Mac Pro Palettes discussion

erine1881

I label my magnets on the bottom. And i utilize the glue that remains after depotting. To much work and wasted time to try to get it off!

ChosenOne

I label my magnets on the bottom. And i utilize the glue that remains after depotting. To much work and wasted time to try to get it off!
Do you write directly on the magnet, or do you use a sticker? And leaving the glue doesn't make it too difficult to get the pan out when you need to replace it?

erine1881

Do you write directly on the magnet, or do you use a sticker?  And leaving the glue doesn't make it too difficult to get the pan out when you need to replace it?
I use a label maker and put the label on the bottom of the pan, using the glue residue (the magnet is self adhesive too, just incase there isn't a lot of residual glue. I do the same thing with my blushes too.
f6ad42b0_image.jpeg
Sometimes if there's glue on the side of the pan it sticks a bit, but because of the magnet, the glue on the bottom (which you can see on the pan) doesn't touch the bottom of the palette.

MACupGrl

Do you write directly on the magnet, or do you use a sticker?  And leaving the glue doesn't make it too difficult to get the pan out when you need to replace it?
I watched a video on YouTube today where they used a flat iron to remove the stickers off the bottom of the MAC single e/s containers and placed them on the MAC e/s pans (after they applied Z palette round magnet dots to the MAC pans). http://youtu.be/QL6Api9jL3c

ChosenOne

Sometimes if there's glue on the side of the pan it sticks a bit, but because of the magnet, the glue on the bottom (which you can see on the pan) doesn't touch the bottom of the palette.
I see! I wasn't sure if the magnet would stick in the palette with a label on it, so this is good to know. Thanks for the visual! Also good to know I don't have to bother scraping off all the glue. That will make things much faster and easier.

MACupGrl

I watched a video on YouTube today where they used a flat iron to remove the stickers off the bottom of the MAC single e/s containers and placed them on the MAC e/s pans (after they applied Z palette round magnet dots to the MAC pans). http://youtu.be/QL6Api9jL3c
Sorry, she didn't use the magnet dots BUT, you could put the Z palette magnet dots on the bottom of your MAC pans first THEN use the sticker from your MAC e/s containers to stick on the magnet dots.

erine1881

I see!  I wasn't sure if the magnet would stick in the palette with a label on it, so this is good to know.  Thanks for the visual!  Also good to know I don't have to bother scraping off all the glue.  That will make things much faster and easier.
Anytime! It's super easy! I also took the pans out of the tartan tale shadows (which sucked), removed the shadows and cleaned up up completely, glue and all. Then i recycled the pot. I'm saving the pans (i could easily buy new ones, but don't need tons of 36mm pans) to depot the most popularly used lipsticks for my kit. I can fit 1.5-2 lipsticks in one pan.

ChosenOne

Anytime! It's super easy! I also took the pans out of the tartan tale shadows (which sucked), removed the shadows and cleaned up up completely, glue and all. Then i recycled the pot. I'm saving the pans (i could easily buy new ones, but don't need tons of 36mm pans) to depot the most popularly used lipsticks for my kit. I can fit 1.5-2 lipsticks in one pan.
Look at you and all your sly tricks
winks.gif
I love it!

luvlydee

If u dip a cotton swab in alcohol and rub it on the glue it comes off pretty quick. What i usually do is spray a section of my paper towel with alcohol and just rub the pan over it and it works that way also. I buy my magnets off of ebay which comes with round label stickers and i just stick them on there like that. I handwrite the names though

erine1881

If u dip a cotton swab in alcohol and rub it on the glue it comes off pretty quick. What i usually do is spray a section of my paper towel with alcohol and just rub the pan over it and it works that way also. I buy my magnets off of ebay which comes with round label stickers and i just stick them on there like that. I handwrite the names though
The tartan tale shadows were COATED in glue. It took me forever to get the glue off, using both methods you mentioned. The only reason i did remove the glue (i don't for any other pan cuz it doesn't bother me at all. My pans stay in the palettes and i never see the bottom of em. ) is because i didn't have an immediate use for them, so i stored em. I didnt want them sticking to everything!

luvlydee

The tartan tale shadows were COATED in glue. It took me forever to get the glue off, using both methods you mentioned. The only reason i did remove the glue (i don't for any other pan cuz it doesn't bother me at all. My pans stay in the palettes and i never see the bottom of em. ) is because i didn't have an immediate use for them, so i stored em. I didnt want them sticking to everything!
Lmao i just imagined ur shadows sticking to the wall and random places. I take it off mainly because i like feeling the smoothness of the pan. Yea Im weird like that lol

SmashCakes

Something I found that worked was using any type of Oil and lighting scrubbing with a Cotton Pad, that usually gets the glue off for me :)

gracie90

I do the same thing - I just pop on a magnet and then the sticker from the bottom of the pot (which also has glue on it!)

erine1881

Yep! I bought my pans from tkb trading and depotted my SFC for my kit. Sooo much easier than carrying around 15 different pots!
5e70d779_image.jpeg

jsmile

Idea For labelling eye shadows on the palettes with the clear lid: i had some extra transparency sheets and printed rectangles the size of the palette. Cut them out and place it on top of the eyeshadows in the palette. (Similar to mufe palettes) I bought avery clear labels and printed out small squares with names of all my eye shadows. Cut out the squares and stuck them on the transparencies. Since the labels and sheet is clear, you can see everything thru the clear lid. Yes it took a lot of effort but i have ocd when it comes to labeling my makeup.

Mac-Guy

I bought avery clear labels and printed out small squares with names of all my eye shadows. Cut out the squares and stuck them on the transparencies. Since the labels and sheet is clear, you can see everything thru the clear lid. Yes it took a lot of effort but i have ocd when it comes to labeling my makeup.
Sounds like a neat idea :)