MAC Prime Focus Discussion

krs18

i'm not convinced about these yet...
didn't see any difference in how long my makeup wore for

aradhana

I'm really curious about the tinted primers... Has anyone tried them our yet or is everyone waiting for the end of the September flurry of collections?

i picked up the peachy one and the pressed powder.
i've only used the tinted primer a few times so far....in combination with my undereye concealer, and also along the cheekbone/orbital as a highlight. i like the lightweight texture, and the subtle glow it gives as a highlight...but not ready to give it a complete review because i'm not done playing!
on the other hand, i love the portability of the pressed powder...i just wish it were ssssslightly more cohesive, because powder tends to dust off and collect in the compact. but it's wayyyy better than carrying around a pot of powder in one's purse!

OctoberViolet

I have the Illuminate (lavender) primer and the pressed powder. I have only started using the primer and I haven't used too much because it's my first time trying it. I do like how light weight it is and how it blends into my moisturizer and skin evenly and quickly. It appears to make my skin look a little more vibrant (and Lord knows with all the stress & depression I've been under lately I need a boost). I also have the pressed powder which I LOVE!!! It's so light weight and translucent. I had just wished it came with a powder puff. I'm lucky I had a bunch of them handy, but I guess I've been spoiled by other brands that give you a puff with your item. I'm loving this stuff!

Mac-Guy

After testing out SE in Illuminate and Neutralize for a week, I have to say that I prefer the BB.

SatelliteDrmr

Has anyone tried the pressed Prep & Prime Powder to set their under eye concealer? If so, how did it work out?

I've been using Benefit's Powderflage for a couple of years, but now that it's dc'd, I need to find something new. I had a couple samples of Bare Escentuals, and I tried that, within a couple of hours, my under eye area was a cakey, creased mess. I find the same thing happens with quite a few powders. I have an almost full tub of MUFE HD, which works okay, but I don't want to have white eyes if I end up in a photo. I've heard Prep & Prime photographs quite well.

Thanks in advance!

Monsy

i don't like any powder under the eyes. it just enhances dryness in that area. i love thick creamy concealers

Edelmc

After testing out SE in Illuminate and Neutralize for a week, I have to say that I prefer the BB.
What did you think of them as primers and colour correctors? You mentioned tinted set powders earlier- are they available at pro and what sort of finish do they give? I am not keen on a matte finish but I like the idea of the tint

Mac-Guy

You mentioned tinted set powders earlier- are they available at pro and what sort of finish do they give? I am not keen on a matte finish but I like the idea of the tint

I will try to post a more in-depth review later this week or next week, as work-wise, this week is a bit crazy.

The tinted powders have the same finish as the invisible set powder. And yes, it's a Pro item, but as long as you know what tint you want, you can order over the phone.

aradhana

Has anyone tried the pressed Prep & Prime Powder to set their under eye concealer? If so, how did it work out?

I've been using Benefit's Powderflage for a couple of years, but now that it's dc'd, I need to find something new. I had a couple samples of Bare Escentuals, and I tried that, within a couple of hours, my under eye area was a cakey, creased mess. I find the same thing happens with quite a few powders. I have an almost full tub of MUFE HD, which works okay, but I don't want to have white eyes if I end up in a photo. I've heard Prep & Prime photographs quite well.

Thanks in advance!
i've been using the powder to set my concealer...i use an eyeshadow brush -- 224 i think...so far so good! usually i have problems with makeup on my undereye getting messy or (with concealers) cakey, but the setting powder seems to give a good finish (not white) and keeps everything in place.

Edelmc

I will try to post a more in-depth review later this week or next week, as work-wise, this week is a bit crazy.

The tinted powders have the same finish as the invisible set powder. And yes, it's a Pro item, but as long as you know what tint you want, you can order over the phone.
I am going to be in the mac pro store in Paris in October so I am already making up my list! I am thinking about the set powder because I am intrigued by the tints but I don't like a matte finish ( I usually use msfn or p&p) so maybe I might be better off getting my corrector hit from these new primers and then my natural finish from the powders I normally use?

SatelliteDrmr

Thank you for the replies! I do have to set my concealer with something, or else it will crease pretty quickly. I will give this powder a try! I was reading reviews on (the loose powder) MUA, and it sounds like the finish will be quite nice, as it's not matte or heavy.

SatelliteDrmr

Everything creases on me too, except Prolongwear concealer!

I use Prolongwear as well, and I love it! I'm soooo oily though, that it still creases!
icon_eek.gif