MAC Pressed Pigment Collection Discussion (December 2012)

Icecaramellatte

I just used my Carine Roitfield Desert palette for the first time today. I layered a bit of Day Gleam over the middle of the lid. I really liked the look. I still have yet to try Amethyst or Jet Couture yet. I still haven't worked them into a look. Is anyone wearing these Pressed Pigments alone on the lid. Is much color showing up? I must try these soon. I still want to get at least one more though. I really like the Pressed Pigments but I know they are not for everyone.

liba

I just used my Carine Roitfield Desert palette for the first time today. I layered a bit of Day Gleam over the middle of the lid. I really liked the look. I still have yet to try Amethyst or Jet Couture yet. I still haven't worked them into a look. Is anyone wearing these Pressed Pigments alone on the lid. Is much color showing up? I must try these soon. I still want to get at least one more though. I really like the Pressed Pigments but I know they are not for everyone.
I wear them alone but they're not all equally pigmented.

Of the ones I have, Smokey and Jet Couture are the most opaque. Deeply Dashing and Warming Heart next and Amethyst the least. I like the sheer look for Amethyst. I've worn it on its own with strong pink cheeks and sparkly lips.

Icecaramellatte

I wear them alone but they're not all equally pigmented.

Of the ones I have, Smokey and Jet Couture are the most opaque. Deeply Dashing and Warming Heart next and Amethyst the least. I like the sheer look for Amethyst. I've worn it on its own with strong pink cheeks and sparkly lips.
Thanks for the heads up. I've been hesitant to use my other Pressed Pigments as I'm not sure how they wear as I decide on my makeup look in the morning as I go. I've been worried about using them and it not coming out the way that I like. Since they are so sparkly, I figure I won't have time to fix it up if I don't like the look I do. I really should try these the night before.

Prettypackages

I wore amethyst on the lid and saddle in the crease it was beautiful and sparkly. but not a glitter bomb. I feel lke it is a grown up sparkle. LOL although they are not super pigmented, I had great pay off. I was only doing it for a wash of color though.

hwdsprincess

I ordered deeply dashing today I can't wait to get it!!! I swear I never meant to buy any I was minding my own business happened to just see that one and I loved it.

MACina

I am so in love with my PPs
love.gif

I cannot even choose a favorite...they are all so pretty!

But if I had to choose some faves I' d say Jet Couture,Smoky,Amethyst and Angelic.

MRV

This is a lovely picture, Macina! You can see the shades well. Now I have to turn the broken record on again: we were supposed to get this collection in December, but it is not here yet! Argh!
censored.gif

OctoberViolet

You know what? I received my Amethyst PP yesterday and it looks quite pink not purple like your picture below MACina. I'm thinking they mislabeled my Amethyst and gave me Sweet Acting instead. GRRRRRRR.
angry.gif
I mean it's still pretty and I'm wearing it today, but I wanted f'ing purple!!
finger.gif
finger.gif
finger.gif
u MAC!

I am so in love with my PPs
love.gif

I cannot even choose a favorite...they are all so pretty!

But if I had to choose some faves I' d say Jet Couture,Smoky,Amethyst and Angelic.

martiangurll

You know what? I received my Amethyst PP yesterday and it looks quite pink not purple like your picture below MACina. I'm thinking they mislabeled my Amethyst and gave me Sweet Acting instead. GRRRRRRR.
angry.gif
finger.gif
finger.gif
finger.gif
u MAC!
I would send it back if you really think its mislabeled--that is a totally legit reason for a return. Wow, Flicker looks almost grey green in MACina's pix...can anyone who has seen it IRL comment? It looks a bit like Dalliance with more yellow/green (and obviously more glitter)

MACina

icon_eek.gif
....oh no, what a bummer!

angry.gif
finger.gif
finger.gif
finger.gif
u MAC!

MACina

Here is a comparison to Dalliance:

My cam does often have problems to catch the "true" colors, sorry!

I am not good in describing colors but I would say that Flicker is a yellow-white
hmm.gif

I would send it back if you really think its mislabeled--that is a totally legit reason for a return. Wow, Flicker looks almost grey green in MACina's pix...can anyone who has seen it IRL comment? It looks a bit like Dalliance with more yellow/green (and obviously more glitter)