Mac Pro Palettes discussion

beautycool

d652d881_image.jpeg
My pallette been de potting I don't like it really :( I messed one up but learnt quickly so my second one I did was plum foolery and I did it just fine :)))) I have no magnets as of yet but the glue is still bit sticky so I been sticking the stickers on with that then I will get magnets at a later date hopefully

bluelitzer

I thought I'd share my "regret buy/not-into-you-anymore palette". Lol
L to R: Party Parrot (clownish), Ablaze (more clownish), CB96 (old school frost), Sounds Like Noise (I got over the trend), Sushi Kiss (not flattering), Sweet and Sour (I actually regret making a first time guinea pig, it looks nice as a spring time lip color)

It broke my heart how much I had to wipe off. It's my first time depotting lipsticks and I probably won't do it again for MAC lipsticks. Although I won't feel bad doing it for my drugstore lipsticks so I might just do those.

Vandekamp

I thought I'd share my "regret buy/not-into-you-anymore palette". Lol L to R: Party Parrot (clownish), Ablaze (more clownish), CB96 (old school frost), Sounds Like Noise (I got over the trend), Sushi Kiss (not flattering), Sweet and Sour (I actually regret making a first time guinea pig, it looks nice as a spring time lip color) It broke my heart how much I had to wipe off. It's my first time depotting lipsticks and I probably won't do it again for MAC lipsticks. Although I won't feel bad doing it for my drugstore lipsticks so I might just do those. 
Nice

tirurit

L to R: Party Parrot (clownish), Ablaze (more clownish), CB96 (old school frost), Sounds Like Noise (I got over the trend), Sushi Kiss (not flattering), Sweet and Sour (I actually regret making a first time guinea pig, it looks nice as a spring time lip color)

It broke my heart how much I had to wipe off. It's my first time depotting lipsticks and I probably won't do it again for MAC lipsticks. Although I won't feel bad doing it for my drugstore lipsticks so I might just do those.

I have a similar DIY palette with drugstore shades that I don't use that much. They take much less space!

SatelliteDrmr

I'm considering doing this with all of my older mac lipsticks that I hardly touch, but don't have the heart to B2M them when there's so much left.

pinkpaint

I'm considering doing this with all of my older mac lipsticks that I hardly touch, but don't have the heart to B2M them when there's so much left.
I have that same struggle. I went ahead and B2M'd a couple of nearly new lipsticks and I honestly don't miss them. I had to get over that guilty feeling and just appreciate my new free lippie lol. But this seems like a great idea to save space and B2M the empties.

butterflyeyes

I thought I'd share my "regret buy/not-into-you-anymore palette". Lol L to R: Party Parrot (clownish), Ablaze (more clownish), CB96 (old school frost), Sounds Like Noise (I got over the trend), Sushi Kiss (not flattering), Sweet and Sour (I actually regret making a first time guinea pig, it looks nice as a spring time lip color) It broke my heart how much I had to wipe off. It's my first time depotting lipsticks and I probably won't do it again for MAC lipsticks. Although I won't feel bad doing it for my drugstore lipsticks so I might just do those. 
Just seeing this but what do you mean you had to wipe off a lot? So you mean you had a lot of wasted product when you made your palettes? I use the bigger well pans so I am able to get every bit of lipstick from the tube (I use a makeup spatula to dig the lipstick out of the white part of the tube) so when I B2M them they are literally empty lol. It's why I went with the bigger wells versus the smaller 24 pan wells. Looks like you used the same ones though so I may have completely misunderstood what you meant. I apologize if that is the case.

SatelliteDrmr

I have that same struggle. I went ahead and B2M'd a couple of nearly new lipsticks and I honestly don't miss them. I had to get over that guilty feeling and just appreciate my new free lippie lol. But this seems like a great idea to save space and B2M the empties.
I have to get over it. Some are from 2008
sick.gif

bluelitzer

Just seeing this but what do you mean you had to wipe off a lot? So you mean you had a lot of wasted product when you made your palettes? I use the bigger well pans so I am able to get every bit of lipstick from the tube (I use a makeup spatula to dig the lipstick out of the white part of the tube) so when I B2M them they are literally empty lol. It's why I went with the bigger wells versus the smaller 24 pan wells. Looks like you used the same ones though so I may have completely misunderstood what you meant. I apologize if that is the case.
I put the lipstick in the freezer for ten minutes so I could pull out the tube as a whole and then put it in the well, then I blow-dried it and it didn't melt as smoothly as I wanted it. It flowed out of the well and I had to wipe off the excess that escaped. Then I decided to microwave it in ten second intervals, that was neater. The finish had a lot to do with melt time. Frosts smoothed out very quickly but satins and mattes take so long and didn't smooth out at all so I just left it as is. Sorry for the vagueness lol. :)

butterflyeyes

I put the lipstick in the freezer for ten minutes so I could pull out the tube as a whole and then put it in the well, then I blow-dried it and it didn't melt as smoothly as I wanted it. It flowed out of the well and I had to wipe off the excess that escaped. Then I decided to microwave it in ten second intervals, that was neater. The finish had a lot to do with melt time. Frosts smoothed out very quickly but satins and mattes take so long and didn't smooth out at all so I just left it as is. Sorry for the vagueness lol. :)
Oh ok. If the blow drying method is what you like using (I use it also and only microwave if absolutely necessary to get smoothness) you might want to dry doing so with a diffuser attachment on your dryer. That's what I do and I don't have well overflow. I find that the diffuser just helps evenly distribute the airflow and keeps it from becoming a messy job. I have to do some kit palette refills soon since some of my palettes were hit hard during prom season and now for graduations but I'm the weirdo that actually enjoys the deporting process lol. Just so much easier for kit organization for me

Latest posts