MAC Prime Focus Discussion

Mac-Guy

The only thing I've noticed so far is that is gives a slight glow to the skin but if you put it before foundation or moisturizer you won't noticed the glow as much.

Agreed, I have a similar experience. I prefer Strobe Cream or Lustre Drops for adding a glow.

martiangurll

Does this concealer have SPF? I have been looking for one forever that has SPF and doesn't crease. Liquid, cream, stick--I don't care. Thus far, I have been using Prolongwear foundation applied with a concealer brush in a shade lighter than my skin and it works okay (good for e/s base too) but I would love one that doesn't crease!

Edelmc

I had a look at this in store today...there was alot of new stuff in store to play with today!
One of the mua's described this as a tinted strobe cream to be used on the higher planes of the face prior to foundation. Another mua said it was a primer with enhancing properties (which is what I thought it was meant to be). I will play with my sample when I get home and report back!!

PonDe

I just bought the Prep & Prime compact powder,its much more user friendly than the loose powder version but a pity it does not come with an applicator,Would be good if they had included a small brush for it but nevertheless still a good product in a slim compact casing

OctoberViolet

iagree.gif

I just bought the Prep & Prime compact powder,its much more user friendly than the loose powder version but a pity it does not come with an applicator,Would be good if they had included a small brush for it but nevertheless still a good product in a slim compact casing

PinkBasset

The primer in Illuminate really illuminates, the name is spot on. I tested it on my hand and it gave such a glow, it could work as a highlighter too. I asked for a sample so I can test it on my face too, I also got a sample of Adjust.

Mac-Guy

The primer in Illuminate really illuminates, the name is spot on. I tested it on my hand and it gave such a glow, it could work as a highlighter too. I asked for a sample so I can test it on my face too, I also got a sample of Adjust.
How do you compare it with Strobe Cream. I get a much better glow effect with SC. IMO, SC is the better choice unless you are looking for SPF. I'm glad you like it though.

Edelmc

How do you compare it with Strobe Cream. I get a much better glow effect with SC. IMO, SC is the better choice unless you are looking for SPF. I'm glad you like it though.

I have the purple one and although I was hoping that the new enhancers were a primer/SPF/strobe cream all in one (which it isn't) I do think I will be replacing my sc with the enhancer. I love sc but feel the effect can sometimes be too muted /lost under foundation. On the other hand the enhancer still shows a glow under foundation and has the added benefit of helping with the redness on my cheeks

Mac-Guy

I have the purple one and although I was hoping that the new enhancers were a primer/SPF/strobe cream all in one (which it isn't) I do think I will be replacing my sc with the enhancer. I love sc but feel the effect can sometimes be too muted /lost under foundation. On the other hand the enhancer still shows a glow under foundation and has the added benefit of helping with the redness on my cheeks

I'm confused now. Neutralize (the yellow one) is to cancel out redness, not the purple one (Illuminate). Or do you have both? :)

Edelmc

Sorry about the confusion. For me, anything with a bit of a tint helps tone down the redness and since my priority is illuminating (I am a highlighting/illuminating addict!) I went for the purple one.....I really like it

PinkBasset

I don't use Strobe Cream, but I believe SC is thicker. This could be more like Strobe Liquid, lightweight.

Edelmc

I am really liking these enhancers! I have been playing with them for a couple of days and if I apply it in a thin layer it acts as a fab primer, SPF and illuminator in one. I just apply it more liberally on my cheeks for extra glow. Really love this stuff!!!

Mac-Guy

Sorry about the confusion. For me, anything with a bit of a tint helps tone down the redness and since my priority is illuminating (I am a highlighting/illuminating addict!) I went for the purple one.....I really like it

Oh ok. This makes sense. Have you tried neutralize as well?

Edelmc

I will defo try it. I got a great tip from a mua recently- she suggested wearing a slightly yellow toned foundation to help cancel out the redness and it really works. Foundations like Chanel are too yellow to blend in with my skintone but Bobbi brown and some mac foundations work a treat! I never thought I would try a nc foundations but depending on the foundation it really works!

Mac-Guy

I will defo try it. I got a great tip from a mua recently- she suggested wearing a slightly yellow toned foundation to help cancel out the redness and it really works. Foundations like Chanel are too yellow to blend in with my skintone but Bobbi brown and some mac foundations work a treat! I never thought I would try a nc foundations but depending on the foundation it really works!

Personally, I don't like this idea at all. While it works well in the areas where you have redness, the NC will be very noticeable on areas such as your neckline, ears, etc. Now, if you use two foundations and use the NC one where you have redness - usually the cheeks, nose, mouth - then, of course, you can use it like a color corrector.

Edelmc

Personally, I don't like this idea at all. While it works well in the areas where you have redness, the NC will be very noticeable on areas such as your neckline, ears, etc. Now, if you use two foundations and use the NC one where you have redness - usually the cheeks, nose, mouth - then, of course, you can use it like a color corrector. 
Yeah I was hesitant at first. A Bobbi brown mua artist told me that's why they don't do cool toned foundations as subtle yellow toned foundations can help alot of different of different tones. Now I defo can't wear very warm or obviously yellow foundations but a subtle yellow works wonders. I also always thought my foundation didn't really match my neck, thinking they were 2 different shades but now everything matches since I have been wearing a subtle yellow shade... It confuses me cause I don't really know what standard shade I am now but I do know that studio sculpt in nc 15 matches perfectly and I am very excited!! Still going to check out the neutralising corrector to try it out under my face&body