super glittery MES - heck those are riskier, if you ask me. As for the lips, an MA first tried that out on me and I'm A-OK with continuing it myself. I DO blot my lips down all the way before I eat a full meal, though, and do that no matter what I have on them, because the idea of eating lipstick and gloss is pretty yech to me. Heck, when the subject in one of these threads got on that topic of the reality show where deranged people eat their makeup all day long and finish up with dirty diapers and cat hair for dessert, I had to CLOSE THREAD. :nuts: All I can do is guess they're not lip safe due to the sunscreen ingredients.  If you're OK with proceeding with foreknowledge and caution, I'm still gonna say, that lavender CC is a great look under lipstick and your lips are very soft at the end of the day. :busted:  
Oh i know why they have to say they aren't recommended. In terms of makeup, the brow bone has never been considered the immediate eye area. Why? I don't know. So brow bone use is understandable as a recommendation in the directions. For the green and blue pigments, performers would totally use them on their face, so you can't say they aren't "face" colours, especially when those products/colours were specifically made for stage/performance. As for the lips, i don't think it has to do with the sunscreen. Many lip products have sunscreen in them. Either way, there are definitely other products that are better suited for use on the eyes and lips if there's discolouration, so the fact that these aren't recommended for use in those areas works perfectly. Like i said, I'm just reminding people that they need to remember these things aren't approved for use in those areas. By all means, use at your own risk. But when you've got counter artists breaking counter protocol by doing it, and people on here suggesting that use, people need to be reminded. I read so many times about people using carbon, engraved or blacktrack on their waterlines, and they aren't approved for that area of the eye. I'm just sayin'.

User38

Is it okay to use the cream under eyes?

Thank you.
technically no.. from what I understand. but technically it's not ok to use some liners to waterline or tightline..

they do a CYA disclaimer -- which is for legal purposes only.

User38

You look absolutely gorgeous. So beautiful. In all seriousness, my mouth fell open when I saw this picture. Just wow.
Thank you ladies!! you are very sweet
th_hug.gif

we old bags appreciate it!
girlhaha.gif

lipstickaddict

My MA really outdid himself that day!!
heart2.gif
I've been using them pretty much every day I wear makeup now and I've had great results with them. I can't really get away without using some tinted powder or foundation with them, but they definitely let me use a lot less of either so the end result is much more smooth and natural, plus there's the added benefit of adding a lot of staying power.

Right now, I've been experimenting with the pink Natural Radiance on the cheeks, forehead and under the eyes with a little yellow CC around the nose area where it's reddest, then dusting with Careblend or Elude or Centre of Attention MSF and I'm loving that for something quick and casual. My powder stays on forever like this. The trick for me will be just exactly what combo of products and brushes will allow me to use the least amount of everything and have the most "bare skin" look and feel. For someone who's always been more of a bare skin person and rarely wore foundation or heavy powders, the way these products combine to give such a smooth, even look has really won me over and I'm keeping them in the day to day rotation. It'll be interesting to see what will or won't change in the routine as we get into the summer.

Also, are you thinking about those Patentpolish lip pencils? That seems to be the going opinion about them from people who've had a chance to see them already!
Thank you for the info Liba---always so helpful! I really do appreciate it. I am not sure if the makeup artist I was talking to was referring to the Patentpolish lip pencils, because she wouldn't say the name, but I am guessing that must be the case since I don't think there are any other new lip collections on the more immediate horizon. She wasn't too forthcoming with more specific information though which was too bad. Hmmmmm.....

martiangurll

Thank you for taking the time to post all of that! I am about your paleness (NC15 or so about now) so I think I can get away with Illuminate and want to try the CC cream. I wonder if I can use it over concealer, but I may try the yellow powder to help with redness, that is the main reason I wear foundation is to cover that up! Your look just looks natural and pretty.
If it goes over foundation, it should be a snap over concealer. Just use the powders. I've been trying the yellow just around my nose and it looks really good. I didn't think I'd buy anything from this collection, and here I am, yelling its praises. They all feel so light, like you're not adding a lot of product to your face and getting oily and clogged because of it.

Thank you for all the warm compliments. They made my day!
YW
flower.gif

One last question then I will quit bugging...Loose or pressed? I think I have to avoid anything like Adjust because apricot powder may not be my friend, but I want to try the Illuminate cream and powder. I like the pressed powder because it doesn't get all over the place but the loose is more bang for the buck. Decisions, decisions!

User38

I want to give a major shout out for these products. I use the lavender CC, and the loose powder. I also purchased the pressed for travel altho to be honest, the loose powder is tinyyyyyy -- but well worth it to me. I do use it with a Chanel kabuki brush.

I have been using for the past week, and have only gotten compliments.. last night Bert said I looked "magnificent"
love.gif
and in truth, I had little makeup on as we went to a movie and dinner.. but my skin just glows.

I love these products!
cheerleader.gif

liba

I want to give a major shout out for these products. I use the lavender CC, and the loose powder. I also purchased the pressed for travel altho to be honest, the loose powder is tinyyyyyy -- but well worth it to me. I do use it with a Chanel kabuki brush.

I have been using for the past week, and have only gotten compliments.. last night Bert said I looked "magnificent"
love.gif
and in truth, I had little makeup on as we went to a movie and dinner.. but my skin just glows.

I love these products!
cheerleader.gif
Products like these in the past never were quite right or required so much fussing, but these are so foolproof and easy to deal with, and such results!!!! I'm a total convert too.
heart2.gif

User38

I think they are both sheer -- but it's just easier to tote the compact around. These really are goofproof.. I have ordered a second set for my travel bag -- I really need it when I do a lot of air travel, as I get a bit green.
tease.gif

singer82

Im for sure getting the yellow CC cream for my redness. But not sure if I should get the yellow or lavender powder.

singer82

Mostly around my nose, chin, around and on my nose, and esp on my cheeks. Was hoping it would even out my skintone. And no I just use regular standard moisturizer.
How much redness do U have? Are u using any type of bb or tinted mosturiZer already?

AutumnMoon

YW:flower: One last question then I will quit bugging...Loose or pressed?  I think I have to avoid anything like Adjust because apricot powder may not be my friend, but I want to try the Illuminate cream and powder.  I like the pressed powder because it doesn't get all over the place but the loose is more bang for the buck.  Decisions, decisions!
Sorry for the late reply. I like pressed. Then I can them with me to work. Plus I feel that I don't waste as much.

Parii27

Is it possible to use the yellow powders as a ben nye banana powder dupe? For under eye highlight/ to set it..

erine1881

Is it possible to use the yellow powders as a ben nye banana powder dupe? For under eye highlight/ to set it..
No. They're completely different products/colours/uses/effects/textures/results... The yellow is to counteract red and for nothing else.