MAC Pro Longwear Collection - (April 17, 2014)

GucciGirl

omg that mac brush is a real beauty!! I have that shiseido brush on my brush wishlist!!!
I so hate that they discontinued the 180. I think Crown Brush has a dupe on their website. The Shiseido brush is soooo luxe! H&M has a $9.95 dupe but I haven't tried it. Its called the BB Cream brush.

chi1216

Honestly I prefer my concealer and Msfn powder but the prolong wear compact foundation is nice. Lol

GucciGirl

Honestly I prefer my concealer and Msfn powder but the prolong wear compact foundation is nice. Lol
I think what sold me was the prolong wear part. I don't like to keep.fussing with my makeup and my face all day and my Msfn goes oily on me after a few hours. I agree its not holy grail but it aiight!!! Lol

Prettypackages

Thank you!!! It lasted pretty good. I was impressed. checked my face at throughout the day and I was not oily at all- and I usually get very shiny/oily in the t-zone. I washed my face at around 8:45 last night and it still looked pretty good. I didn't use a primer or anything. Yesterday I applied it with my fingers and it gave a very nice natural coverage. Today i spritzed my face with a little fix plus and used my Shiseido foundation brush and it is still very natural but it definitely took it up a level. If my hair wasn't a hot ass mess I would have taken a picture. ( I will be getting that taken care of tomorrow
th_worship.gif
).... These are the brushes that I have that seem to apply it the best in my opinion because of the texture of it. Oh and I have also ordered the Tarte Airbuki foundation brush. Did I mention that I am also a brush whore!!! LOL!!!

gorgeous!!!

Tell me about the tarte brush?

LouGarner

So today I am wearing the Pro Longwear compact. I applied it with clean fingers because it feels very dry and I thought the heat from my hands would help warm it up and blend. So far so good. I have combo skin so the drier texture is ok for me but I could see this being a nightmare for drier skin. I put it on at around 8:15 this morning. I'm interested to see how it wears and if it oxidixes and all that jazz.....Anywho here is another collage of pics. For reference I have been matched to NW45 and NC50 in store. I can wear MSFN in Deep in the winter and Deep Dark in warmer months.
love the brows.

GucciGirl

I ordered it to try with this prolong wear compact since to me it has a drier texture and I like how natural buffing brushes make your makeup look. I usually only wear powder so I think this would be great for powder too.

macgirl3121

I went to the Pro Store in SF today cause I happened to be on that side of the Bay today. They did not have a single NW45 in the store. Looks like they never got shipped. I swatched NC50 and the MA and I both agreed that it was a no go & NW50 was way too dark. Most likely NW45 would work for me in this but it is not in stock on the website and I went to the Berkeley store and they had everything BUT NW45. That's a bit of a fail right there.

GucciGirl

I went to the Pro Store in SF today cause I happened to be on that side of the Bay today. They did not have a single NW45 in the store. Looks like they never got shipped. I swatched NC50 and the MA and I both agreed that it was a no go & NW50 was way too dark. Most likely NW45 would work for me in this but it is not in stock on the website and I went to the Berkeley store and they had everything BUT NW45. That's a bit of a fail right there.
I noticed that online it says coming soon.. I went to my MAC store to try the NW45 and they didn't have them either. They tried to sell me the NW50 but I know that was not good for me. The NC50 that I have "works" but I know that NW45 in this formula would be perfect,

sdsamler

so I ended up picking up N18 even though I'm usually an NC20 in most things but I thought it looked a little yellow. I like it so far but I have a lot of acne right now :/ so I apply the pro longwear concealer underneath really lightly on problem areas and then use this foundation to top it....GORGEOUS. It feels like silk and dries to a nice powder finish so no need to top it with anything and it's lasting strong for a good 5 hrs with no touchups or oil in my t-zone :) feels like nothing on the skin and blends out reallllyyy nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA05fvPfI6A&feature=youtu.be

here's me applying it :)

GucciGirl

so I ended up picking up N18 even though I'm usually an NC20 in most things but I thought it looked a little yellow. I like it so far but I have a lot of acne right now :/ so I apply the pro longwear concealer underneath really lightly on problem areas and then use this foundation to top it....GORGEOUS. It feels like silk and dries to a nice powder finish so no need to top it with anything and it's lasting strong for a good 5 hrs with no touchups or oil in my t-zone :) feels like nothing on the skin and blends out reallllyyy nice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA05fvPfI6A&feature=youtu.be here's me applying it :)
It looks great!!

booksandblushxo

I have very oily skin, I usually wear makeup for 12ish hours a day, and I prefer medium to full coverage foundations. I plan on checking this out when I stop by MAC this weekend, but I'd love to hear people's thoughts on the wear of this foundation/if it would be a good fit for me now that you guys have had a chance to test it out. GucciGirl, you look gorgeous with the foundation on! And you're giving me major eyebrow envy. lol

GucciGirl

I have very oily skin, I usually wear makeup for 12ish hours a day, and I prefer medium to full coverage foundations. I plan on checking this out when I stop by MAC this weekend, but I'd love to hear people's thoughts on the wear of this foundation/if it would be a good fit for me now that you guys have had a chance to test it out. GucciGirl, you look gorgeous with the foundation on! And you're giving me major eyebrow envy. lol
LOL!!! I am eyebrow obsessed because as you can see I usually have none....womp womp womp!! LOL!!

I regret to say I have not worn much of this lately. It is a great product and I love how you can get different levels of coverage but when I went outside the color was just slightly off. I am waiting for them to get NW45 in store so I can try it out.

I usually have very oily skin as well and this held up pretty well in my opinion. I did have minor oil breakthrough after about 6 hours but it was not bad at all. The texture is on the drier side so one day I tried to spray my face with fix+ to see if it applied better....which it did but it did not last nearly as long and I was oily before lunch time......like very oily. UGH!!! If you can find a match I would definitely recommend at least trying it. I love the formula just not the color.

HTH!!!!

xfarrax

I bought this last week in two minds about it however, I like that at the end of the day everything is more or less still there, but then again I still get a oily tzone by midday and that's something I really hate. Going to try apply it in different ways and see the different results I get, at the moment I'm using the real techniques twistable kabuki brush it's like a travel brush - very multipurpose. Apart from this problem the color is pretty much spot on and the initial finish is very nice and natural. Let me know how you have been making it work if you have this foundation, I would love any suggestions.